Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #1516
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano View Post
Just joining. Three females in the house...all on different doses of Levothyroxine. My DH is thrilled!

I've been hypo for...well, let's just saw more years than I want to acknowledge. My dd's both have Hashi's along with some other auto-immune issues.
Welcome!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #1517
mrsklamc

This diet is such a bizarre thing. Do you know what I want this afternoon? A fruit roll up. I can't tell you the last time I have even THOUGHT about a fruit roll up!

Has anyone made any of the brownie recipes in the thyca cookbook?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #1518
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

mrsklamc - Isn't it amazing how all of sudden you want things you normally don't even think about at the time when you can't have them! It's very annoying. I did not try the brownies, but did try the chocolate cake and it wasn't bad.

Question for the group - I have been on the new lower dose for about a month now and at first I saw no change. However, the past three days I have been totally exhausted. I wake up tired, I'm tired all day, and I literally fall asleep by 8pm. This happened over night and I am wondering if you think it has to do with the dose change. I went from 224 to 200. I am just trying to see if this is normal. Has anyone else experienced this with a dose change? Thanks!
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #1519
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dischick4778 View Post
mrsklamc - Isn't it amazing how all of sudden you want things you normally don't even think about at the time when you can't have them! It's very annoying. I did not try the brownies, but did try the chocolate cake and it wasn't bad.

Question for the group - I have been on the new lower dose for about a month now and at first I saw no change. However, the past three days I have been totally exhausted. I wake up tired, I'm tired all day, and I literally fall asleep by 8pm. This happened over night and I am wondering if you think it has to do with the dose change. I went from 224 to 200. I am just trying to see if this is normal. Has anyone else experienced this with a dose change? Thanks!
Totally sounds like it could be a dosage change thing.

This may be unique to me, kinda weird, but the other thing that knocks me out like that with no real other obvious symptoms is, well....treatable with monistat.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #1520
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

At this moment I don't have any symptoms other than being really tired. I guess I will wait and see. It's probably just an adjustment to the meds. It's always something right?
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #1521
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Totally sounds like it could be a dosage change thing.

This may be unique to me, kinda weird, but the other thing that knocks me out like that with no real other obvious symptoms is, well....treatable with monistat.
You know, I have the *same* problem when that happens. It makes me feel really tired and run down. Thought it was just me.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #1522
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Welcome J. Cano - your house sounds like a bunch of fun with everyone on synthroid. I think my dh would head for the hills! One of me on synthroid is enough for him for sure. I have to put up with 4 males in my home, so lots of testosterone,

Jenn - My dose went down from the 200 to 175 and at first I got really tired too, but now i think it seems to be leveling off. I notice alot of the hyper emotional stuff is so good now. Even dh said I was pretty good today after sitting in traffic on the Belt Parkway for over an hour with the rain and flood issues etc.

Micayla - Wishing you all the best on the diet. I didnt try the cakes because my my rad. onc. refuses to let us have stuff like cocoa powder etc. I did see they have some new recipes using the homemade applesauce to make banana bread or something else that did sound yummy. Well on my trip to the amish country I found out the Indiana Amish people work in the rv vehicle industry/ They seem so different from the Amish in Penn.That was so sad what happened at your state fair.

I had a good trip It was good to get away from not thinking about medical stuff for a while. I couldnt walk so much with all my joint,spine, issues etc. I really need that reclast infusion. Oh, my ds just told me the endo secretary called and I guess I will call her back to schedule the infusion. I cant do it now as dh is leaving for China on Friday for a week and then I think the lst week of sept. or around then he is going to Seattle and San Francisco for a week. I dont want the ds to have to take care of me when I get the flu like symptoms. They are not very caring, helpful etc.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #1523
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post

Micayla - Wishing you all the best on the diet. I didnt try the cakes because my my rad. onc. refuses to let us have stuff like cocoa powder etc. I did see they have some new recipes using the homemade applesauce to make banana bread or something else that did sound yummy.

That was so sad what happened at your state fair.

I cant do it now as dh is leaving for China on Friday for a week and then I think the lst week of sept. or around then he is going to Seattle and San Francisco for a week. I dont want the ds to have to take care of me when I get the flu like symptoms. They are not very caring, helpful etc.
The diet is much easier so far since I am not hypo as well. I was so emotional about my cravings last time. I did see a ghiardelli chocolate bar at the store that was 100% unsweetened cocoa today....

The stage collapse was very tragic. We drove by on the way downtown this afternoon and there were still a ton of police and emergency vehicles there, investigating still I'm sure.

I'm sorry your sons aren't more helpful.I'm sure I wouldn't have been at that age either; I wish I lived closer!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #1524
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

I just listened to the endo secretary message.

She says, I am calling to schedule the infusion. Oh goody, but wait, she says..do you have the medicine???

Last time they said they were getting it for me. I dont know if they changed their rules again. I will have to call her back and see what s going on. The endo wrote me a script but it has expired now.

Oh well back to my normal reclast runaround. Who would have thought this would turn into something so drawn out and complicated.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #1525
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Hi everyone, I'm Tina. I'm sure some of you know me.

Well after years of a battle I was seen by a Reproductive Endo. The first question he asked was if I was being treated for my thyroid condition. I looked at him like he was crazy as I've never been told anything like that.

He said the labs were plain as the nose on his face that I have a thyroid condition but would do more labs just to see. So fastforward a couple weeks(I had alot of labs done) and he said I have a hypothyroid but it swings both ways. He did testing over a series of weeks to follow my cycle. I started the synthroid on Friday.

I'm reading this thread and just about in tears. For the past 6 months I have had so much hand and finger muscle pain. I couldn't open a water bottle and sometimes I'd drop my pen while writing. I have been so scared that I was also getting MS as I know a couple people with the symptoms. The doctor assured me that this was all part of a thyroid problem that should have been taken care of at least a year ago if not longer.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and symptoms and what works for you. I guess this will be a long road for me but at least I'm not in the dark going down it.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #1526
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Hi Tina and welcome!! Of course we know who you are sweetie

I know you have been through so much but it sounds like you are on the right track with this doctor.

Christine is the resident expert here and she also lives in Va like you, hmm maybe you two are by each other???

Might be helpful to keep a little notebook for any questions, blood work etc.

Can you share what your synthroid dose is?

Feel free to ask anything you want here. Everyone will try to help you.

Personally I take the name brand as I dont want to deal with all the filler issues of the generics and my ins. co. wont pay for it though, but its a small price to pay for my health. My dose is 175 but that is because I have thyroid cancer.

Dont feel bad about the lack of a diagnosis for a long time. I too went through that. My reg. gp was totally clueless. He did a sonogram about once a year but I never had thyroid blood tests.

Hang in there Wishing you all the best always.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #1527
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Well Tina, I'm sorry to have to welcome you to our little group but at the same time is it weird for me to say that I'm happy you have a thyroid condition????

I'm hoping this will really turn things around for you?

When the doctor says that you "swing both ways" does that *really* mean that you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (which is the only process I know of that can cause a person to be hyper at times as well as hypo at times)? I'm by no means an expert on Hashi's but I am wondering if he gave you that diagnosis.

I remember when I was very hypo I had terrible carpal tunnel syndrome and cramps in my calves. The good thing for me is that I knew I was hypo so I didn't have to wonder what was wrong with me. My vision got a little wonky too!

Please let us know how you are doing. It's great that even with the thyroid stuff going on, you were still have to lose all the weight you did. You might see a little more happen now.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #1528
cristielf
Mouseketeer

Thyroid Cancer

I'm new to this thread, but just wanted to say HELLO! I was diagnosed a few years ago with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma (Thyroid Cancer).. I haven't looked through all these pages, but anyone else have it? I have the ear to ear scar that everyone says they don't notice, but I do.. i had a full thyroidectomy and a separate lymphectomy due to a return of the cancer. I'm due to get Thyogen injections next month prior to my annual LID scan. Anyone get this? what's it's like? Honestly, I'm more scared to get a shot in the butt than anything else

May 2009-Disneyland
May 2010- Disney World
August 2011- Disney World
March-2012- Universal
August-2012- Sea World/Discovery Cove/Disney World
cristielf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #1529
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristielf View Post
I'm new to this thread, but just wanted to say HELLO! I was diagnosed a few years ago with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma (Thyroid Cancer).. I haven't looked through all these pages, but anyone else have it? I have the ear to ear scar that everyone says they don't notice, but I do.. i had a full thyroidectomy and a separate lymphectomy due to a return of the cancer. I'm due to get Thyogen injections next month prior to my annual LID scan. Anyone get this? what's it's like? Honestly, I'm more scared to get a shot in the butt than anything else
I was dx'd with papillary back in 1995. I don't have an ear-to-ear scar, but I have a fairly noticeable one due to having two surgeries and NOT having a plastic surgeon at the surgery.

I had Thyrogen injections three times. They make me fairly nauseous and tired but nothing awful. On my third time with them, I had an adverse reaction so I won't be using them again, but most people do just fine with them.

I will say that the needle they use for Thyrogen is VERY small/fine and virtually painless. I was scared too but it was easy.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #1530
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristielf View Post
Hi! I had both Papillary and Follicular. After what you've already been through, the injections will be a breeze! I'm doing my 2nd go round with them on Monday and Tuesday of next week. The first time they just made me pretty tired and gave me a headache, so I just plan on going home and going to sleep!

Welcome! There are great ladies on this thread (and the occasional guy) and it has been a huge help to me on my cancer journey.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: