Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
DeterminedOne

I need to go with my gut on this one
You're probably in bed by now

Dr. Phil child molesting episode

Is the father molesting the three year old? I cried because the baby kept saying "They touched my pee pee." I'm such a wimp!

***1999~ALL STAR SPORTS***2001~PORT ORLEANS RESORT(DIXIE LANDINGS)***2002~ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE***2004~GRAND FLORIDIAN***2006~POLYNESIAN***
DeterminedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
PrincessJasmine08
That is insane! I had no idea there was such a thing as a vacuum
I have a talent for making people's heads spin, among other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedOne
Is the father molesting the three year old? I cried because the baby kept saying "They touched my pee pee." I'm such a wimp!
The mom and grandma of the child suspect so. The father denies it.
PrincessJasmine08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
kejoda
Steve Irwin, taking care of Heavens animals
I never thought I would ever call myself a peep pooper groupie!!

Have you not seen part 2?
kejoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
FreshTressa
BL II - Blue Team
Pretty much likes all genres of movies
I'm the least flakiest of 6
Hmm, you can't improve on perfection! I'm going for the original!

Why o why?
FreshTressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #5
DeterminedOne

I need to go with my gut on this one
You're probably in bed by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejoda
Have you not seen part 2?
No -did he pass the lie detector test?

***1999~ALL STAR SPORTS***2001~PORT ORLEANS RESORT(DIXIE LANDINGS)***2002~ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE***2004~GRAND FLORIDIAN***2006~POLYNESIAN***
DeterminedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
KirstenB
Mom to "the nibbler"
Baby Donor

I saw the first half of each show (Dr Phil is on at the same time dd1 comes home from school, so I only get to watch the first half). The last I saw, Dr. Phil said he couldn't be 100% certain either way. He was very suspicious about the ***** tear (sorry if TMI). At first I thought the mom and grandmom had totally coached the little girl. Does anyone else know if there was a resolution of any kind? Did the dad lose all custody rights? Was he arrested? Was he cleared?

Something that really bothered me about that show: Dr Phil harassed the new wife of the dad. She's 7 mths pregnant and Dr Phil was basically asking her if she was aware of any abuse, and if she felt her home was a safe environment for the 3 yr old?

OMG, this poor woman has married someone who may be a child molester, she's 7 months pregnant, she's hearing all this on national tv, she's probably got a million thoughts on her mind, most of which involve her unborn baby! All the people in this episode have had their lives changed forever.
KirstenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

I missed the 2nd 1/2 too. Hadn't the dad been accused before, by someone else?

I turned it off because it is when DS comes home from school and I don't want him watching it.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
SillyMe
I love trying to figure out mysteries!
Smells Provocative
Prison would scare the jeebies out of me
Underwire's are my friend

I saw two of the episodes, but missed the third. What did Dr. Phil do? Did he turn him in? I saw the episode with the lie detector results.
SillyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
buzzlady
Loves to play tag!
Mmmmm- Froot Loops!

I saw the shows. The father failed the lie detector test. After the last show, they showed a clip of Dr. Phil saying that the father took another lie detector test and did pass that one.

1972 Poly, 1974 DL, 1982 CR, 1991 Off Site, 1998 POFQ, 2003 WL
buzzlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #10
sydally9367
Go Red Sox!!!!!
Oh They Are Getting Evil!! Evil I Tell You!!!!!
My hiney is sore from sitting here so long
I HAVE A FAMOUS HINEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlady
I saw both shows. The father failed the lie detector test. After the 2nd show, they showed a clip of Dr. Phil saying that the father took another lie detector test and did pass that one.
That's correct. The "Dad" failed the test that he took on the show and passed whatever test he took next. Dr.Phil did say that he was going to have to call Children's Services and have both families go under home studies and he would get to the bottom of it.

I watched all 3 episodes and they were very, very hard to watch. Hopefully some resolution for this little girl can come out of this.
sydally9367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #11
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

I have to say it.

This show offended me!

There, got that out. Now if you want to know why, pull up a seat, and know these are just *my* opinions, you're entitled to yours...

first - the whole national "blast" for ratings attempt (like posted above 7 mos pregnant and discovering the "truth" on nat'l tv!)

because it says to me, ratings are more important than the child. That bothers me.... a lot.

Since it was on the Dr Phil show (as opposed to lets say JERRY Springer) I truly thought it would show that the father was indeed "innocent" and that the mom and grandmother would be "harrassed" (or any other negative adjective) for "manipulating the child. Yes, to hear the child say "he touched my pee pee" Dr Phil pointed out that the child was rewarded by mom and grandma for saying this, by being cuddled, by attention , by drama...

However, in show #2 (and the dad etc went home, waited for a lie detector test) how much time has passed? and then the person who adminstered the lie detector test was there, they discussed his credentials, what people are finding on the internet to "fool" or "pass" lie detectors.. the father was doing all of these, including sweating a whole lot. Now on another show they said they couldnt allow cameras to film the testing as that sometimes skews the results...

I didnt realize there is a part 3 - this is a show that is shown on "Mondays" so I'll bet part 3 is on Monday...

In the meantime, I have been manipulated first one way (mother is falsely accusing dad) than another (dad fails lie detector) and I have to "stay tuned for next week. In the meantime I am reminded what is like to be 4 years old and be molested by a family member, and have no one believe you. To even be slapped by a grandmother for saying "vicsious lies".

There is something wrong with Dr. Phil to do this show in this way, again...

in my opinion...

<stepping off podium now, please return to normal conversations>
Old 11-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
SillyMe
I love trying to figure out mysteries!
Smells Provocative
Prison would scare the jeebies out of me
Underwire's are my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore45
I have to say it.

This show offended me!

There, got that out. Now if you want to know why, pull up a seat, and know these are just *my* opinions, you're entitled to yours...

first - the whole national "blast" for ratings attempt (like posted above 7 mos pregnant and discovering the "truth" on nat'l tv!)

because it says to me, ratings are more important than the child. That bothers me.... a lot.

Since it was on the Dr Phil show (as opposed to lets say JERRY Springer) I truly thought it would show that the father was indeed "innocent" and that the mom and grandmother would be "harrassed" (or any other negative adjective) for "manipulating the child. Yes, to hear the child say "he touched my pee pee" Dr Phil pointed out that the child was rewarded by mom and grandma for saying this, by being cuddled, by attention , by drama...

However, in show #2 (and the dad etc went home, waited for a lie detector test) how much time has passed? and then the person who adminstered the lie detector test was there, they discussed his credentials, what people are finding on the internet to "fool" or "pass" lie detectors.. the father was doing all of these, including sweating a whole lot. Now on another show they said they couldnt allow cameras to film the testing as that sometimes skews the results...

I didnt realize there is a part 3 - this is a show that is shown on "Mondays" so I'll bet part 3 is on Monday...

In the meantime, I have been manipulated first one way (mother is falsely accusing dad) than another (dad fails lie detector) and I have to "stay tuned for next week. In the meantime I am reminded what is like to be 4 years old and be molested by a family member, and have no one believe you. To even be slapped by a grandmother for saying "vicsious lies".

There is something wrong with Dr. Phil to do this show in this way, again...

in my opinion...

<stepping off podium now, please return to normal conversations>
I am so sorry you had to go through something so horrendous, and I agree with you. I was shocked that they showed that little girl say what he did on national tv. He exploited her by doing that. It broke my heart and no matter what happened with that second test, I will continue to believe the dad really did it. The emotion that little girl expressed when the step-mom picked her up, I find it very hard to believe that the mom and grandmother coached her to say that.
SillyMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: