Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #76
Enchanted08
Earning My Ears

Can anyone give me more of a specific answer on how much an actual wedding will cost at Disney. It looks like we will have about 83 guests. I requested info on prices but I would just like to know a round about number of what anyone has actually spent. I believe it's $85/ person for events starting before 2pm and jumps up to $110/person for events starting after 2pm. Thank you
Enchanted08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #77
Enchanted08
Earning My Ears

On the first page of this thread, someone posted pictures of their wedding, in one photo it shows an aisle runner and it reads "And they lived Happliy Ever After". I would love to know where you got your aisle runner from? I love it!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #78
cryssi
Kabocha
Looking for the scripty one
I want to experiment with fondant flowers
Long live the white walls!!
I need the extra oomph

welcome! That was my aisle runner, and FTW handled all the ordering and stuff, so you can ask them!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #79
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted08 View Post
Can anyone give me more of a specific answer on how much an actual wedding will cost at Disney. It looks like we will have about 83 guests. I requested info on prices but I would just like to know a round about number of what anyone has actually spent. I believe it's $85/ person for events starting before 2pm and jumps up to $110/person for events starting after 2pm. Thank you
It all depends on what you want for your wedding. You have basic minimums you have to hit: 10,000 for weekday weddings, 12000 friday-sunday weddings. All food and beverage MUST come from Disney but that's it. More than likely you won't have much trouble meeting that with your food and ceremony location fee. I am planning on using an outside photographer, dj, and possibly florist. For in park there is a higher minimum for Disneyland at 100,000. They do not quote minimums for DCA & you inquire to that on your own. They say the average cost for a Wedding ins 26,000 right now. You can definatly do less than that at Disney.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #80
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakelyest89 View Post
Indy Bride-

When you booked your wedding was there very many dates available for the month of May in 2009? Thank you!
I moved my wedding up to April 23 but my May date was available as well. The person I spoke to said Saturday's fill up very quickly but mid-week weddings are more rare. I would suggest you talk to someone as soon as you have a definite idea on your date. They are not as strict as WDW about booking Weddings at a certain month mark. Mine is over a year a way and I should be getting my contract this week. I think at the time she still had weekends available for May 2009. Hope that helps somehow!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #81
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

I recently heard that DL starts booking dates at 18 months out. I thought it was a year, but supposedly this a recent change and are now booking further advance. I have to say I dont mind. With my wedding being 2 1/2 years away id like to start planning a soon as I can.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #82
Enchanted08
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssi View Post
welcome! That was my aisle runner, and FTW handled all the ordering and stuff, so you can ask them!
Thank you so much!!!! It was a beautiful runner.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #83
Enchanted08
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBride View Post
It all depends on what you want for your wedding. You have basic minimums you have to hit: 10,000 for weekday weddings, 12000 friday-sunday weddings. All food and beverage MUST come from Disney but that's it. More than likely you won't have much trouble meeting that with your food and ceremony location fee. I am planning on using an outside photographer, dj, and possibly florist. For in park there is a higher minimum for Disneyland at 100,000. They do not quote minimums for DCA & you inquire to that on your own. They say the average cost for a Wedding ins 26,000 right now. You can definatly do less than that at Disney.
Thank you very much for the info. LOL...I was adding everything up yesterday and we easily exceeded the minimum.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #84
Mama of Indybride
Farmboy, fetch me that pitcher.....

That is definitely easy to do with a DLR wedding!

Enjoy!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #85
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I recently heard that DL starts booking dates at 18 months out. I thought it was a year, but supposedly this a recent change and are now booking further advance. I have to say I dont mind. With my wedding being 2 1/2 years away id like to start planning a soon as I can.
This is a possibility. I know that many brides have been able to tenatively book their dates at 18months. However, due to DVC construction, being able to book at 18 mo wold make sense.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #86
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Oh, hi everyone!

I just had to pop in and re-live wedding planning at the DLR. Things have changed and some things have stayed the same!

Best of luck to everyone! Please post pictures when you can!

If I can say, I had my wedding on a Monday at 2pm. We were able to get the before 2 pm pricing because we were the only wedding for the day. (but that was 8 years ago). My guests loved having reasons for not going to work on a Monday, so it worked out.
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #87
Mama of Indybride
Farmboy, fetch me that pitcher.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted08 View Post
On the first page of this thread, someone posted pictures of their wedding, in one photo it shows an aisle runner and it reads "And they lived Happliy Ever After". I would love to know where you got your aisle runner from? I love it!!!!
I also found one at http://www.signatureweddingaislerunn...m/phrases.html

I am not sure if that is where Disney Floral went, and it looks a little different, but it is less than $ 250.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #88
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Room Blocks

Since the guests of Disneyland Brides have less hotels to choose from within Disneyland did any of you block rooms at offsite hotels? I am sending my save the dates out this week and would like to have room blocks set up shortly after. And did most of your guests stay on site or did they stay off property? Thanks for any help you can all offer me!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #89
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Val,
Almost all of my guests stayed offsite. We provided them with a list of the nearby hotels and indicated the ones that we recommended the most. Many of our guests stayed at the Dessert Inn and Suites because they accommodate more people in their rooms and were much cheaper than Disney's hotels. This worked well for my moms family as they were able to get some of their rooms near each other. They just called and asked for their rooms to be grouped together.

Others stayed at HoJo and requested their rooms to be near eachother. As with any request no guarantees about room location, but all requests were accommodatd for most.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #90
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
Val,
Almost all of my guests stayed offsite. We provided them with a list of the nearby hotels and indicated the ones that we recommended the most. Many of our guests stayed at the Dessert Inn and Suites because they accommodate more people in their rooms and were much cheaper than Disney's hotels. This worked well for my moms family as they were able to get some of their rooms near each other. They just called and asked for their rooms to be grouped together.

Others stayed at HoJo and requested their rooms to be near eachother. As with any request no guarantees about room location, but all requests were accommodatd for most.
Thank you for responding so quickly! I usually stay on site so the thought really didn't occur to me until someone mentioned it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: