Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #46
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Quick question for the DL wedding experts:
Is it possible to do a vow renewal ceremony here, or is this only limited to weddings?

TIA!

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #47
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

You can do VR too, but the costs will more than likely be he same as a regular wedding as the fees for locations and food would be the same.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #48
dare_bear
Earning My Ears

I have a question for anyone that can answer it:
I know that the Fairy Tale Wedding site says you should have at least a year, but how far ahead of your date did you start planning and actually put a down payment?

If anyone has any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated!
dare_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #49
RangerPooh

We started planning for our DLR wedding in October of 2002, had our down payment in 2 weeks later. So mid Oct of 2002 for a June of 03 wedding. The planning was completed by December. The main thing was just locking in our locations. As we were planning from a distance we wantd everything nailed down far inadvance and FTW complied.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #50
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

We went to get information at the end of July, this year and to see what dates they had available for September 2008. The only date they had on Saturday not in the early afternoon was the date we got - August 30th, 2008 (Labor Day weekend).

It was a earlier than what I wanted, but because the garden at the Grand Californian is not going to be available for ceremonies until after the new tower is complete, the only place to hold the ceremony is at the Rose Garden at the DL hotel, so it has drastically cut down the availability for the ceremonies.

Our ceremony and reception our split up too because they didn't have the room available to accomodate our size at DL hotel, so our reception is at the Californian - which is just fine with me, I actually wanted the ceremony to be held their too - but the rose garden is just as beautiful.

I believe they will hold the date for you for 2 weeks before you have to put money down. Hope that helps!
Disneyluvr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #51
dare_bear
Earning My Ears

Thanks for letting me know! I've been dreaming of a Disneyland wedding for a while. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting engaged really soon. But we probably wouldn't be able to get married until closer to 2010. So we would be engaged for close to two years.

But all would be worth it if I get the chance to get married at Disneyland. I've been interested in the Rose Court Garden but lately I have been thinking about somewhere at the Grand Califorian. But who knows, I've got time!
dare_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #52
Elvenfire
Earning My Ears

Would it be possible for someone to show me some of their Disney wedding pictures by the boutwells? Doug and Chenin seem great, but the price is enough to make my heart pound like CRAZY....I just want to know if its worth it before I sell my soul to make this work.

Thanks ladies...You are wonderful
-Elvenfire

elvenwedding at yahoodotcom
Elvenfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #53
BrideToBe82
Mouseketeer

Fantasmic! Dessert Party Info

Fantasmic! Premium Seating With Dessert

The wonderful Disneyland show Fantasmic! is included in your theme park admission and is shown every night in the summer, and on weekends during parts of the winter. In low season it may not be offered. You can stand with the crowds and watch it for no extra cost. But if you want to watch Fantasmic! with the best possible view and comfortable seating (and enjoy yummy desserts at the same time), you may want to consider booking Fantasmic! Premium Seating.

Fantasmic! Premium Seating includes a reserved seat in a private area near the Haunted Mansion. There are about 60 seats in the Premium Seating area. You will also enjoy a fabulous dessert and drinks such as coffee, soda, iced tea and hot chocolate. If you book Premium Seating for the first performance of Fantasmic! offered that evening, you will also be allowed to keep your seat for the fireworks.

This is strictly a luxury experience and very costly. Reserved seating for Fantasmic! is $59 per adult, $49 per child.

To get reserved seating for Fantasmic! you MUST call one month before the day you plan to attend. (It usually sells out within minutes.) Be on the phone to (714) 781-4400 at 8:00 am (PST). They will give you a confirmation number. On the day of your reservation, you will need to bring that confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and photo ID.

On the day of your reservation, pick up your tickets at Guest Relations outside the Disneyland entrance. Show up at least 30 minutes in advance (45 is better) at the special seating area. They will call you about 20 minutes before the show and show you to your seats. Usually you will be seated based in the order of the tickets purchased, but this is not guaranteed.

We planned a dessert party for our guests right after our rehearsal and everyone had a great time! My mom called exactly one month before right when the ticket office opened and we were lucky to get tickets for all of our guests. Unlike WDW, Disneyland's dessert party is not a private party but a section blocked off with first come first serve seating for those that purchased a ticket. A couple of our family members arrived an hour early to reserve seats for the entire bridal party so that we were able to all sit together. We had the perfect view of Fantasmic! and we were able to stay and watch the firework show right after. We were given all you can drink soda, coffee and hot chocolate.

Here is a picture of the dessert platter that each guest got:

Wedding Planning Journal
BrideToBe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #54
valb@cox.net
Earning My Ears

Smile Disneyland Wedding May-09

I am going to Disneyland for my first planning session in 10 days. On a lot of the WDW threads, they talk about receiving an AP as part of the package. Does anybody know if there is an AP as part of a FTW for DL?

I am so excited I can't wait for my trip!!!
valb@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #55
BrideToBe82
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately Disneyland FTW doesn't offer AP's to their brides. We asked at our planning session but maybe they have changed things since. Have fun at your planning session!!

Wedding Planning Journal
BrideToBe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #56
valb@cox.net
Earning My Ears

Thank you very much! Appreciate it...

I'll let everybody know if anything has changed!
valb@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 AM   #57
Corpsebride
DIS Veteran

Wink is this the board for Disney California brides now?

Hi all~
Is this the Disneyland California Fairytale Weddings brides page now? I stopped looking at the wedding board on here because everything was for WDW. But it would be great if this was for California Brides.
Anyways, Df and I were going to get married at Disneyland in the Rose Court Garden on Oct. 31, 2008. BUT, we got into a head on collision a few weeks ago and it wiped out our wedding $$ , soooooo we are rescheduling for Oct, 31, 2009. We are fine and will be fine by then but I was a little sad and am still a little sad.
But, that will give me time to get absolutely EVERYTHING done. and lose that 25lbs.lol
Anyhoo, I hope this is our board, that would be super!
Disneyland Hotel

(Our Disney's Fairytale Wedding Planner, Traci Banister, She is the BEST!!714~956-6726)
Our 4 Year Anniversary is right around the corner!
Corpsebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #58
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

This board has information specifically for DL but you can a lot of great ideas on all the other posts. Unfortunatly it is kinda hard to hear about specific vendors and what not unless you find a DL bride.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #59
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Hi! I think we have just decided that we will have our wedding at disneyland. It is just much closer than wdw. So I was wondering if anyone knows any good resources for disneyland information. theres not much on these boards and their website doesn't have much. We won't be getting married until after I graduate college which will be in about 2 1/2 years, but I would like some info now to plan by.

Also I think wee will be going to dl soon and I was wondering if it is possible to show up or have an appointment where they give you basic information and maybe show you some of the areas. I was wondering so we could make sure this is what we want since so much money will be put into it.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #60
RangerPooh

Hi! I sent you a PM.

I recommend making an apointment. They might not be too interested in talking to you this far out, but you could at least inquire about receiving some general planning information such as minimum expednitures and sites available for use.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: