Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #166
turtle51
Disney Fanatic

My fiance has recently canceled our wedding. We already have 3000 paid to APEX Decor in Garden grove. Believe me I wish much more that I was using this but I do not think marriage is in my cards for a while now.

If anyone is interested I would sell you my contract for half the price of what I paid. So 1500 for the florist for 3000 worth of flowers and decor. Please email me for more information if you are interested.

Estelle Vest

turtle51_45@hotmail.com
Disney Magic Repo Cruise Aug 20 2005
WDW Pop Century Sept 3-6 2005

turtle51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #167
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanatic28 View Post
Wow thanks so much! This is the first time I've gotten some detailed feedback about Disneyland wedding questions. Thank you so much! I'll definitely start looking at outside vendors and the bringing in your own wine is such a good idea! I'm already gonna look at the florist you used. And thanks for the opinion on the Garden room and the ballooms.

Btw I saw your wedding spotlight on Carly's disney wedding blog and the pics were so romantic! The wedding was beautiful! Congrats!
Thanks much! If there's anything else you need advice with, feel free to ask!

By the way when I say we hired outside vendors, I mean everything. We hired a woman to come in and do chair covers at $4 a piece, we hired the band ourselves, and the florist, and I think that covers it. We took them the wine the day before, which is fine because we had to be there for the rehearsal anyway.

Bobbe is a great way to go. He's definitely not the cheapest florist you could find, but when you look at what you get for the money, he's a bargain (especially when compared to Disney). The thing I loved about him was his style and the way he used so many different textures in his work.

I think you should definitely call and look around, talk pricing. When it comes to money we paid Disney I think we were right near the minimum. Our planner was Kelly and she was so helpful, and I never felt like she was annoyed with us for wanting to give the company less of our money.
kingLouiethe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #168
DisneyFanatic28
"It all started with a mouse"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingLouiethe1 View Post
Thanks much! If there's anything else you need advice with, feel free to ask!

By the way when I say we hired outside vendors, I mean everything. We hired a woman to come in and do chair covers at $4 a piece, we hired the band ourselves, and the florist, and I think that covers it. We took them the wine the day before, which is fine because we had to be there for the rehearsal anyway.

Bobbe is a great way to go. He's definitely not the cheapest florist you could find, but when you look at what you get for the money, he's a bargain (especially when compared to Disney). The thing I loved about him was his style and the way he used so many different textures in his work.

I think you should definitely call and look around, talk pricing. When it comes to money we paid Disney I think we were right near the minimum. Our planner was Kelly and she was so helpful, and I never felt like she was annoyed with us for wanting to give the company less of our money.
Thanks again! I really appreciate your help! Thanks for the recommendation about Kelly. Its so hard to get recommendations on planners and vendors cuz our little Disneyland community is so small! Lol!

I was also wondering what kind of menus Disney offers? What food did you sample? How did it work? What would you recommend? Sorry for being so nosy! I'm just so curious! I wish I could start planning now but the wedding might postponed till 2012 and we were shooting for 2011! So I'm a little disappointed. I just wanna get started already! The only thing that keeps me going is just hoping that it will still happen in 2011 so I keep planning. I know its not much longer to have it in 2012 but I've already been waiting for 4 years! Anyways I'm ranting, thanks again!

DisneyFanatic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #169
DisneyFanatic28

Question Questions about Animation Building

Back again! Lol! Now I need some info about the Animation Building in California Adventure! I saw some pics and I fell in LOVE! Now thats my number one choice for the reception location! So now I need some info about pricing! I love this location but I know everything is so much more for the in-park location like food and disney floral, disney photography, but I also figured I wouldnt need any decor except for the centerpieces since the place is already beautiful with all the amazing disney scenes so it might be save a bit of money since im planning on having a huge decor budget. Anyways it still might be too much so I need some updated pricing info and I would really appreciate any help before I get too attached! PLEASE HELP! I would also appreciate more pics! Thanks again!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #170
stgervais
Earning My Ears

10-31-2013

I know im nearly three years ahead, but my fiance and I would LOVE to get married at the disnyland hotel ON HALLOWEEN!!! I'm counting down till we are 18 months away and we can schedule our first planning session.
stgervais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #171
mandy2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDancer View Post
Below is what I got from the coordinator - Sue Romano Disney Land Fairytale Weddings. I've sent her an email back requesting more information on this so I'll let you all know

<ESCAPE Wedding Collection.pdf>> <<Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Brochure-2010.pdf>>

Congratulations on your upcoming celebration and thank you for your interest in our Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It’s my pleasure to help you plan this magical celebration for you and your guests.

Attached is our detailed Wishes Collection and Escape Collection that will give you an idea of what we offer and our pricing options. Generally, we book a year from the date of the event and in some cases, we may get approval to book further out.

Let me know what additional information I may provide to help, take care and talk to you soon.

All the best,

Sue Romano

Sr. Sales & Service Manager

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Quinceanera's

Escape Wedding Collection
􀂙
Ceremony at Dreams Gazebo, Pier Side Pavilion, Parkview Terrace, Brisa Courtyard or Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa’s Wedding Garden.
􀂙
Offered on a Monday – Thursday (non‐holiday), starting at 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm or 2:30pm.
􀂙
Maximum of 26 Guests
􀂙
Officiate at the ceremony
􀂙
Bouquet for Bride
􀂙
Boutonniere for Groom
􀂙
CD player at ceremony; background music playing or you can assign someone in your group to skip to the songs you want played
􀂙
Menu includes 3 course plated luncheon or dinner selection, house champagne/cider toast and two‐tier wedding cake
􀂙
Background music in reception room
􀂙
Hosted self‐parking for all Guests
􀂙
$5,000.00 inclusive
All prices and guidelines are subject to change without notice.

Is disneyland still doing the escape weddings?? It isn't on the disney weddings website...
mandy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #172
MouseFiend
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy2012 View Post
Is disneyland still doing the escape weddings?? It isn't on the disney weddings website...
Yes, I believe they are. I called about six weeks ago to inquire and was sent the same information. Unfortunately, I'll have to shave a few people off the guest list to go this route; we asked if there was a flat fee we could pay to add 3 more guests and were told this isn't possible, that we'd have to move up to a Wishes wedding. The guest limit is 24 plus the bride and groom for a total of 26 and anyone 3 and over is included in the guest count. An extra $5k for three more guests....it just doesn't make sense for us. But, I get that the have to draw the line somewhere.

Below are the pictures they sent me of the ceremony and reception sites that are offered with the Escape package:

Dreams Lawn

Parkside Terrace

Wisteria Ballroom

Dreams G Ballroom

June 1985: First trip!!
July 2001: DL/DCA Offsite July 2002: DL/DCA Offsite
July 2003: DL/DCA Offsite May 2004: DL/DCA Offsite
June 2005: DL/DCA Offsite June 2006: DL/DCA Offsite
December 2006: DL/DCA Offsite April 2007: DL/DCA Offsite
September 2008: WDW AsSp w/ Free Dining
June 2009: Universal/IOA Royal Pacific
February 2010: DLR Offsite
May 2011: Disneyland I Do's at GCH
May 2012: First Anniversary trip
January 2012: DD's 1st Birthday and 1st Visit trip
MouseFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #173
katel
Earning My Ears

Question Passporter Weddings e-book for Disneyland

Anyone have any insight on whether the Passporter Weddings e-book is useful for starting to plan a Disneyland wedding? It says it's for WDW and the Cruise Line, but I'm wondering if some of it translates. We haven't made a decision to do a DL wedding yet, but I want to make sure that I'm thinking of everything!
katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:56 AM   #174
DisneyFanatic28

Thumbs up Not For Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by katel View Post
Anyone have any insight on whether the Passporter Weddings e-book is useful for starting to plan a Disneyland wedding? It says it's for WDW and the Cruise Line, but I'm wondering if some of it translates. We haven't made a decision to do a DL wedding yet, but I want to make sure that I'm thinking of everything!
I emailed them and asked if it would be worth it and they said no especially since Disneyland weddings operate on a smaller scale than WDW weddings and rely heavily onoutside vendors. If you're looking for more info about Disneyland weddings I recommend joining the Disney brides! Its a great forum and it has much more details about Disneyland weddings and WDW weddings! I love it!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #175
delaford321
Earning My Ears

Gazebo

MouseFiend - what a beautiful gazebo! Is that where the wedding was held? or just part of the decor?
delaford321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #176
katel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I emailed them and asked if it would be worth it and they said no especially since Disneyland weddings operate on a smaller scale than WDW weddings and rely heavily onoutside vendors. If you're looking for more info about Disneyland weddings I recommend joining the Disney brides! Its a great forum and it has much more details about Disneyland weddings and WDW weddings! I love it!
Thank you! Do you mean the Disney brides at disneybrides DOT com ? I'll check it out!

Edited to Add - and if you do mean disneybrides DOT com, do you mind if I mention you as my referral source? It looks like you need someone to vouch for you. I promise to play nice! (I registered as katel over there, too).

Last edited by katel; 08-20-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: addendum
Old 08-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #177
MouseFiend
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=delaford321;37897813]MouseFiend - what a beautiful gazebo! Is that where the wedding was held? or just part of the decor?[/QUOTE

I believe you can have the ceremony there. One of the wedding coordinators sent me these pictures as I was researching the possibility of a DL wedding. We still haven't decided; we are a few guests over the maximum allowed for an Escape ceremony, but we've had a few guests volunteer to skip the ceremony and just come to the parks with us afterwards, so we would just have immediate family. I may get my DL wedding afterall

June 1985: First trip!!
July 2001: DL/DCA Offsite July 2002: DL/DCA Offsite
July 2003: DL/DCA Offsite May 2004: DL/DCA Offsite
June 2005: DL/DCA Offsite June 2006: DL/DCA Offsite
December 2006: DL/DCA Offsite April 2007: DL/DCA Offsite
September 2008: WDW AsSp w/ Free Dining
June 2009: Universal/IOA Royal Pacific
February 2010: DLR Offsite
May 2011: Disneyland I Do's at GCH
May 2012: First Anniversary trip
January 2012: DD's 1st Birthday and 1st Visit trip
MouseFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #178
DisneyFanatic28

Disney Brides forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by katel View Post
Thank you! Do you mean the Disney brides at disneybrides DOT com ? I'll check it out!

Edited to Add - and if you do mean disneybrides DOT com, do you mind if I mention you as my referral source? It looks like you need someone to vouch for you. I promise to play nice! (I registered as katel over there, too).
Yes its disneybrides.com. Of course you can use me! Im not sure if you got my pm cuz I sent you with all that info! Lol! Anyways cant wait to see you over there!

I just checked and it looks like it was never sent! O brother! Lol!

Alright well its still showing as it was never sent.

Last edited by DisneyFanatic28; 11-01-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #179
katel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes its disneybrides.com. Of course you can use me! Im not sure if you got my pm cuz I sent you with all that info! Lol! Anyways cant wait to see you over there!

I just checked and it looks like it was never sent! O brother! Lol!

Alright well its still showing as it was never sent. Hmmm. Anyways Im mlmontes over there.
Since I'm new 'round here, I think maybe I don't have enough posts to receive PMs. I'll have to work on that. But thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #180
AvenueBee
Learning the Ropes

Thanks!

Just wanted to thank everybody for posting so much good information. I'm just getting started planning and there's lots of good stuff on this board!
AvenueBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: