Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #136
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eri401 View Post
Yay for this forum! We decided TODAY to have our wedding reception in the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion at DL. Thanks to all of your advice, we have decided to use outside vendors for our favors, flowers, and music. HOWEVER...

Does anyone know how much Disney charges for those light-filled curtains that decorate the room? I've seen them in most pictures but am not sure how much they will charge for that option. This is one decoration piece that I just cannot do as a DIY project.

A second question is, how much is the "additional" fee for a holiday wedding? Valentines Day falls on a weekend next year and we're considering it.
I know I'm a bit late, but my DF and I just got the lighting priced and it's $2k for the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion. Needless to say, we had to ditch that...

Hope this helps, and good luck with your planning!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #137
*Nessa*
Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can change your life

Engagement Shoot

Hi

DF and I are actually getting married on the DCL in Nov this year.
We are breaking the trip with a few days in Disneyland before we fly to WDW and we wanted to have an engagement shoot.

Can anyone recommend a photographer ? if you have contact details that would be fantastic.

Don’t mind if it’s Disney or outside (if you can have outside) I just have no idea who to ask and don’t want to leave it to chance that we can organise something when we when we arrive.

thanks so much

2002 Disneyland Hotel - 2004 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 - DL Grand California
2009 DL Paradise Pier - 2009 WDW OKW / POLY / WL - 2009 DFTW Western & Eastern Caribbean
2014 DCL Alaska & California Coast/DL 2015 DL/WDW/DCL Fantasy
MY PLANNING BLOG OUR WEDDING WEBSITE www.mattandnessa.com

*Nessa* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #138
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

DL does not have designated portrait photographers like WDW does. They only have the Photopass ones. When looking for a photographer look for ones who ahev shot DL weddings. Plus take into consideration if they ahve an AP or if you will be buying their pass(es) that day. Off the top of my head I think* some brides have used Jen O'Sulivan, Joe Lumina, and the Boutwells.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #139
BelleBride2011
Mouseketeer

What a great idea! I actually just took our own engagement pics in Disneyland this past Feb... we're lucky in that our photographer also happens to be my future sister-in-law! I highly recommend her! I adore my pictures and she is so much fun to work with... here's her new site! www.amyhinden.com... pm me if u want to see some pics!
"That's why I love Walt Disney. It costs $100,000 to build a spire you didn't need. The secret of Disney is doing things you don't need and doing them well and then you realize you needed them all along." - Ray Bradbury
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained." -Walt Disney
"Why be a governor or senator when you can be king of Disneyland?" —Walt Disney
BelleBride2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #140
Grumpy~N~Dopey
Mouseketeer

Disneyland park locations?

Does anyone know if they allow ceremonies in parts of the park that are not listed in the planning guide? we are hoping for, and please don't judge, at the Haunted Mansion. it just is a sentimental place for us. does anyone know if that location is allowed?

Grumpy~N~Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #141
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

hi! My fiance and I have been bouncing the idea of a DL wedding for a while. We've decided to definitely have our wedding at DL. Now we just have to contact them. I've gotten the generic email that theyve sent out when you request info, and now i'm ready to go meet with them. Were going to DL in Sept. for the half marathon and I thought it would work well if we were able to meet with them then. Did you all go visit the site and meet with them personally when you decided? What did you go over? Our date will be about 18 months out at that point and I really want to make sure we get the date we wanted since i hear that it can be pretty competitive for dates. I just wanted to hear what others went through so i can be more prepared.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #142
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy~N~Dopey View Post
Does anyone know if they allow ceremonies in parts of the park that are not listed in the planning guide? we are hoping for, and please don't judge, at the Haunted Mansion. it just is a sentimental place for us. does anyone know if that location is allowed?
I don't think you'll run into much judgment around here for wanting to be married at the Haunted Mansion around here. I would say your best bet is to call and ask, but I think as far as I have heard it's not very likely. I think when I asked the question about locations to my planner and I mentioned the theme parks she specifically said the castle area was it, and I think the minimum to have any event in a park there was $100,00. I wouldn't take my word as the final say on any of it though, when in doubt, I say ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
hi! My fiance and I have been bouncing the idea of a DL wedding for a while. We've decided to definitely have our wedding at DL. Now we just have to contact them. I've gotten the generic email that theyve sent out when you request info, and now i'm ready to go meet with them. Were going to DL in Sept. for the half marathon and I thought it would work well if we were able to meet with them then. Did you all go visit the site and meet with them personally when you decided? What did you go over? Our date will be about 18 months out at that point and I really want to make sure we get the date we wanted since i hear that it can be pretty competitive for dates. I just wanted to hear what others went through so i can be more prepared.
I would call them and make an appointment. We met with them at about 12 months out, but that was when we decided to have our wedding. I have read other people say they were able to schedule dates at Disneyland 18 months out, since right now they only have one ceremony location available at the hotels.
kingLouiethe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #143
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

We inquired about this back in 2002-2003 when we planned our wedding. The answer that they told us then was no. However as previously mentioned, the do ahve the in-park option in front of the castle. We did inquire becuase we knew that on occassion special dinners are held inside the mansion, but they told us a big no. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #144
UbIwerks
Earning My Ears

I noticed that there was a thread where people had kindly posted their budgets for reference. It seems, however, that those are all WDW budgets. Is there any such thread for Disneyland? Thanks!
UbIwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #145
CelticBelle

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I've officially gotten my date and booked it. Were at RCG and Pavillion March 12, 2011.

Now i just have to decide where to begin. Were a year and a half away so it's really far out, but I want to try and start planning now because i know my constant school will be in the way. Any suggestions? I already know that we want a beauty and the beast theme, or medieval/sleeping beauty feel. Thats about it.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #146
disneyfifs
Mouseketeer

Congratulations, Sam! The only advice I can think of is to do a lot of research. You have your theme picked out so search all you can on all the elements of your wedding in your theme. Bookmark all the web pages that you like. Don't be too quick to buy. I made this mistake and now have favors sitting in the closet because they didn't end up complimenting the look I eventually wanted. The planning packet that you get from Disney will be the guideline for the planning session. Don't mark "not interested" unless you're sure you don't want the element in question. In our planning session we needed to ask about different decor that we saw on planning journals on this board. It was not offered to us as a choice so the more you know what's available the better for you. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #147
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I've officially gotten my date and booked it. Were at RCG and Pavillion March 12, 2011.

Now i just have to decide where to begin. Were a year and a half away so it's really far out, but I want to try and start planning now because i know my constant school will be in the way. Any suggestions? I already know that we want a beauty and the beast theme, or medieval/sleeping beauty feel. Thats about it.
My advice would be to definitely look into outside vendors. You'll get more bang for your buck if you do, when I look at the amount of stuff we got from our florist and what Disneyland has given other weddings for near the same price I am so glad we went that way. We hired someone to do chair covers at $4.50 a pop as opposed to 8. We brought our own wine and champagne and just paid the corkage fees.

Our planner was also really god about working with our vendors, so overall I don't feel like it was that much more work to hire them and deal with them individually.

Disneyland doesn't have all the restrictions WDW has on outside vendors unless you are having your wedding in one of the parks, which most people aren't. DL doesn't even have all these services within their infrastructure, so for most things they hire outside vendors and act as middlemen. In doing my research for our wedding I met some of the vendors that work for DL, and some of them could specifically not be hired to do a DL wedding because of that, but you could hire them for a wedding anywhere else.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #148
CelticBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingLouiethe1 View Post
My advice would be to definitely look into outside vendors. You'll get more bang for your buck if you do, when I look at the amount of stuff we got from our florist and what Disneyland has given other weddings for near the same price I am so glad we went that way. We hired someone to do chair covers at $4.50 a pop as opposed to 8. We brought our own wine and champagne and just paid the corkage fees.

Our planner was also really god about working with our vendors, so overall I don't feel like it was that much more work to hire them and deal with them individually.

Disneyland doesn't have all the restrictions WDW has on outside vendors unless you are having your wedding in one of the parks, which most people aren't. DL doesn't even have all these services within their infrastructure, so for most things they hire outside vendors and act as middlemen. In doing my research for our wedding I met some of the vendors that work for DL, and some of them could specifically not be hired to do a DL wedding because of that, but you could hire them for a wedding anywhere else.
Thanks for the advice! This seems to be the trend that ive been hearing. I'm glad you told me about the florist because i was still not sure weather I should go through disney for that or not. It looks like it will be a no. I've been engaged for 2 1/2 years already so I have done a lot of research. Now that we've picked a date, I actually get to start putting all my knowledge to use.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #149
redboxcar
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

First time on the Weddings/Honeymoon board, so I was wondering if it's really true that it costs $100,000 to have your wedding in front of the castle in the park? Also, someone asked the question before, but I didn't see the answer: is there a place where Disneyland brides have posted their budgets for reference?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #150
kingLouiethe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
Hi everyone,

First time on the Weddings/Honeymoon board, so I was wondering if it's really true that it costs $100,000 to have your wedding in front of the castle in the park? Also, someone asked the question before, but I didn't see the answer: is there a place where Disneyland brides have posted their budgets for reference?

Thanks in advance!
That sounds like it might be about right. I got a lot of info from http://www.mouseweddings.comwhen we started planning. Their minimums might be a little out of date, but they set in park at $75k minimum.

You should join the Disneyland brides group on Yahoo groups, there is a section once you become a member where people upload their BEO's and other documents as well as lots of photos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: