Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
atricks
Mouseketeer

Blue Man Group Shows Start June 7th

Here is the official announcement:

09 November 2006
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT REVEALS THE NEW FACE OF ENTERTAINMENT

BLUE MAN GROUP OPENING IN JUNE 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. (Nov. 9, 2006) – Blue Man Group, the wildly successful live entertainment experience is coming to Universal Orlando Resort, opening June 2007.

The arrival of Blue Man Group – which will permanently occupy a newly created live performance venue accessible from both Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios – will add an entirely new dimension in live entertainment for Universal Orlando theme park guests and Florida residents.

The unique style of Blue Man entertainment has been experienced by more than 10 million people worldwide. They have entertained audiences of all ages with their live stage shows, their touring rock concert, television programming and albums.

And now, Blue Man Group will bring their live show to Universal Orlando Resort. The show will combine music, comedy and multimedia theatrics to create the blissful party atmosphere that is a Blue Man Group trademark.

“Universal Orlando constantly seeks out fresh, innovative entertainment experiences for its guests,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Universal Parks and Resorts. “Blue Man Group is a natural partner for us. Their presence at Universal Orlando will change the live entertainment landscape for all of Central Florida.”

“Universal Orlando goes above and beyond any theme park, creating cool, stimulating experiences for their guests. And people come to the park looking for a great time and knowing they are going to have their minds blown by top quality rides and entertainment-- it’s the perfect place for a Blue Man show,” said Blue Man Group Co-founder Chris Wink.

Blue Man Group will perform from a specially created theater at Universal Studios. The building once housed Nickelodeon Studios and is being re-designed as a 1,000-seat theater complete with its own box office. The Blue Man Group show is being custom-designed for Universal Orlando and will include elements of the group’s existing shows as well as newly created material.

Tickets for the new show go on sale immediately, with opening night set for June 7. Contact the Universal ticket line at 888-340-5476 or visit www.universalorlando.com for more information.

Blue Man Group applies its unique creative process to a wide variety of projects, including their wildly popular theatrical shows located in 7 cities worldwide, their touring rock concert “How To Be a Megastar 2.0,” and the recording of three albums; the Grammy nominated Audio, The Complex, which became the musical basis for The Complex Rock Tour, and Live At The Venetian ® ¬- Las Vegas, available exclusively on iTunes ©. Blue Man Group has also ventured into film and TV scoring (most recently the animated feature Robots), commercial campaigns (such as Intel), and television programs (like the recurring storyline in “Arrested Development”). As the company grows, it remains true to its vision of providing exciting experiences in a variety of media, which appeal to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds.

The Universal Orlando Resort destination (www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Universal Studios motion picture and television theme park and Islands of Adventure, Orlando's most thrilling and exhilarating theme park. Universal Orlando also includes CityWalk, a 30-acre dining, shopping, club and live-entertainment venue as well as premier on-site Loews hotels and world-class film and television production facilities.

Prices are (without universal ticket):

Adult
Afternoon: $45.00 - $55.00 + tax
Evening: $59.00 - $69.00 + tax

Child (Ages 3- 9)
Afternoon: $39.00 - $45.00 + tax
Evening: $49.00 - $59.00 + tax

There are other options too:

more at
http://www.universalorlando.com/bmg_overview.html
Old 11-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
ReallyFunMom
DIS Veteran

Interesting. Seems expensive, maybe they will have annual passholder discounts at some point.
ReallyFunMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
kenban
Mouseketeer

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe those prices make this the cheapest Blue Man group show. Cheaper then both the other permanent shows and the touring shows. What I wonder is whats going to happen during the off season. I would think it would be harder to fill the theater every night.
kenban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Blue Man Is a great show and that is a very reasonable price for tickets for it. I am happy to see them coming to US/IOA. It is a show worth seeing and an event all on it's own.

I just checked and BMG tickets are $59.00 all ages here... $49.00 for obstructed view... So at US/IOA they give a price break to the kids, AND offer a cheaper early show.

Good deal!
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

We were at the Uni parks this past weekend. They were filming BlueManGroup all over the place...out at the globe(The guys were on top with harnesses keeping them in place), inside on one of the streets with a ricksha(I think), etc.

agnes!

*this* spot still sacred to
Those no longer here - you are not forgotten...........
(also remembering all the pets who have owned me, including "James", "Sugar", "Gabriel" & "Nancy")
Thanks to Grumpy Pirate I sometimes do have a seasonal smilie. I also remember when American Idol was GOOD.
Do not read beauty magazines...they will only make you feel UGLY.
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
rangebob
Moved to Orlando to be closer to the parks, now can't go due to work
MIB Fantastic Four member
Has super duper hots for Robinrs
Don't touch my Skippy

I'm wondering if I'm one of the first one to purchase. I just got my tickets for the first show June 8 at 6 pm. I will be in the Poncho section right up front center. This should be a different experience.
rangebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
Bobb-O
never again at WDW- prefer Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Club Room

Quote:
Prices are (without universal ticket):
Adult
Afternoon: $45.00 - $55.00 + tax
Evening: $59.00 - $69.00 + tax
NYC prices: $74 evening floor

Las Vegas $121 evening show (orchestra or poncho) -

Chicago $59 - evening floor

So to answer question the Universal Orlando prices do not seem high and are same or less than elsewhere- possible exception of Chicago where it may be $10 less. I believe you do not need a park ticket to see BMG at USF - web site confirmed it - under FAQ - no park ticket needed.

Last edited by Bobb-O; 11-10-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Bobb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
bekkiz
DIS Veteran

This is fantastic. DH is a HUGE fan, and this may be the thing to convince him to take another trip next year or 2008!!
Old 11-11-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
Melisa1
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see them!
Melisa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #10
2angelsinheaven
Loves making dreams come true!

Is the poncho section what I think it is? =o)
Old 11-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
momof3disneyholics
Maternal Unit Extraordinaire
I want a bunny bird!!!

I really want to see this show!
momof3disneyholics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:32 AM   #12
AStamm
DIS Veteran

DH left this thread up for me to see...he's a big Blue Man fan. Looks like I know what we'll be doing one evening during our two-week vacation this summer.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #13
GOOFYFREEK
DIS Veteran

I've got 4 tickets to go see BMG next sunday in Jax, FL row 10. And they cost me $94 a peice. So I would say that is one heck of a deal. And I cant wait to travel to O-town and check out BMG on a regular basis.

P.S. 2 of those tickets are for sale if anyone needs some.
8. Will (mousefest ,cheerleaders, triathlon, marathon, cinderella being sick, goofy missing a shoe) affect the park levels.
7. Whos going 2 years from now
6. Why do they always do the renovations in the off-season
5. Why do FL residents always get discounts
4. Will it be busy(x-mas, thanksgiving, easter, spring break, presidents day, MOM's Day, Goofy's Day, Any other 3 day weekend I missed) LOL
3. Why hasnt Disney released a discount code for 2008 yet
2. Is it going to be (hot, raining, humid) in 3 weeks
1. I heard there is a Hurricane that is 5,000 miles away, will it effect Disney
GOOFYFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:48 AM   #14
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

I'm so glad I've been checking the boards. I just purchased tickets for our trip in June. DH wanted to see BMG in Vegas a few years ago, but we ended up doing Cirque instead. I don't think the price is high at all when compared to shows in Vegas and NYC, and even Cirque in DTD. I paid $117 for 2 seats, center row, 6 rows from the stage. A Broadway show is $125/seat for that area.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #15
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

I just bought tix for the July 3rd show... got first row (poncho section) center!!

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
drgnfly30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: