Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
Jersey Girl
Mouseketeer

First visit to Coronado

This is my first time posting on this site. I read so many of these posts when I was in the planning stages and before we went on our trip (Oct. 20 - 28) but never posted about going there. My husband wanted to stay at Coronado Springs because of the Mexican theme but I was nervous about it being a convention resort as well as worrying that the food court wouldn't have enough American food. The posts here as well as Buzz' site helped ease my worries but they were nothing compared to how I felt when I arrived. All I could say was WOW!!!!!

I fell in love with the place the moment we drove through the gate. We drove so we had no idea what time we would get there until we actually arrived. It was 12:15pm and registration only had three other people in line before us. We were told our room wasn't ready but by the time I was done checking in and went across to the next counter to get my tickets for the Luau, the room was ready! It was so convenient having the food court right there so we got to instantly try out the dining plan. My whole family loved the Pepper Market - we ate breakfast there each morning and I only thought we would only eat there once or twice at the most but everything was delicious and so fresh and the portions are huge!

I had requested Cabanas when I made my reservation and we were put in Cabana 8A. I would request that building again in a heartbeat. It was so close to bus stop 4 as well as being right next to the Dig Site. The pool is enormous! At night, we were lucky if we saw ten people total in it! And even in the middle of the afternoon, it's so big there's no way it seemed crowded.

There were short waits for the buses and they were never filled when we went to any park. The only time we found them crowded was coming back from the Magic Kingdom but we don't like to stand so we would let others get on before us and then wait less than ten minutes for another bus and have first choice of the seats. One morning we had a breakfast reservation at Ohanas for 8am so we figured the buses would be slow and got to the bus stop at 7am. Instantly a bus for Magic Kingdom came. There was only one man on it who got off at stop 1 because he was there for a convention. The driver then asked where we were headed and once we said Polynesian he said he would take us there directly since no one else was on the bus.

The Pepper Market was never crowded at breakfast, which I had read could happen, and I actually liked being waited on for drinks and using real silverware. It was nice upon arrival to have someone give us a menu of the stands and tell us how things worked. We thought the walk there each morning was beautiful and definitely much shorter than the ten minute walk we had to the food court when we stayed at Caribbean Beach two years ago!

Well I hope I didn't bore anyone. I was just so happy with the resort and this board had a lot to do with my choosing to stay there. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them. We did walk around the whole lake to see what the other areas looked like and I was in the store or Pepper Market each night.

Deb
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
buffalogirl
Ohh do I get to be first?
I'm still feeling optimistic

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear you had a great vacation and that you liked CSR so much. We'll be staying there later this month.

Do you have any pictures of CSR that you could post? (I've think I have the ones on Buzz's site memorized ).

Any other dining reviews?

How was Mousekeeping?

How long was the walk from 8A to Pepper Market? Edit-Oops,sorry you already answered that one.

Last edited by buffalogirl; 11-08-2006 at 11:04 PM.
buffalogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
Maggi May
DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed your stay. The Cabanas are a great location.
My DH and I really wanted to go back to CSR again, but are trying another one of the moderates (POR) this time just to try something different.
Maggi May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 AM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome to the DIS!!!

Welcome back!! Glad you enjoyed CSR!! We love it!!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
loralie
DIS Veteran

We are planning a trip to CSR for May and we also stayed at CBR 2 years ago. Comparing the 2 resorts (CSR vs. CBR), Can you give me a little pros and cons for each? I loved CBR so much that I am a little nervous about trying a new resort. One thing I am nervous about is that you can't purchase a preferred area to stay at. At least at CBR I was guaranteed a close area to the main pool/food court. With CSR I can only request what area I want and hope to get it. When you were at CBR did you book the preferred area?

So...How would you compare CSR to CBR?

TIA,

Loralie

Here is a link to my May 2009 Grand Floridian trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2186301

Can't wait to plan more trips to Disney! When you are here the rest of the world just goes away along with all the problems.
loralie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 AM   #6
Badllamamama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! Great review!!
Badllamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Awesome review, thanks for posting!!
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #8
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Thanks for the great reviews! We just got back and had a great time too!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
Jersey Girl
Mouseketeer

First visit to Coronado

Thanks for the responses!

Buffalo Girl, I do have pictures but I'm not much of a computer person and wouldn't know how to get them posted! It's funny but our pictures are of everything but the area we stayed in. One afternoon we walked from our cabana around the lake through Ranchos, Casitas and then stayed at bus stop 1 so we could make our reservation at Chef Mickey's. I walked through cabanas our last night there (what a sad night on a vacation!) but forgot to bring the camera.

Mousekeeping kept our room very neat and clean. I only had one complaint - the tissue box was empty and they never replaced it but that was all I found wrong. I was impressed when I called late one night to get a bedrail for my DS; the beds are too high and he moves around a lot. We had been at the late Luau so it was after 11pm when I called the front desk about the rail. They said they would let mousekeeping know. I expected to be told it would come when they did the room the next day but 15 minutes later there was a knock on the door and the lady was handing me the rail. So I got a good night sleep that night with no worries!

We ate at the Pepper Market every morning and had lunch and dinner there the day we arrived. I would have liked to eat dinner there again as I really liked the choices available as well as the quality of the food but it didn't fit into our busy schedule. The breakfast was always good as was anything I got from the bakery. I thought it was nice at lunch when my husband wanted a pizza and they said to come back in a few minutes because they had to make it.

Loralie, I also liked my stay at CBR and no complaints about it so I was nervous about staying somewhere else. I was a novice the last time we went and didn't know about requesting anything. We were in Jamaica, overlooking the parking lot but I still thought the room was nice. We were just across the parking lot from the bus stop there and I could see the stop from the window of our room; that was more important to me than being close to the food! Anyway, it was a long walk to the food court and when we were there the Jamaica quiet pool was closed for renovations so we had no choice but to make the long walk to the main pool. We only used the kiddie section but I thought it was much too small so it was always crowded. I loved CBR's food court and was so glad that I ended up liking the Pepper Market even better!

I found check in at CBR very confusing but very helpful at CSR. And it was nice having it near the food court, especially since I could go there and they could print out a rundown of what I had used on the dining plan. I really wanted to go back to CBR but after reading about the pool and buses at CSR, I'm so glad we gave it a try. There are a lot of bus stops at CBR, which I never complained about, and if the bus came in the back entrance, Jamaica was the first stop so that happened to us a lot. (We also went in October last time so I knew the crowds would be at a minimal to begin with) At CSR, we were the third stop and we did a lot of park hopping so were on almost empty buses in the afternoons so it didn't take long to get to our stop. As far as the pool at CSR, I couldn't believe when we went to go swimming our first night there and the pool was just on the other side of our cabana! We just had to go around our building and up the steps and there it was!

Hope some of this helps.
Deb
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
Buzz'sBetterHalf
DIS Veteran

Great report, thanks for sharing!!
Buzz'sBetterHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
buffalogirl
Ohh do I get to be first?
I'm still feeling optimistic

Jersey Girl- Thanks for the details. Your report was very helpful.
buffalogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #12
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Hey, Jersey Girl (from another ) - welcome to the DIS !!
Thanks for your CSR review - my DNeph (9) just begged me to stay here on our annual Star Wars Weekend trip next June - he fell in love with the pool/slide pictures and he is studying Mexico in school this year. It is one of the few resorts I haven't tried yet, and I'm really looking forward to our stay - especially when I read reviews like yours !
Old 11-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #13
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Hi! Welcome to the Dis! Thanks for posting about CSR. My family and I are planning to stay there next Sept. I am so excited, it looks and sounds beautiful and magical!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #14
Redbudlover
DIS Veteran

Hi, thanks for posting and answering questions. I will be staying there for the first time in a couple of weeks and am really excited. You mentioned the beds - are they comfortable? I like a good solid firm bed with good pillows instead of old flat ones??? Is the pool heated? It would be nice to swim if it is... Is there a hot tub or tubs on site? Was there enough storage? I was really happy to hear about Pepper Market. It sounds great!
Redbudlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #15
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

I am really interested in the Casitas section. Did it seem far from the main pool?
We like the location of the Cabanas but looking at Buzz's pictures, the Casitas look sooo neat.

Any advice or opinions on the those two section would be great!
Thanks.
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: