Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Smile Just back from 8 nights at CSR!

We just got back from 8 nights at CSR! We stayed here 5 years ago and loved it! We have stayed at other resorts since and have not been as happy as we were at CSR.
We took Magical Express to CSR and it was great! We checked in and I was really dissapointed at first. I had requested Cabanas 9B twice, and the CM told me there was no request listed! I had requested Cabanas 9B when I first made my reservation, when I got my confirmation it was wrong so I called CRO and made my request again. I understand there is no guarantee but, that it wasn't even listed! Anyway, We wound up in Cabanas 8B and it was perfect! After checking in we had lunch at the PM, and headed to our room, our luggage was already there!
We were right next to the bus stop and really close to the pool. Pepper Market was only a few minutes walk. It was as wonderful as I remembered! My kids loved the pool, they couldn't get enough of the slide! We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, there were always seats available except for one night at MK EMH. We never got towel animals, but saw pleanty of windows with them. We did come home one night to find Mickey with the remote in hand and the TV on! My kids loved that! We had a bunch of snack credits left yesterday and we used them at Panchito's and there were tons of things you could get! Had I known I would have used them earlier in the week! You could get boxes of donuts, muffins, cookies, lolipops, bags of chip, etc.! I wasn't sure I would like the Cabanas as much as the Casitas, but we loved it! Overall, we had a great time and CSR is our favorite resort! If anyone has any questions I will try and answer them!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
Daisie
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you went at a perfect time of year. Glad you had a nice trip.

Register to remove

Old 11-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice trip! I'm sure Buzz will be checking in too! I really think that CSR is a beautiful resort, all in all Disney did a great job with this moderate! The pool is amazing, and the southwest theming is really cheerful. My only criticism of CSR is the Pepper Market...and it's not really a criticism of the food...excellent quality and variety, it just was always so crazy busy when we were there.
It's good to hear reports of happy trips to WDW!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

I am really trying to decide what section to request. I originally thought cabanas for location, but I really like the look of the Casitas.
If we choose the Casitas, which building is the nicest, neatest, ect...
Maybe 4 or 5, so we would be close to bus stop 2 and the pool and laundry? but that seems to far from the food court which we plan to eat breakfast at most mornings.
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!! Glad you enjoyed the resort once again!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
Schucraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin
I am really trying to decide what section to request. I originally thought cabanas for location, but I really like the look of the Casitas.
Maybe 4 or 5, so we would be close to bus stop 2 and the pool and laundry? but that seems to far from the food court which we plan to eat breakfast at most mornings.
We loved the Casitas a few years ago when we were 1st stayed at CSR. I thought I would not like the Cabanas as much, boy was I wrong! The location is great! You have a beautiful view of the rest of the resort! At night all of the buildings reflect of the water it was so peaceful! But, in my opinion you can't go wrong either way! The whole resort is wonderful!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Thanks for the wonderful review !! I just booked CSR for June, Star Wars Wknd trip for DNeph (9). He wanted to try a new resort, so I turned him loose in the resorts pictures and he fell in love with CSR - he LOVES the look of the pool/slide and dig site - and they are studying Mexico in his class right now - sounds like we made a great choice - - can't wait !

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
zimaaaaah
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review! We leave for CSR in 3 days and from the good reviews that have been coming in on the boards lately, I can't wait to get there and check it out -
Just curious; did you fax your room request also? We have our request printed on the confirmation, but have read about also faxing directly to the resort as well.
zimaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #9
silvercloud
Earning My Ears

We can,t wait 23 days to go
Old 11-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #10
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Thanks for the review!! I'm surprising my boyfriend and parents with a one night stay here on our arrival night (two separate rooms ). I'm so excited because we were booked to stay at AsMu but I've always wanted to try CSR out. I've requested the Ranchos because I liked the look of them the most and I'm hoping it's a beautiful/romantic resort like POR. From the pictures it looks like it is! I can't wait to get there!!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #11
Redbudlover
DIS Veteran

Hi, Glad you had a great trip! I am going there in 19 days and wonder whether the pool is heated? Did you try it?
Redbudlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #12
Schucraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimaaaaah
Just curious; did you fax your room request also? We have our request printed on the confirmation, but have read about also faxing directly to the resort as well.
No, I did not fax a room request. I just asked them to note it on my reservation. I had heard they don't look at faxes anymore.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:34 AM   #13
Schucraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbudlover
Hi, Glad you had a great trip! I am going there in 19 days and wonder whether the pool is heated? Did you try it?
Yes the pool is heated. We went to the pool several times, it was never busy, and the slide is awsome!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #14
adisneynut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin
I know what you mean about trying to decide. Since we are going over the Holidays we decided on Casitas 5 because it is the first stop heading out to parks. We usually we eat breakfast in the room or on the way to the bus stop. However this will not work with little children. Our party has 2 adults and 2 -14 year girls. I know the girls will want to swim if the weatehr allows then to they have done so on previous visit. With us being near the bus stop is better than the pool but to each their own.I think the coldest was back in 02 when we stayed at AKL and the temp was around 50 but the pool was nice and toasty.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
PamNC
A burger is a burger, right
I'd rather go down to Florida, visit Mickey and get some sand in my shoes

Fabulous!

We'll be there in 10 more days. Haven't stayed there since 1998. How was mousekeeping?

PamNC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: