Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should they get rid of Back To The Future: The Ride?
Yes 52 56.52%
No 34 36.96%
Maybe 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
DisneyWorldExpert
"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

"BACK TO THE FUTURE - THE RIDE" NEEDS YOUR HELP!

This poll will be submitted to Universal Studios for the highest bar in the poll in 6 days.

"MEEGA NA LA KWEESTA!"
"Follow the bouncing Figment!"

1. May '93
2. Mar. '97
3. Mar. 2000
4. Mar. '01
5. Mar '02
6. Mar. '03
7. Mar. '04
8. Mar. '05
9. July '06
10. March 20 - April 1, 2007

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas."
- The Walt Disney World Monorail System

DisneyWorldExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

It can go and I won't be sad.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Amity 3
DIS Veteran

the work is already in progress.
Amity 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Its a done deal. A new attraction will move into the spot next summer, and the ride is now scheduled to close two days before Thanksgiving. One half of the ride is already closed, and the other half isnt running all the time. Employees are on a week to week basis, and are spending a lot of time at other attractions. The ride is in disrepair and the cost of repairing it is much greater than the cost of closing it. This is for the better. It would be different if they were talking about closing a ride like JAWS (again) since there is nothing wrong with it, but age....and age has nothing to do with a rides popularity, compare Jungle Cruise to Stitch....which one is more popular?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #5
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

Goodbye and good riddance BTTF.
Slacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:34 AM   #6
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

I think they should get rid, haven't ridden it for many years.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #7
LauraWV
Earning My Ears

So, is it official now? It's closing 2 days before Thanksgiving? I've been checking here all the time to see if it's closed yet, because we're going from Wednesday-Saturday, Thanksgiving week. Guess we'll miss it, unless they decide to let it stay open even longer. That sucks. I haven't been on it for years, because it makes me sick, but if by some miracle it happens to be still open when I go, I'll have to ride it one last time. The rest of my family loves it as much as we love Jaws. It's a classic. It'll be cool to see something new go in though.
LauraWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #8
Akdar
Proud Something or Other

I was just on it this past Sunday, and man, was it rough! I can handle almost any coaster and have never had a ride give me a headache the way it did Sunday. But I will still miss it, it's time has come.
Akdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #9
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

I had read that it had closed down in September and had told all my party of 9 that came with us from the UK that it was no longer open. I looked really stupid last week looking at the long line of people waiting to go on it!

We won't be sad to see it go. Thought it was great when first went on it in 1992 but would not go on it now as it is so bumpy.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

They can close it as far as Im concerned as well, plus the identical ride is still open at USH and USJ
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
Jorge
Mouseketeer

I'll be there at early december, and I'm really sad 'cause I'll never ride it again
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #12
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Am I the only one who likes this ride?! It's tied (with MIB) as my favourite in USF. Yeah it's bumpy, but I think that's part of what makes me like it. I haven't been on it since May of last year, so I don't know how much worse it's gotten since then.

I was really depressed when I found out it was closing because I know I won't get to ride it again. I've been hoping that they'll keep it open until the new year so I can get a chance to ride it one last time, but I have a feeling it's going to go really soon.

To me the park won't be the same without it. I just hope they don't stick The Simpsons in its place (I'm hoping they can find a way to get a Harry Potter ride, but we all know how unlikely that is).
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269
Am I the only one who likes this ride?! It's tied (with MIB) as my favourite in USF. Yeah it's bumpy, but I think that's part of what makes me like it. I haven't been on it since May of last year, so I don't know how much worse it's gotten since then.

I was really depressed when I found out it was closing because I know I won't get to ride it again. I've been hoping that they'll keep it open until the new year so I can get a chance to ride it one last time, but I have a feeling it's going to go really soon.

To me the park won't be the same without it. I just hope they don't stick The Simpsons in its place (I'm hoping they can find a way to get a Harry Potter ride, but we all know how unlikely that is).
Rowling is negotiating Potter rights with Disney.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #14
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo
Rowling is negotiating Potter rights with Disney.
That was a rumor but I thought it had been since denied by Rowling herself
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #15
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269

<~~~HUGE BTTF fan. Loved the movies, loved riding it since it opened, loved working there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: