Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #91
christinou
Is now a Tag Fairy believer and is a proud member of the Duct Tape Patrol!
Mickey is the only mouse for me!

Great report, the one thing that I missed is your upgrade how did you get it?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #92
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpydude
Hey, why not just write it in your word processing program like Word and simply copy and paste? Not only can you edit much easier (and spell check), you have a copy on your hard drive to keep forever...

Another good installment.
Nice idea...I think the reason I hadn't done this is because of the tags. but of course I can always add those later...or figure out what they should be...or write it in here and copy it to Word for future reference (look for the DisneyZell book, coming to a bookstore near you). Great call. I hadn't figured out what to do with the TR after done...Grumpydude, what did you do with yours? and When are you going again so that we can read another TR???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellmom1
You are a rare man! Can you teach my hubby that line? Please give your wife my best! She's done a great job! Can't wait to hear about Palo! We're there in 37 days!
I'm having a hard time figuring out if that is a compliment or if you think I'm beat down. huh. I don't think I'm going to teach your husband anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamom
Great chapter -- looking forward to the next one! The fresh smoothies daiquiries sound great but I can't imagine ever finding room to pack a blender! My dd6 ordered "nothing" the first night because she was full and then kept ordering it until Adiran finally talked her into trying a Mickey bar.
Classic, that sounds like Adrian. The blender was brought in within the rolling cooler, so we had the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinou
Great report, the one thing that I missed is your upgrade how did you get it?
I fully planned on pointing you to the point of how we got the upgrade...but apparently I never actually talkd about it. I'll lead with that in my next installment as I'm not sure how much we paid...and that's good info...so look for that coming soon to a disboard near you!

Thanks again everyone, glad you are enjoying it...I know I'm enjoying writing it. It is very rewarding, and I think will help cement the memories as well.

DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #93
grumpydude
Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell
Nice idea...I think the reason I hadn't done this is because of the tags. but of course I can always add those later...or figure out what they should be...or write it in here and copy it to Word for future reference (look for the DisneyZell book, coming to a bookstore near you). Great call. I hadn't figured out what to do with the TR after done...Grumpydude, what did you do with yours? and When are you going again so that we can read another TR???
I still have it on the hard drive. I copied in the pictures I used on the original report. I printed it out to put in the "memories" folder that Lover of Pooh put together along with a copy of a DVD I made from the trip. The only thing it does not have is the responses from the faithful readers.

As far as going again...I need to pay off the first one first Plus, I am having a new house built and we move in April. So I am sure my next cruise will be for my burial at sea. But you never know.
grumpydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #94
tjeagle
DIS Veteran

Keep it coming!!

2003 ~ Twins first Disney trip! Back in 2005 & 2007
Feb. 2007 DISNEY MAGIC!! Jackie's 40th birthday Sail-abration!
PROUD MEMBER~ HAPPY AND LAID BACK CRUISERS 2-3-07
DOUBLE DIPPING TRAVELING TURKEYS ~ 2008

tjeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #95
tinkerbellmom1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell

I'm having a hard time figuring out if that is a compliment or if you think I'm beat down. huh. I don't think I'm going to teach your husband anything

Yes it was a compliment! How many men willingly admit that their wife is right? Mine won't, hasn't, will not unless there is something similar to Rasul in it for him! Would you reconsider teaching him a thing or two?

tinkerbellmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #96
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpydude
I still have it on the hard drive. I copied in the pictures I used on the original report. I printed it out to put in the "memories" folder that Lover of Pooh put together along with a copy of a DVD I made from the trip. The only thing it does not have is the responses from the faithful readers.

As far as going again...I need to pay off the first one first Plus, I am having a new house built and we move in April. So I am sure my next cruise will be for my burial at sea. But you never know.
LOL! classic. let's hope it isn't that long! great ideas on saving the story, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellmom1
Yes it was a compliment! How many men willingly admit that their wife is right? Mine won't, hasn't, will not unless there is something similar to Rasul in it for him! Would you reconsider teaching him a thing or two?
I'm sorry, it's against the male code to comment or support training of others on this item. I have already stepped over the line too many times in my life.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #97
discruiselovers97
Mouseketeer

I am anxious for more!!! Where is the rest?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #98
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

More please!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #99
DisneyZell

HI all, hopefully soon, I got caught up in real life and WPASADI.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #100
Madisonznana
DIS Veteran

I your cheerleading team is behind you all the way Zell!!
Oh and did I mention I am a finalist in the red carpet evening gown competition?? If you go to http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9&page=1&pp=15 you could maybe vote for me [COLOR=YellowGreen] .

Please, Please, Please Humbly Madisonsznana!
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #101
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonznana
I your cheerleading team is behind you all the way Zell!!
Oh and did I mention I am a finalist in the red carpet evening gown competition?? If you go to http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9&page=1&pp=15 you could maybe vote for me [COLOR=YellowGreen] .

Please, Please, Please Humbly Madisonsznana!
aw man! I was too late...or I would have voted for you! clearly I'm neglecting my trip report...so here is the next chapter...
Old 12-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #102
DisneyZell

Chapter 10: Monday, our first day at sea and our first visit to Palo!

A short digression before I digress into the regular digression. the question was asked about the upgrade...we paid $832 to go from Cat 8 to Cat 4. This would have been about $2,200 had we done it before...so we figured that was a good deal. Plus we really wanted a balcony...I don't know that the stress of waiting and having to go early is worth it...but in the end we got what we needed (even though DW and DNW had to be really early and get laughed at by the guards (see earlier episodes!).

Anyway, Monday arrived and we all got to sleep in. Yeah right. Have you ever noticed that when you get to sleep in you tend to not be able to? can someone explain that to me sometime? the KIDS got to sleep in, ah to be young again.

DW and I saw this again:

Another Beautiful sunrise

Have I mentioned that I like sleep? uh...yeah...I haven't seen this many sunrises in quite some time. Sad.

So DW did her morning reading and I....well, I went and worked out. AGAIN. Wohoo! Miracles do happen. But again you couldn't beat the view. if you went and never went to the workout room...you gotta go next time...it's specacular as you are cruising along.

Today was Palo Brunch day, so when I got back from working out Mike and I took the kids up to topsiders for Breakfast. Yes I ate. Yes it was stupid. But something about all the bacon you want and a big bowl of syrup to dip it in. Yes DW thinks I'm gross too.

Nick piled his plate up with Bacon (That's my boy), and discovered what he is still calling his bacon book. He could open and shut it (yes, like a book). Yeah. Ah to be young again .

During this time DW took advantage of the downtime and found a big double recliner near the adult pool and overlooking the ocean to read her book. Must be nice. I don't think I ever found that time. No, I'm not jealous! I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!!!

Mike and I kicked the kids into the club (Nick and Chris got to do dodgeball on the sports deck again...which they were psyched for (I believe the term is "wicked cool". Yes, we are from New England). Connor and Kathryn had mousketeer training...I have no idea what that means. I mean, consider that Britney Spears was a mousketeer and she and everything (I mean everything) was splashed about the internet. you could even see...oh nevermind .

Deanna, Kim, Mike and I headed to Heaven on 11. Palo. What a great place. There was this cheese from France that was to die for...the pizza is great...I like Caviar, so I enjoyed alot of that, and the deserts were great too. We took a picture of Mike and Kim...

here they are with their free drink from the server...who's name I can't come up with at the moment.

I think they took pics of us...but we haven't gotten all of theirs yet...so you will have to suffer without. soooo sorry.

So after an hour and a half or so they rolled us out the door (I haven't ever eaten that much in my life. I can't believe I had Bacon for breakfast...but yum...bacon and syrup...yum....oh wait, back to the story). We picked the kids up and got them lunch on Deck 9.

Mike and I manned the kids and hit the pools. It was a constant parade between shallow and disgusting and deep, dangerous and disgusting. But we had a good time. Eventually that got a bit old, but Mike did bring Beer. woohoo!

Deanna and Kim sat and read their books. again. hmmmm??? , and then they took Connor and Kathryn to the Luau party in the clubs. While they were gone we hit the foosball tables...

Nick and Chris were taking on some people I didn't know...and most likely will never know as we didn't even get pictures.

Mike and I went head to head. it was ugly, brutal. Names were called.

As I am really bad keeping a consistant timeline, at some point we did ship wandering. Remember how I said you had to get at least one porthole shot with the kids and/or you in it?

can you say overkill?? (insert...I wrote this before posting. did you know there is a limit to the number of pictures? I had 3 other porthole pictures to subject you to, but had to remove them! bummer!)

Anyway, I was in picture heaven. I love just wandering for good picture opportunities. As we passed through the lobby, I spotted the opportunity of a lifetime and grabbed it.

I LOVE this picture. Now, let's just say that we waited 10 minutes for a empty elevator. it was insane. Finally I sent Mike and the kids down to 1 to ride UP figuring they might get an empty one. No such luck. However, during the time that they were gone, 3 elevators stopped on that level completely empty. . the best laid plans of mice and men

so then it was time for Formal night. time to get gussied up. Now we chose to have the early seating, and got 5:30 to boot. We were happy about it in general...but getting all dressed up for a 5:30 formal dinner is interesting. Plus we had to be downstairs at 5 to do pictures. sheesh! But the pictures turned out nice...in my opinion.

us with the Captain. A must if you cruise. I don't know why, as he will never remember us. but we looked cool.

The eternal shot in front of Mickey. This is one picture I would miss if I ever go on the Wonder...it's just too cool.

up on deck with the moon in the background...it's picture perfect...almost like it was a prop set up in the lobby. huh.

Dinner was a blur...mainly because Nick's ear started hurting him really bad (it had started in Key West). So I scooted up to one of the shops and bought him some swimmer's ear stuff. Now, I knew that Nick didn't have swimmers ear. Nick is a hypochondriac. I am also pretty sure I spelled that wrong. But anyway, he will be hurting really bad one minute...then off to play the next, pain forgotten until he has to do something he doesn't want. Sound familiar? Before Nick and I left, though, we did get some cool pics:

Nick and Chris...don't they look nice???

Connor finally tries the mickey bar, with a few sprinkles. note, however, that he still has his pile of chocolate chip cookies, just in case. Ever wonder how much food gets wasted on those ships???

So amazingly the drops cured Nick when he found out that he could go play dodgeball again. So they went up there, Connor and Kathryn went to Pumba's PJ party. The adults had some hanging out time. I don't know what we did to be honest, but I can be pretty sure that it involved a visit to Shutters (not what you were expecting was it? Dirty minds!)

Mike and I picked up Nick and Chris and went to see Invincible which was playing while we were onboard. Good movie if you haven't seen it. It does drag in the middle...and is pretty predictable...it's a feel good Disney flick. But we enjoyed it.

The Ladies picked up the younger set and headed to the Golden Mickeys. After we were all going to go see the comedians/jugglers from the night before in the adult show. About 10 minutes into The Golden Mickey's Connor fell asleep. Now, I've seen the Golden Mickeys, and I know that alot of you out there think it's a great show. But his falling asleep is pretty much how I feel about it. Kathryn fell asleep not long after. Kim and Deanna decided they were tired to and went to bed.

Mike and I went to Rockin' Bar D (wondering where Rockin' Bar C is) and found 4 seats. I called up and found out they weren't coming. Mike and I decided to stay anyway...and...well, another dud. The adult shows just aren't that good. So we grabbed the boys and headed back to the room for some shut-eye.

Our Towel animal:

My exhausted younger Son:

Not a bad day all-in-all. I apologize for the length of time between posts...I'll try not to let WPASADI get in the way...but we are building a new disney ship...and that is just going to keep us busy!

thanks for struggling along with me!

Next up: Chapter 11: Turtles for Breakfast!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #103
Babs417
DIS Veteran

Great report and pics thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #104
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

This is totaling awesome.. txs for sharing....
Old 12-17-2006, 07:10 PM   #105
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I just wanted to stop in and tell you how much I am enjoying reading your trip report. I just got back from a 4-night cruise (without my family) and have now booked a 4-night for next October (with DH, DD-8 and DD-9) -- I am considering changing to a 7-night Western, but haven't decided yet. In any case, I'm a new poster, but wanted to say thanks for the great report. Can't wait for more.
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: