Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
emica13
Earning My Ears

Favorite Fish Extender Gift?

Hi all! Quick background: My boyfriend and I are taking our first Disney Cruise this December! 4 Days to the Bahamas with 2 other couples in our late 20s. We are signed up with a fish extender group made up of 40-50 other people (adults and families with kids).

I have a few ideas for our FE gift, but I would love to hear from you. What was your favorite thing you received (or would have liked to receive) as a Fish Extender gift? For adults, for kids, for teens, anything! We're from Maine, so I'm sure everyone would be happy with the maple candy and lobster magnets I've been looking at, but I want to give the people what they want!!

Thanks for any help or advice you can give. 117 days can't go by fast enough!!!

Em
emica13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
jlynch924
Mousin' Around

We're doing our 4th DCL cruise in Nov, but participating in FE for the very first time () and we're all excited. I've gotten lots and lots of ideas from Pinterest and various blogs. If you google "fish extender" you will be inundated with ideas!

Have fun!!

WDW 1972, 1977, 1982 (Epcot Opening), 1995, 2005
DCL Wonder 9/2007, Dream 9/2011, Magic 12/2012, Dream 11/2014

jlynch924 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
Mouseketeer

My favorite gift was 3 small clear plastic bottles tagged St. Marteen, St. Thomas and Castwaway Cay to collect sand.

Honestly we got so many great gifts, but that was my absolute favorite. I did also like that someone gave us a box of snow caps. If we had gone to the movies I would have definitely taken them with us. However we got back one day from an excusrsion, and I was so hungry! A few snow caps and I was good to go with my 6 year old for 10 rounds on the Aqua Duck!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

I've received so many nice gifts and love them all. Probably my favorites are items I can use at home on a regular basis that remind me of DCL. The magnets are on my fridge and get looked at every day. The magnet clips are used all the time. I also use the bookmarks, cups, tote bags.

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Your gift idea sounds great. I really like magnets. I can put them up immediately on our door, and they're fun to collect. I also really appreciate candy. For some reason, people always complain about getting candy on here, but honestly it's one of our favorite gifts.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
MissChris
Mouseketeer

We did fish extenders on the last trip we took and it was so much fun to have a little present waiting for us when we got back every day. I will say that we got so much candy that even though we're a family of four, we left a big bag of candy in the stateroom for the steward to take, I hope the crew enjoyed it because we couldn't eat anymore!

We got a huge variety of stuff, the kids got really adorable homemade activity books that promised a prize if they were completed and returned to the maker's stateroom, that was cute. And some really cute homemade disney crafts, like magnets and bookmarks. But I really liked the stuff that was themed to the places our co-cruisers were from, those were my favorites for sure. We got beignet mix, and some specialty treats from various states and those were the most fun because they were unusual and unique. I love your idea of themed gifts from Maine, that's really fun and memorable.

Introducing my family
Me Disney instigator, Mr. bold and hearty, our Big Girl and social butterfly , and the new guy
MissChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Our last cruise we got lots of cool stuff but I use my key chain every day. It reminds me all the time of our trip. That is my favorite.
Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #8
jana616
DIS Veteran

We just got our finalized FE groups for our upcoming cruise. I'm thinking of making each person in the room a little bag of ice cream toppings to use with the self serve ice cream machines, and then giving each cabin a CD of MNSSHP music (our cruise is right before Halloween)...do those sound okay?

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

One thing that I did for a FE gift that went over really well was a deck of playing cards personalized with a label with the dates of the cruise. I found a graphic of Disney deck chairs online, and put the phrase "There's always fun on deck aboard the Disney Fantasy" and the dates and stops on our cruise.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #10
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

hands down, the most useful gift we ever received was a flattened cardboard thing that popped up into a drink carrier tray for drinks from the beverage station.

The second most useful thing was a baggie containing a (clean) q-tip, safety pin, paperclip, rubber band, coated hair tie, one of those wire twist ties and I forget what else. We were forever dipping in to that bag to solve some issue.

The most beautiful thing was hand beaded jewelry made by DolphinGirl.

And those are the most memorable out of 17 cruises of clever, attractive useful and other wise wonderful FE gifts.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

We got great home made magnets with the cruise stats on it
a CD with cruise and Disney music on it
key chains.....all home made and Disney themed

What we didn't like have been all the dollar store items....we are 2 adults.
We left all of those for the cabin steward to do with as he pleased
Old 08-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #12
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
We got great home made magnets with the cruise stats on it
a CD with cruise and Disney music on it
key chains.....all home made and Disney themed

What we didn't like have been all the dollar store items....we are 2 adults.
We left all of those for the cabin steward to do with as he pleased
I feel awful but these two adults never got around to using all the ice cream kits either.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #13
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
I feel awful but these two adults never got around to using all the ice cream kits either.
So people get a ton of those as well? Our TA told me that was one of her family's favorite gifts bc they actually used it and it made their experience a little more fun. But I don't want to be one of 15 kits people get. Most of our rooms have kids.

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of lobster magnets and maple candy! Our fridge is full of magnets we have collected over the years from various places...and candy is always a good thing!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #15
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
So people get a ton of those as well? Our TA told me that was one of her family's favorite gifts bc they actually used it and it made their experience a little more fun. But I don't want to be one of 15 kits people get. Most of our rooms have kids.
In two prior FE's, I have never received a single one of these. My kids and I would love it.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: