Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Mission Accomplished~Now A Trip Report~Day 10~A BRIEF CONCLUSION~

I have to keep this a secret for 135 days?

Pre-trip report: Mission Possible

Today my secret is still safe. There are 24 days to go and I am ready to burst! I donít know how I am doing this. My kids love Disney and Iím not telling them that we are going. As of right now I donít know how I am going to tell them. I have a bunch of ideas; we just have to make it all work out. The goal is to tell them in the morning right before our flight.

The night before we leave (Thanksgiving), we are staying at a hotel near the airport. My mom is going with us as always. My son turns 10 two days after we get there. The boys think we are going next year. This is the queen mother of all secrets!

Secret agents:

Me: Secret agent Monica 35. Wife. Mother to 3 wonderful kids. I run a licensed in home day care.
DH: Commander: Tim. 44. My husband. My kidís father. Coach. Regional Manager. Travels lots!!!
DGM: My mom. AKA Nanee (to my kids, and well sometimes I even call her that). Bestest grandmother in the world!
DD2: Malorie. My baby and princess. Although she speaks perfectly at this very young age, she knows how and when to keep quiet. She has her heart set on dinning with some princesses. And just for informationís sake. That castle is HERS! She was 10 months old on her first trip and I swear she remembers that castle. Sometimes becomes her alter ego: Crabby Patty.

The targets:

DS9: Matt. My first born. He loves Starwars and pirates. Heís fascinated with swords, light sabers, and guns. Loves the Magic Kingdom and hasnít stopped talking about the Hoop Dee Doo from 2003. My Matthew keeps us on our toes. We found out at 10 months that Matthew is severely allergic to peanuts, the hard way. One taste from my finger and within a minute his face was swelling up. That was my first time riding in an ambulance. He is also allergic to eggs. Matt was just diagnosed with ADD and GAD. (General anxiety disorder)
DS8: Zack: Loves Legos and soccer. My very own Goofey. Heís a very bright kid and sooooo stubborn. He has to get the last word in always. And we but heads because of that.

The objective:

Check in at Pop Century November 25, 2006. Check out Dec 2, 2006. We, I mean me, changed our hotel a few times. First it was ASMo, then ASMu because of the family suites. Weíve stayed at both and after reading, in secret, so much about POP Century. I decided what a great cover up. The boys wonít know what Iím talking about and it seems very cool. It has something for all of us to enjoy. Perfect. I needed two rooms for a party of 6. Plus 2 value rooms cost less than a family suite.

At first we were driving. Again. (no, no, nono, no!) Just to save money. So, the goal was to sneak in under the night's cover (Friday night) and stay at a hotel just outside of Disney property. Sounds like a good plan, but in the end it was cheaper to stay at the Pop. So, I added a room only the night before our package started at Pop.

Then Northwest offers a cash and miles deal. Husbandese: Honey, all 6 of us can fly round trip for around $800.00. Works for me and Tim. Then I decifered an on line code that took $790.00 off of our two room packages. That was like we got the airfare "almost free" (that's one of the funniest lines I hear while shopping in Mexico).

We are on the dinning plan. Weíve done it before and it was great for us. Canít wait to do it again. Iíve got all my ADRís. Liberty Tree, Donaldís Breakfastasaurous, Biergarten, Hollywood & Vine, 1900 Park Fare, and the above mentioned Hoop Dee Doo. Plus we are going to MVMCP for the first time.

There are more things in the works, but this message is about to self destruct. Up next....How I became a secret agent.

Last edited by monymony3471; 06-19-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I've seen on here, where DIS'ers make a scavenger hunt for their kids and the end result is telling them about WDW.

Neat surprise.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
monymony3471

We actually thought about doing a scavenger hunt. We must read the same posts. My kids love scavenger hunts. They grew up doing them all the time.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #4
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Smile

Love the pre-trip report so far.

I actually have 2 trips in November planned..we live South of the Mouse. And Aviva has no clue about either one of them. One is Sunday and still not sure how I am going to tell her. We are driving from St Petersburg...so wll be a different way then the normal route. And even igger is grandpa and grandma will be there.

Then wll be there the same time as your family, again driving fom St Pete (visiting SIL and new baby). And not sure how will surprise her but she may guess.

And even have a trip planned on her bday from Jan 2-4.

What to do is the question?
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
disneychickforever
Queen of Disney Elephants

loving the report "Secert Agent Monica". I think your boys wil be surprised....but wy does your little girl know??

Can't wait to read more!
A few offsite stays to which dates can't be remembered
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010
Old 11-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #6
monymony3471

disneychickforever: To help you understand me, I am the worst when it comes to secrets. I can't keep one for the life of me. That's why I failed the first mission. With DD I can tell her lots of things and I know she hears and understands but I know she doesn't understand the grand scheme of things.

She tells everyone ,"I'm a princess and I'm going to marry a prince and live in the castle." That really doesn't get interpreted as we are going to disney world.

I also need to talk about this because like I said I am bursting here with the excitement. DH says he is excited too, but day to day he doesn't go through all the things I do that are disney related.

So, she's my little confidant if you will.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
disneychickforever

ah okay, I understand now

I don't think I could keep a WDW trip a surprise....I'm having enough of atime keeping 'Ohana's a surprise from my sister.....

Waiting patiently for more w/ lots of popcorn!
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010
Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
monymony3471

Thanks for reading along. (and humoring me) If anything comes out of this, I'll have a very nice journal to add to this trip's scrapbook.

__________________________________________________ _______________

How I became a secret agent

This trip was supposed to take place in November 2007. I started pricing and talking about the trip in spring of 2006. I have 3 children. Matt turns 10 at the end of November (10 year old is charged as an adult). Zach is 8, and Malorie is 2. Next year she won't be free. Ouch! I start to think if we go now in 2006 I can really save some money. Lightbulb!!! Stop planning for 2007 we are going in 2006. One mention to my DH that itís cheaper to go now and he was on board. I know how to talk husbandese. (Itís also a requirement of a secret agent to speak more than one language) So, I came back to the disboards and dove into my plans and reading, and reading and more reading.

Our 1st family trip to WDW was in Sept of 2003. The Coronado and Hoop Dee Doo were the only plans I made back then. GASP I KNOW! How did we ever survive and have any fun w/o all the planning I submerse myself in now? We did have a ball. We didnít know any better. All that mattered to me was we were in Disney and at the end of each day my 2 little boys were content and passed out.

2nd family trip was planned in 6 weeks. OMG 6 weeks to plan WDW??? (Yes, Iím good, I know. Pat Pat Pat)
Originally we had a 2 week vacation planned to drive around Michigan. The day the kids got out of school we had two weeks to our selves. I had it all figured out. Where we would go, places to stay over night, and our routes all mapped out. Then when I was calculating the cost something in my head started talking to me. No I donít see dead people; my inner little Mickey Mouse started to wake up. This is the same if not more than what weíd pay to go to Disney. At the first mention of this to my husband, remember my special language, husbandese, I was on the phone with WDW travel and had a reservation booked at ASMo. We drove. My kids were 8, 6, and 10mos. My mother came too. Enough said.

This trip, the one Iím going to write about eventually, is our 3rd Family trip. The kids donít know a thing about it. I am dying here. Brilliant DH said this will be a surprise. (Yes commander) Well the 2nd trip was supposed to be a surprise too. Letís just say I spilled the beans big time. I failed my mission. So now Iíve been assigned another mission to redeem myself and I am forced to share my secrets here. I hope you donít mind.

I found disboards.com in 2005. My siggy is proof of that. Wow! What a wonderful invention. I love this place. It helps pass the time while you secretly plan for your trip. It helps with post Disney depression. It keeps your little inner Mickey burning. AND it helps keep you sane because after you find this place, you realize you are not alone with your obsessions with WDW.

Because of the boards, last year we enhanced our trip and took some time to enjoy it more. How? We were spys in training. We found the umbrella in MGM and pulled on the handle, we found those cool sidewalk lights in Epcot and heard singing drinking fountains. We missed the ring in line at the Haunted Mansion but caught the chick opening her eyes. We didnít wake up Tinkerbell, but I hope my daughter will be able to this time. We discovered the Dinosaur in Dinoland that you walk under is female (thanks to a chatty CM). Heard voices on Main Street and conversations on phones. This year we are on a mission to talk with a trash can and catch Devine in action. Sneak back later to find out how a secret agent works at home.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #9
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great report! Can't wait to read more.

Just me and my girlÖa very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom
Love the pre-trip report so far.

I actually have 2 trips in November planned..we live South of the Mouse. And Aviva has no clue about either one of them. One is Sunday and still not sure how I am going to tell her. We are driving from St Petersburg...so wll be a different way then the normal route. And even igger is grandpa and grandma will be there.

Then wll be there the same time as your family, again driving fom St Pete (visiting SIL and new baby). And not sure how will surprise her but she may guess.

And even have a trip planned on her bday from Jan 2-4.

What to do is the question?
Thanks! We used to have very close friends that lived in St. Petersburg. When I traveled with my parents when we were young I remember part of our trip to Disney at the end was going to stay with them. I loved picking the oranges right in their back yard! One time they took us deep sea fishing in the gulf. Wasn't pretty.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #11
7krazykids
In Search of Pixie Dust

im supposed tgo be at work right now.... but , your pre triip report hasme in a nother world...... im hoping the "bosss" ( my dh) wont ruin my fun.... anyways.... ill be looking for more of your report.... it has me soooo excited cause i leave in 17 days and + or - a few hours....uggg the wait is killin me and the kids...< sigh>
cole12:
randi 9:
kenley (in God's rocking chair)
brynli 4:
kyli-addison 3:
chaz 1:

the party starts november 19th
Old 11-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7krazykids
im supposed tgo be at work right now.... but , your pre triip report hasme in a nother world...... im hoping the "bosss" ( my dh) wont ruin my fun.... anyways.... ill be looking for more of your report.... it has me soooo excited cause i leave in 17 days and + or - a few hours....uggg the wait is killin me and the kids...< sigh>
How long are you staying? We will probably just be getting there and you'll be packing up to come home. If you are staying a whole week.
Glad you find this entertaining. I'm trying my best to keep it interesting. Thanks for posting. Hope to have more tomorrow.

I'll fine tune it tonight. DS8 has a concert tonight and he's playing a very cuddley Elvis. This should be a hoot!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #13
7krazykids
In Search of Pixie Dust

monymony2471....

we are driving down on the 19 and staying outside dw for the night..then on the 20th we take on the world!!! and stay at pop til saturday..so we are stayng 5 nights and 6days... im gonna start packing tomorrow..( i hope) 7 kids is alot to pack for....

cant wait to hear back from you...
cole12:
randi 9:
kenley (in God's rocking chair)
brynli 4:
kyli-addison 3:
chaz 1:

the party starts november 19th
Old 11-03-2006, 06:30 AM   #14
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7krazykids
monymony2471....

we are driving down on the 19 and staying outside dw for the night..then on the 20th we take on the world!!! and stay at pop til saturday..so we are stayng 5 nights and 6days... im gonna start packing tomorrow..( i hope) 7 kids is alot to pack for....

cant wait to hear back from you...
7 kids is alot to do anything for! I give you tons of credit. And you are taking them to Disney.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #15
disneychickforever

How was your son as Elvis? We have a kid in our church who does the same thing every year at the charity show we put on....last time he was "signing autographs", us older girls were playing along and started to "faint" when we got "Elvis'" autograph

Waiting for next installment :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: