Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2006, 09:52 AM   #16
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

Suscess of ABD Program

Hi everyone,

It looks like most of you have had a great time using ABD. I am a DVC member and I get stuff from them all the time. My question is: how successful has this program been for Disney? I noticed that the have dropped some destinations. And, knowing Disney, they are not afraid to cancel a program if it is not well received. Any thoughts?.....

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #17
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Hi Dwelty,

2006 is the first yrear that ABD has offered trips. There were some test offerings in 2005, but most of the people taking those trips were invited.

2006 saw a handful of Adventures and 2007 has 12 Adventures. Who knows what will happen in 2008.

This is a new product for Disney and as such, will go through a growing phase just as Disney Cruise Line did when it first launched in 1998. DCL is offering a much different product now than it did back then.

As for ABD, the 2007 Adventures that are repeated from 2006 have some small changes and I am sure that we will see more "tweaking" as time goes on. I also am guessing that we will see itineraries come and go. ABD is not offering the Hawaii trips that they have in the past, but have added some exciting desitinations for next year.

As for the success of this product...well time will tell. I'm seeing that the early booking discount for several of these Adventures is quickly disappearing which tells me that people are booking.

I think this is a fantastic opportunity for folks to visit places that they might not venture to on their own. Disney has a proven track record and people trust their name and products. There is a lot to be said for going with the tried and true.

I do not work for the Disney company, but I have been on one of these Adventures and have booked a second for next year. I'm a fan of this product and enjoy sharing my experience.

Kevin
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: