Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Restaurant des Stars

This Art Deco style restaurant is located in the Production Courtyard.
It is a large restaurant seating 300 people and recently changed (Summer 2007) to a buffet serving European and International style food.

If you're lucky you may catch a glimpse of that sweet little chef, Remy!

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Last edited by Ware Bears; 07-19-2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Updated info
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
disneyangel
Has a seperate pudding stomach

This is a counter service restaurant which serves table service type food. They have substantial meals like Roast beef , salmon , chicken served with rice , potato or pasta and at very reasonable prices. Great if you are not a fan of Fast food
AngelaEurodisney-Cheyenne (a long time ago) ,WDW-offsite-Cypress Pointe-Nov2000 ,DLRP-SL-SEP05 , DLRP -Marriot- OCT06 with the Blackies, DLRP - Marriot- Jan07 with the Grannys DLRP -Marriot -May 07 with the Blackie's and Grannies ,DLRPEtap Val D'Europe -Jan 08 -,DLRP Post Christmas treat ,,DLRPMarch 08 Marriot with Susan and Zoe- Girls only , ,DLRPSep08 -Explorers -Sun and Fun , Jan 2010 ,WDW-Offsite Regal Palms -Jessica's first trip , Easter 2012 ,WDW-Offsite - Rosen Inn at Pointe. WDW-Oct 13 -Onsite POFQ/OKW with MNSSHP with Susan and Zoe
disneyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

I have just read on a French Disney Forum that Rendezvous des Stars is now open with an all you can eat and drink buffet in a similar style to the Plaza Gardens buffet at a very reasonable price of 23 euros/head - I would think that's the adult price and there is probably a cheaper childrens' option too.
IMO this will be another great addition to the WDS, I've never been very impressed with the food selection in there, perhaps this new venture is to meet the demands of increasing visitor numbers to WDS with the new rides.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Photo courtesy of WDSfans

More pictures and write up by Raptor1982 over at:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfan...ypVZFkdekWBMML
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Looks good, reasonably priced and seems to have 1 drink included, for adults and children making it even better value for money.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Thank you Jill, we ate there in 2005 when it was a self-service and although the food was very nice, it was definitely lacking something.

This is a great improvement, about time the Studios had somewhere nice to relax over a leisurely lunch.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #7
disneyangel
Has a seperate pudding stomach

I quite liked this last time we ate their but much prefer the idea of a buffet. Definitely adding it to my wish list for my next visit Thanks Jill for the heads up
AngelaEurodisney-Cheyenne (a long time ago) ,WDW-offsite-Cypress Pointe-Nov2000 ,DLRP-SL-SEP05 , DLRP -Marriot- OCT06 with the Blackies, DLRP - Marriot- Jan07 with the Grannys DLRP -Marriot -May 07 with the Blackie's and Grannies ,DLRPEtap Val D'Europe -Jan 08 -,DLRP Post Christmas treat ,,DLRPMarch 08 Marriot with Susan and Zoe- Girls only , ,DLRPSep08 -Explorers -Sun and Fun , Jan 2010 ,WDW-Offsite Regal Palms -Jessica's first trip , Easter 2012 ,WDW-Offsite - Rosen Inn at Pointe. WDW-Oct 13 -Onsite POFQ/OKW with MNSSHP with Susan and Zoe
disneyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #8
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

We've only eaten in the studios once preferring the restaurants in MK, but I would like to try this one, especially if we are in the studios for the new attractions.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #9
*lilouw
Offre-moi cet horizon...

Review and pics (october 2007)

Vibe and decoration: 6/10 It could be better because there is only a few pictures of Rémy and Emile.
Food: 9.5/10 So good, it's my favorite buffet for the food. A large choice of starters (cheese, pasta, rice, vegetables,etc.), entrees (pasta with 2 salsas, special Mickey 'cordon bleu', potatoes, pizza, salmons...) and desserts (beignets, brownies, tarts, cakes, cookies, fruits...)Drink: 7/10 50cl of sodas
General Appreciation: 8.5/10 Only for the tasty food and smiling cooks! But vibe must be better (now there is a Rémy audio-animatronic!)

Decoration and vibe:

Starters
Buffet

My plate

Entrees
Special Mickey 'cordon bleu'

Buffet

Desserts
Buffet

My plate
*lilouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

This was the restaurant taken around lunch-time on the 21st July

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
Rachie B
I do love it too, but I hold on for dear life

we ate here on sat 9th aug
it opens @ 11.30am, and we got there for around 12pm

was lovely and cool,after a busy warm morning in the parks!

good choice of foods for each course

staff fab at clearing away plates quickly and very happy / friendly
Aug 2008 - 4 days - Adagio Aparthotel
Dec 2008 - 2 days - Explorers
Oct 2009 - Daytrip - Berny Riviere
Oct 2010 - 2 days - Le Chene Gris
Feb 2011 - Daytrip (using the SUN hoppers) Adagio Aparthotel
March 2012 - Daytrip (using SUN hoppers )The Kyriad

in planning : October 2012 using the Sky free tickets

Rachie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:04 AM   #12
*lilouw
Offre-moi cet horizon...

I came back to this buffet on the 19th August. I loved it the first time but this time, I am a bit disappointed: no more cheese, no more Mickey cordon bleu and prices have increased...but food was still good and there was a great choice of food. I loved the small Rémy, an Audio-Animatronic which welcomes you!
Vibe and decoration: 7/10 (thanks Rémy!)
Food: 8/10 (very good cheese raviolis and pizza! And I loved the chocolate tart!!!)
Service: 6/10 (we were a bit supervise because there were a lot of waiters and not a lot of guests so they were looking at us =/)
General appreciation: 7/10

Rémy

Decoration

Starters
Buffet: watermelon, coleslaw, tomatoes, couscous, pasta, mozzarela, ham and other vegetables+ tomato soup with fried cheese or grilled bread...

My plate

Main course
Potatoes, delicious raviolis, pizza, scallops, chicken, rice, ratatouille...

Desserts
Buffet: lovely chocolate tar, brownies, crepes, cake, tiramisu, fruits...

I have a problem with Image Shcack, I'll post other photos next time!

Last edited by *lilouw; 09-01-2008 at 11:36 AM.
*lilouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #13
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

We ate here on Wednesday 13th May, I booked the day before at City Hall, and we had a 12.45pm reservation. The buffet is arranged the same as the brilliant photos in the post above this one, and the food is amazing here, it really is .
The prices seem to have reduced though - the adult price (without drinks) is 22.90 euro, and the childs price (which includes one soft drink) is 9.90 euros. Whilst it was quiet when we arrived and got seated, by around 1.15 it had got busier, and there were queues at both pay stations (you pay as you go in, before you are seated).
My DD is not the most adventurous eater in the world, but she enjoyed the rice, salads, bread, and chicken wings. She also had meatballs and pasta for her main, which she went up for seconds of. I was spoilt for choice with the mains here - zucchini in cheese sauce, pan fried vegetables, beef in red wine, hot spicy chicken, ratatouille (of course ), dauphinoise potatoes etc etc. All cooked to perfection.
The desserts were pretty amazing too, crepes, fresh fruit chunks, tiny sponge cakes, rhum baba, apple tart, and the most amazing chocolate pie

And then this little fella to entertain you as you eat - (well, little fella and his chef, who was pretty entertaining too )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

We ate here on Sat 1st August for lunch and once again had a wonderful meal.

Its worth booking in advance as you go to a seperate till if you have a reservation so we could bypass the queue.

We paid, ordered our drinks (which you do when you pay) and our free Kirs with our APs and were shown to our table. Unfortunately the table they were showing us to wasnt free so they then had to look round for another and we had to wait while they cleared one for us.

Once seated we helped ourselves to food. DD and I decided not to bother with starters and headed right for the mains whilst DH and DS attacked the starters.

There was a similar selection of food as in the posts above.

DD had a plate full of pasta, meatballs and bolognaise sauce. I decided to try the fish (salmon and sole I think) which was delicious with rice and vegetables and then afterwards had some beef in red wine and of course ratatouille

The desserts were delicious and I was glad I had left room for them by not having starters. I particularly love the way they have small portions of them all so you can have a selection of several things including crepes.

The buffet was well stocked and replenished regularly and once again we thought it was good value for money
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #15
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Just realised that I hadn't mentioned we ate here twice during our stay in March, first time was planned, second was because we were so impressed the first time.
Nothing really to add to the reports above but excellent value for money.
* Covered by standard HB vouchers
* Cold and hot drinks included in price
* Worth a visit just to see the "Little Chef"

On our 2nd visit the Chef accompanying Remy was an absolute hoot, singing very loudly and rather badly, it all added to the atmosphere.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: