Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Casey's Corner - reviews

This counter service restaurant is located in Main St USA on the left of the hub.
Themeing is of baseball memorabilia with the added atmosphere of ragtime piano music.
Famed for its hot dogs and a great location to catch a parade.
It is also convenient across from the Mickey Mouse character greet spot.
Seating is available both inside and outside

Link to other restaurant reviews

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Last edited by Cyrano; 01-06-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
tracydcp
Mouseketeer

We ate at Casey's Corner a couple of times during our stay in Oct 06 and found it to be very good. The service was quick and polite and the hot dogs are to die for!! Prices aren't too bad, a bit more than you would pay here at McDonalds/Burger King, but the meal deals do include a drink and a small cake which was delicious too. The kids meal also included a pot of ice cream with a little toy in the bottom which always went down with Lucas! Seating area inside was clean and tidy and we also ate outside on one occasion which was nice as we could people watch as we ate.
tracydcp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
NIK
Compulsive plannerin two minds Monstro or Blue Fairy?

I ate at Casey's Corner several times during my stay. Food was always hot, queues sometimes a little bit too much during busy times. The only other issue I did have [and not just with Casey's Corner] was that as a lone traveller I always had to explain at least twice that I wanted just one hot dog or one drink. I've sat outside too and done a bit of people watching which is really nice if it's a warm day

Next visit? This year next year sometime never :
NIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

We love Casey's Corner and it's always the lunch place of choice on our last day of our visit. The Hotdogs are devine with the cheddar sauce and considering the size and quality of the meal it seems very good value.

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
SandraVB79
I am a Jungle Cruise skipper groupie. Because I am. I really really am!

Lunch - December 12, 2006

I had a hot dog with cheese, BF had chicken nuggets and fries. Both were good

SandraVB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Dh & I ate at Caseys on the 9th, unfortunately we were both a little disappointed. It was busy, but we got to the front of the line quickly & service was fine. We had to walk around for awhile to find seating, but finally snagged a table outside. Our disappointment was in the food. Dh got a cheese dog & I got a plain one. The buns were hard & the hotdogs were not the best. Hopefully we just caught them on a bad day.

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

How much roughly is the food here, that hot dog with cheese looks bloomin delicious
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Click on the menu option on this link, and you'll get the prices as at last May - so they will be similar now.

http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/caseys.html

Elaine
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Thanks Elaine

wow good prices aswell.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

You're most welcome.

Caseys Corner is one of my favourite places to stop for a hot drink and a wee rest from all the excitement. We sit outside the restaurant under the canopy, near the Mickey meet n greet area. Its a great place to people-watch, and your DD will be completely enchanted with all the little birds hopping around nearby catching crumbs.

Elaine
Old 10-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #11
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Our favourate counter service restuarant in the whold of DLRP (and where my Mum is convinced that Kacee is named after) Always clean and tidy when we ate here, even the outside tables whcih were lovely during the afternoon sunshine we had.

We ate here quite a bit during the holiday. As the wife is pregnant she needed little snacks here and there. A hotdog here costs 4.65 euros and a meal of hotdog, fries and softdrink was 9.95 euros. Obviously we used our 10% disocunt here everytime we ate which changed the price a little in our favour. Kacee loved the hotdogs as well and one night during Candleabration he ate and entire one while sitting on my shoulders!

I'd add that Casey's doesn't ever look really busy but they seem to have problems serving people here, sometimes the queue may only be 3 or 4 people deep but can still take a good 20 minutes to get served. This, for me, is Casey's only bad point.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #12
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

We ate at Caseys Corner last week also. I'd agree, slow service (but I get used to that at counter service in DLRP).
The food was okay, bil had the hot dog with cheese - that was enormous, and obviously very tasty, as he polished off the lot .
I had tomato soup, which comes from a machine. It was tasty though, although we didn't get any croutons with it, and it was so busy that I couldn't make myself go back in to get some.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 01-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

We ate at Casey's end of November and were really disappointed. The service was quite slow although I was impressed with how multi-lingual the staff were.

Maybe we got them on a bad day but the hot dog bun was hard as a rock. I was really disappointed as Casey's is one of my favourite CS places at WDW.

I will go back and try it again in case it was just a bad day but maybe if you're going with your family just buy one hot dog first and do a 'test'

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 AM   #14
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Ate here several times during our visit, 12th-17th Jan.

We managed to get tables in Liberty Arcade which is why we ate here mainly, plus the babycare centre is just across the square.

Got served fairly quickly - but bear in mind the park was quiet, most of the rides where walk on while we were there!

No complaints about the nuggets, hot dogs, fries, or drinks.

On the first visit I ordered 5 hot chocs, 1 coffee, 2 fries, 1 small nuggets, 1 bottle of water, got back to the table and there was no coffee in the bag, went back and saw the same server, she then realised she'd left it on the counter at the back, she gave me a fresh one no problem. Think the problem here is that sometimes someone else tries to help the server by putting food/drink together and they get confused as to what has or hasn't been done.

I think for me and OH I was spending around 20-22Euros each time we ate here, usually for large nuggett meals and coffees. Only get soft drink with meals so had to order coffee's as extras.

Suzi-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #15
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

we ate here a lot on my last trip. great for kids meals. for €6 my dd had fries, chicken nuggets, a drink and a yoghurt drink. other options were available. she loved the food here and i thought it was good value. nice tomato soup with croutons as well. service can be a little slow at times even though there seemed to be two people to a till but it was always hot so worth waiting a couple of minutes

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: