Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #1546
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
You and I would make an ideal touring team I have lost count of the number of times we have left a park and got to the resort buses to be instructed: "Pick a bus and just tell 'em where you're headed" because there was nobody else there except those on Walt's payroll

Rather amusing one night leaving DHS we picked our bus and overheard the guy radio in his route saying, "Yeah, that's it. I think these are the last ones now"
We drive to the parks. We were taking the tram back to the parking lot at 4:00am the MK closed at 3:00. The tram driver told us what kind of car we had and told us we were the last car in the lot. I tried my best to spend the night
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #1547
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #1548
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

....wow! What a pretty picture!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #1549
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC15 View Post
...oh boy - I sure hope I see lines like THIS when I'm there in 6 days!
[....hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #1550
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I think I have been 'guided' out of the parks every day I have ever been there. I always go to the park that has evening emh and refuse to leave until I have to
Quote:
You and I would make an ideal touring team I have lost count of the number of times we have left a park and got to the resort buses to be instructed: "Pick a bus and just tell 'em where you're headed" because there was nobody else there except those on Walt's payroll

Rather amusing one night leaving DHS we picked our bus and overheard the guy radio in his route saying, "Yeah, that's it. I think these are the last ones now"
I could join you 2 very easy. I have never been "guided" out of a park. I have been asked if i was a guest and said yes and just went on my way of taking pics. The lastest i have left a park after closing is about 3 hours. Took my last pic of Spaceship Earth with security at the gates and didn't say a thing. while i started to walk out to my car a security vehicle drove up and asked if i knew where my car was and i said it is the only one in the parking lot. I wish i had taken a pic cause it was funny.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #1551
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
I could join you 2 very easy. I have never been "guided" out of a park. I have been asked if i was a guest and said yes and just went on my way of taking pics. The lastest i have left a park after closing is about 3 hours. Took my last pic of Spaceship Earth with security at the gates and didn't say a thing. while i started to walk out to my car a security vehicle drove up and asked if i knew where my car was and i said it is the only one in the parking lot. I wish i had taken a pic cause it was funny.
I have pictures of my car being the last in the lot a couple times
Old 03-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #1552
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Old 03-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #1553
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

MK12-1058 by 2Tiggies, on Flickr
Absolutely love this picture.

Can I ask what lens you used for this one?

Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #1554
SunDial

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post

The lens would not really matter for these type of shots.

What type of ND filter did you use and the length of exposure? Mine for this area was shot at iso 200...no filter and 30 seconds because I didn't have a remote trigger at the time. It had good color but not like this. Was there PP work done or straight from camera?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #1555
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post

Thank you. Details below in response to Sundial's questions

Quote:
The lens would not really matter for these type of shots.

What type of ND filter did you use and the length of exposure? Mine for this area was shot at iso 200...no filter and 30 seconds because I didn't have a remote trigger at the time. It had good color but not like this. Was there PP work done or straight from camera?
I used a Nikkor 18-105 lens. It was on a tripod, I believe I had removed the ND filter which I'd had on earlier for the fireworks but I can't be 100% sure. I'm fairly certain I'd taken it off by this stage though.

It was ISO160, F8, at 45 mm and exposure was 5 seconds, so not a super long exposure and I did not use the shutter release for this one.

The colors had some minor tweakings in Lightroom but they were pretty vivid SOC. I had the camera set to "Vivid" and with the wet surfaces the reflection of the lights seemed to make everything look a bit louder than it possibly was.

I'm happy to give any more detail if there is anything I have forgotten to mention
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #1556
SunDial

Quote:
Thank you. Details below in response to Sundial's questions

I used a Nikkor 18-105 lens. It was on a tripod, I believe I had removed the ND filter which I'd had on earlier for the fireworks but I can't be 100% sure. I'm fairly certain I'd taken it off by this stage though.

It was ISO160, F8, at 45 mm and exposure was 5 seconds, so not a super long exposure and I did not use the shutter release for this one.

The colors had some minor tweakings in Lightroom but they were pretty vivid SOC. I had the camera set to "Vivid" and with the wet surfaces the reflection of the lights seemed to make everything look a bit louder than it possibly was.

I'm happy to give any more detail if there is anything I have forgotten to mention
I love that you had the rain to add to it. I forgot about the vivid+ setting. I used to use that but for when I shoot drag racing I leave it on normal. I also shoot f11 to f15. I will switch between the 10-24 and 24-70 2.8 Still using a nikon D40 with great results. I will be back in WDW for more pics in a couple of weeks. Plan on shooting the hat in HS before it goes away.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #1557
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
I love that you had the rain to add to it. I forgot about the vivid+ setting. I used to use that but for when I shoot drag racing I leave it on normal. I also shoot f11 to f15. I will switch between the 10-24 and 24-70 2.8 Still using a nikon D40 with great results. I will be back in WDW for more pics in a couple of weeks. Plan on shooting the hat in HS before it goes away.
I think I might miss the hat before we go back again, as this year's trip is hanging in the balance right now

I'm really bad with that vivid setting and have to make a conscious point of remembering to change it when I am doing portrait!

Yes, the same rain that had me in tears an hour early turned into my rainbow after the storm with that photo. There's a story behind that one that has made it one of my favorites; more so than the actual results in themselves. I still refer to it as my "Rainbow smile after the storm" photo
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #1558
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #1559
Maleficent Dragon
šoš A wondrous future lies before you! šoš

These times of empty parks are really a thing of the past. Rope Drop is nice, though.

Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #1560
South Carolina
DIS Veteran

Early Morning EPCOT by MikeR on Flickr
South Carolina is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: