Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

Does it ever surprise you when people...

Refer to some of the things that go on in Disney. I swear if I had not been before I found the dis I probably wouldn't go. I just saw in ten minutes of reading threads, someone refer to the line cues as "hearding cattle". Someone else talk about inconsiderate parents who let there child scream. And the evc and stroller maniacs that run you over. Boy we really make it sound like the happiest place on earth.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
mieshie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

I have come across the negative posts, many about the high prices, but I find the positives far outweigh it.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

We have to do it to drive down the crowds. Right...isn't it just awful there? That is why none of us ever go back...

So hot, so crowded, so expensive. I hear snakes are falling out of the sky too! Forget it!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
mrssam
Mouseketeer

Honestly, it makes me really sad for the person posting those types of comments.

How sad their life must be to be SO concerned with others that they cannot relax and enjoy themselves. It doesn't excuse poor manners or people being crazy, but really if we all let go and stop being so offended all the time, like every stroller, screaming kid, etc (to use your examples) is a personal attack against us the entire world would be such a happier place.

Every experience in life is what you make it and only you can control how you respond and react in situations that may not be to your ideal liking.

On a related note it would be handy to have a special "melt-down button" that alerts you that your toddler is DONE... would be handy for some adults too haha. I've seen so many kiddos that are overstimulated and overtired with oblivious parents, but they don't ruin my Mouse-time. :-)

WDW
October 1986
July 1990
April 1998
January 2002
October 2013 *CANNOT WAIT*
It has been TOO LONG!!!!

Proud Stay at Home Mommy to 2 Awesome Kids!
mrssam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
mrssam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
We have to do it to drive down the crowds. Right...isn't it just awful there? That is why none of us ever go back...

So hot, so crowded, so expensive. I hear snakes are falling out of the sky too! Forget it!
Haha that is awesome! Yeah, I'm never going back either. So horrible... ;-)

WDW
October 1986
July 1990
April 1998
January 2002
October 2013 *CANNOT WAIT*
It has been TOO LONG!!!!

Proud Stay at Home Mommy to 2 Awesome Kids!
mrssam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
MsLisaG
Mouseketeer

Just like every other vacation spot in the world, Disney has positives and negatives. We find that the positives far outweigh the negatives, but I understand that others don't. What I don't understand are those that complain constantly though... If you don't like disney you certainly don't have to go!

MsLisaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
jazz0007
DIS Veteran

I usually tend to ignore the negative posts....until I see that they turn funny!! Then it's just entertaining to read responses. :D However, I made the mistake of reading the most recent one and now I am terrified of things falling on me and grabbing on on ToT! That alone might have made me never go had I read it before becoming an addict!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
MsLisaG
Mouseketeer

Lol, I very seriously doubt that the snake thing happened. That was a funny thread though.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
BigAlsGal
DIS Veteran

The seriously offended make me laugh. Just makes me want to do more of whatever I'm doing. We'll call it "chicken soup for my soul".

BigAlsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
jazz0007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol, I very seriously doubt that the snake thing happened. That was a funny thread though.
Actually it was the spiders that terrified me!!! LOL
Old 09-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

I just think its funny . I pay tons of money to complain about my vacation. Not me personally lol. I don't think there is any thing that could ever piss me off that badly. Especially at Disney!!

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
mieshie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
MsLisaG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz0007 View Post

Actually it was the spiders that terrified me!!! LOL
I am just pretending that I never even read that.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieshie75 View Post
Refer to some of the things that go on in Disney. I swear if I had not been before I found the dis I probably wouldn't go. I just saw in ten minutes of reading threads, someone refer to the line cues as "hearding cattle". Someone else talk about inconsiderate parents who let there child scream. And the evc and stroller maniacs that run you over. Boy we really make it sound like the happiest place on earth.
Meh. No it doesn't surprise me. Why would it? And if reading any negative comments here on the Dis is enough to keep you from going, then IMO you should probably stay away from message boards. You can't honestly expect to have nothing but pixie dust blown up your skirt can you? Real people post on these boards. Some of them encounter problems and want to discuss them. What is so terrible about that?

If I was planning a vacation at someplace new, I would prefer to know the good AND the bad. I'd want to know what problems I might encounter, the odds of encountering that problem, how to avoid it or how to handle it if it happened to me. How am I going to do this if all that is posted is sunshine and roses?

Last edited by minnie mum; 09-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
MsLisaG
Mouseketeer

There are going to be problems that people should know about, that's normal for any vacation. I think it's just kind of redundant to have multiple posts about strollers, ecvs, and screaming kids because those are problems that will be encountered at every single theme park in America, it's not really something that Disney is doing wrong.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLisaG View Post
There are going to be problems that people should know about, that's normal for any vacation. I think it's just kind of redundant to have multiple posts about strollers, ecvs, and screaming kids because those are problems that will be encountered at every single theme park in America, it's not really something that Disney is doing wrong.
Multiple posts, or multiple threads? The latter case is in MOST cases because posters never seem to learn how to use the search function and simply put up a new thread without looking first. And again, this is nothing new and is pretty much seen on any message board.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: