Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
ely3857
Would love to be a Librarian - but isn't sure if she can spell it

Smile Just the two of us. Part 13

Part 13 Day 10 Sunday 08th October

Alarm call at 07.45 and I bounced out of bed as cheerful and energetic as the day we arrived, Gavin did not.

Breakfast at Pop again

Bagel - $2.29
Chocolate Croissant - $2.79
Cinnamon Roll - $2.59
Croissant - $2.29
Mile - $1.29
Water - $1.25
Tax - $0.74

Total - $13.24

Then off to Disney’s/MGM Studio’s for opening. There is more of a fanfare at rope drop here with street actors announcing your all part of the crowd for their filming today. Far more entertaining than Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

First I got one Fastpass for Tower of Terror then one for Rock ‘n’ Roller coaster. I would be riding both of these alone as Gavin’s a scaredy cat. A big 6ft 2” scaredy cat.

After a couple of Photopass pictures and one with the lastest star we went on the Great Movie Ride (I hid behind Gavin during the Indiana Jones scene).

My fastpass windpw was open now. I hadn’t gone on either of these last year and the pre-show film on Tower of Terror really got my knees trembling but it was fun. It felt more like the lift was bouncing up and down the dropping dramatically then dragging you back to the top to do it again. Rock ‘n’ Roller coaster was good but almost exactly the same as DLRP, but not as jerky, so I knew what to expect.

Onto Muppets 3D now and when we left here I spotted Woody with no queue so dragged Gavin over for a Photopass picture.

Hungry we went to Pizza Planet for lunch.

Cheese Pizza - $5.59
Pepperoni Pizza - $5.89
Coke - $2.09
Sprite - $2.09
Chocolate Chip Cookie X2 - $3.78
Tax - $1.27

Total - $20.71

After lunch we headed over to the Backlot Tour and joined the un-air-conditioned queue. Only waited around 15 mins though. This is good but not a must see every year. After the tour I had a photo taken with Fantasia Mickey then we went into One Mans Dream. The narration is so much better now Julie Andrews does it. I could look at the stuff in here for ages but other places to be.

We just had time to grab a drink ($2.09) before heading to the 14.00 showing of Indiana Jones Stunt Show. I had seen this before but Gavin hadn’t, we had skipped it last year in favour of Lights, Motors, Action.

Once the show was over I convinced Gavin to hang around a while and watch the Stars and Motor Cars parade. We waited near a fountain but it was very hot and some obnoxious ‘I want, I deserve, I need, I must have’ guests camped out near us so we escaped to the other side of the street and stood in an air-conditioned doorway.

Last edited by ely3857; 10-24-2006 at 03:19 PM.
ely3857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
ely3857
Would love to be a Librarian - but isn't sure if she can spell it

Smile

Our plans changed now. We did have a 16.00 adr at Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic package but I needed to shuffle a couple of things around as we wanted to visit Animal Kingdom and Epcot again before we left. I pencilled in Epcot for the day we flew, it would be a first for us, doing something on our very last day but we didn’t fly until 20.30 so it worked out well. In order to fit in Animal Kingdom I sacrificed Fantasmic as if we went to Magic Kingdom’s Extra Magic Hours tonight we could replace our Magic Kingdom day with Animal Kingdom. We weren’t really missing out on anything, just re-prioritising. I didn’t really want to do Magic Kingdom then Animal Kingdom on the same day as the first few hours in the day really are the best ones for park touring.

Back to Pop at 16.00 for refills and a snack then we rested until we left for Magic Kingdom.

Grapes - $3.29
Chips - $2.99
Twix - $1.25
Muffin - $2.29
Milk X3 - $3.87
Tax - $0.90

Total - $14.59

We managed two hours of uninterrupted sleep before leaving for Magic Kingdom at 19.30, I hadn’t realised we were so tired. Most of our rest time had been spent watching TV, browsing the internet, making up notes or playing with the PSP rather than sleeping but it must be catching up with us now.

Arrived at Magic Kingdom during Spectromagic so Main Street USA was packed. We waited until the parade was over then moved very slowly down Main Street avoiding the ECV lady who thought it was her job to carve a path for her family. We found a spot for Wishes outside the Plaza Restaurant and held tight until it was over. We both enjoyed this but Gavin was most impressed with Tinkerbell and asked if she was coming back! From where we were you got a very good view of her.

After the show we had some tea at Cosmic Rays it came to $22.00 but the server behind the counter took my receipt after he gave me my tray.
Hamburger & Fries, Chili-Cheese Fries, Double Cheeseburger & Fries, Coke & large Sprite.

It was 22.00 now and the start of Extra Magic Hours. I hadn’t expected the park to empty but it was still very crowded with most not wearing a wristband, we had gotten ours just after the turnstiles.

We went on the TTA, another first for us and a nice rest for tired legs.

Walked through Fantasyland but it was packed 30 mins for everything. Haunted Mansion was a walk on then we rode the following in this order with 10 mins or less wait on each. Everyone we saw now had a wrist band on.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain

Gavin was chuffed to bits on Buzz ‘*** he scored better than me. He must have found a mega points target, one minute he was on a rubbish 2000 then he has a whopping score of 240000! I only got 47000. We bought the Buzz photo as Gavin was on a high and wanted a reminder even though it didn’t have the score on it $26.58 inc frame.

We got a few Photopass pictures done at various places in front of the castle again although this time in the dark then it was almost 01.00 so time to head for home.

Mug Refills - 2 for me and 1 for Gavin who has taken to drinking Milk
Weather - Breezy and cloudy 87 degrees

Jodie

PART 14 HERE

Last edited by ely3857; 04-26-2007 at 01:03 PM.
ely3857 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

love the adition of the " cars" to the parade in mgm. gavins soarin t-shirt is very nice

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Wow, what a busy day. Great piccies from the Stars & their Cars parade

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Can't wait to see the Cars
Old 10-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Girlsontour
DIS Veteran

No waiting to meet Woody - that must be a first!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great busy day Jodie I love stars in their cars parade

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Girlsontour
DIS Veteran

Oh no, where are the rest of the days????? Is it the food break now????
Old 10-23-2006, 03:05 AM   #9
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Another excellent day ~ Fab piccies Jodie
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 AM   #10
cazzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ely3857

We went on the TTA, another first for us and a nice rest for tired legs.

Jodie
We do this ride nearly everytime we go to MK for that reason, it's a good leg rester.

Lovely photos again.
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani
cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #11
wils
Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on her desktop !!??
Can't stop reading 'Lost' spoilers

I love your photopass photos.

It's a shame that your MK opening was so naff - last time we saw the characters come in on the train and the chosen family sprinkling the pixie dust (yep I cried before I even got into the park!)
Old 10-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Another great day

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
angel659
Have A Magical Day

Hi

A great day. I hope you have seen Fantasmic before? Its amazing a great addition to the parks other than fireworks.

Sounds wonderful trip I am getting excited every minute for ours reading yours.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #14
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great report and pics!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:15 AM   #15
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

Another lovely day, Jodie. I love the MGM parade, you get to see some different characters. And I totally love being in the Magic Kingdom at night, especially when it is quiet.

ArielJasmine
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: