Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
TheGoofster
all I can do is dream about donuts

Resort Bus Routes - Help needed

I am trying to put together a comprehensive listing of all disney busses, and the routes they take from resort to resort before finally going to the Parks.
As I go to the various Disney sites, all they seem to say is that there is Disney Bussing available from every resort to such and such a Park, but as I read these boards, I keep coming across different people recommending a certain resort over another because the bus stops there first, or because it is the first resort to pick up people, etc....
I was hoping to get your help in figuring out which resorts come in which order on the Bus routes.
Most of all, I am interested in knowing about the WL, because that is where we will be staying, but I would love to get as much info as possible about all the resorts.
So if you have experienced bussing from a certain resort, please share with us your knowledge of what order the bus came for you, how long you had to wait (please also specify what time of year), how full the bus was, etc...
Also, if you have any suggestions for alternate bus routes, ones not normally mentioned, feel free to share that as well.
Thank you very much.
TheGoofster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
TheGoofster

Oops, posted this under the wrong place, meant to put it under the Disney Resorts. Please feel free to move it.
thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

The order of the bus stops is not always the same. Maybe at some resorts, yes, but the Transportation folks move buses around as needed. For instance, last time I stayed at WL, the Epcot bus stopped at FW on ONE trip, and not for any of the other trips.

The wait times are very variable, also. Depends on how many people are waiting, how many bus drivers called out sick that day, etc.

My point is, you don't need to gather that much information. This stuff isn't set in stone, and you don't need that level of detail in order to use the system effectively anyway.

What you DO need to know, is how to get from point A to point B. For instance, from WL, you can take a boat to the MK (not sure if there's a bus or not). You take a bus everywhere else. That's the kind of thing you need to know. Everything else can be variable.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
NewEnglandDisney
Just My Opinion. Your mileage may vary.

There is no schedule. There are no routes, per se, and they generally do not go resort to resort. They are controlled by a main dispatch office, so the driver generally does not know trip to trip where they will end up going next.

For the most part, the majority of WDW bus trips are direct. If you get on the MGM bus at Pop Century, you go straight to MGM. If you get on the Pop Century bus at MGM, you will go straight to Pop.

The exceptions are the All-Star Resorts, and I believe POR/POFQ. They *may* share busses; i.e. the bus may stop at All-Star Music and then All-Star Sports.

However, again, most bus trips are direct. Continuing on the Pop/MGM example, though, if the bus from Pop to MGM drops you off, don't expect to stay on the bus and go back to Pop. It doesn't work like that most of the time. Chances are, after his drop off at MGM, the bus driver will have another destination.

I agree with LynnM, I think you may be over thinking it a tad. You get on the bus, it drops you off - that's really all you need to know as far as busses. It's good to know the other transportation available (monorail, boat, etc.) at specific locations, but when you get on a bus all you need to know is what it says on the electronic sign - that's it's next stop.

Hope this helps!

NED
Old 10-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #5
TheGoofster

the problem is, that I still have over a year before my trip, and if I don't find something to keep me busy (planning bus routes for example) I might just go crazy.
I'm really not that worried about it. When we finally do go, we will be there for 11 days (8 on site, 3 off), so we won't be in a hurry to get most places (about the only exception is one character breakfast at CP before the park opens), but I would like to get the best possible idea of what busses, boats, and monorails go where before we actually get there.
I do appreciate the info you gave.
Thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 AM   #6
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

In the mornings during Park opening hours each All Star usually has a dedicated bus.
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back. Each of the All Stars usually has it's own dedicated bus back from the MK.
That is a big plus. It seems like the Music bus stop usually has the shortest of the three All Star bus lines.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #7
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in part three "Selecting your Hotel" it states that the commuting times to the parks from CSR are: 5 mins and 30 secs to MK; 4 mins to Epcot; 4 mis and 45 secs to MGM; and 4 mins and 45 secs to Animal Kingdom. As a comparison from POR it is 12:00 to MK; 8:00 to Epcot; 12:30 to MGM; and 16:15 to AK. See the map below.

Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #8
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********
CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in part three "Selecting your Hotel" it states that the commuting times to the parks from CSR are: 5 mins and 30 secs to MK; 4 mins to Epcot; 4 mis and 45 secs to MGM; and 4 mins and 45 secs to Animal Kingdom. As a comparison from POR it is 12:00 to MK; 8:00 to Epcot; 12:30 to MGM; and 16:15 to AK. See the map below.

Really???? on laughing heres what *I* find and one of the reasons we may be switching??? ( we plan to hit DTD a few times too)

* Add 5-10 minutes at each segment wait time for transportation.
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Magic Kingdom® Park : 18 mins.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Disney-MGM Studios : 13 mins.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Disney's BoardWalk Inn Downtown Disney® Area : 45 mins
Old 10-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by *love*2*shop
Really???? on laughing heres what *I* find and one of the reasons we may be switching??? ( we plan to hit DTD a few times too)

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Magic Kingdom® Park : 18 mins.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Disney-MGM Studios : 13 mins.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Disney's BoardWalk Inn Downtown Disney® Area : 45 mins
According to passporter.com the adverage times from CSR to the parks are:

MK ...........15 minutes
Epcot .......15 minutes
MGM..........15 minutes
AK.............10 minutes
DTD............25 minutes

Of course returning to CSR from the parks may take longer.
I find the wait times returning to any resort from DTD are very long!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

DtD is about a 20 min ride.

I think the Unofficial Guide is clocking the time from leaving the property and not counting the time to drive the loop and stop at the 4 bus stops. but it definitely does not take 18 mins to MK, 13 to MGM or 45 to DtD, that's for sure. Passporter is a bit closer in times but still on the high side. CSR is just down the street from MGM, AK and Epcot as seen on the map.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: