Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

My Revamped Dining Reviews (w/Pics): Finally Finished after a Year

I found it really hard to write these up, I don't know why. So I decided to revamp them and maybe it would help draw me in more. There are just two of us, me and my boyfriend, Eric and we got free ddp.

I'm going to attempt to rate these in some sort of matter, I'll decide that when I finish writing a review.

Day 1:

Breakfast: McDonald's
I'm sure you all wanna hear about our breakfast at McDonald's. We woke up really early, and I'm not usually hungry that early, so I decided we would stop at the McD's across from the airport in Buffalo. They were doing a lot of contruction on the road, but it wasn't hard to get to. There wasn't much of a line. Eric got a bacon, egg, & cheese bagel meal w/a hash brown & OJ. I ordered a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit (my fave) meal w/hash brown & OJ. My mom got the pancakes and a coffee. I appologize for no pictures. I'm sure you are all very disappointed.
Food: A (if you can get past all that yummy grease!)
Atmosphere: A (they started remodeling all the McD's which this really nice earth tones, they really look pretty good, also this one had a walk-up window, like the drive thru )

Lunch:
We actually didn't get lunch at all. We were still full from breakfast. Eric did get some Corona's from Everything POP and we also got the refillable mugs.

Dinner: Chef Mickey's
We actually got to the Contemporary early, so we stopped at the Outter Rim for drinks. I ordered a Cosmic Smuggler. This was actually my favorite drink from the whole trip. Eric ordered a Bud, not exciting at all.

There was a huge line of people waiting at Chef Mickey's. I'm not sure if they had ADRs or if they were walk ups. But the line moved very quickly. I checked in and we were buzzed at our ADR time. At that time there was no line at all.
The food was ok, nothing memorable. There was some sort of chicken that was really good though. I do think that the little Oreo cookies that are shaped like Mickey's are cute.
Goofy was right there when we arrived. Then Minnie came around in no time. We took only about 30 mins to eat and Mickey still hadn't come around. Eric wanted to head back to the hotel, but it's Chef Mickey's, I wanted to see Mickey! So we waited and waited. It really probably wasn't that long, it just seemed that because we weren't doing anything. Chip came around immediately after Mickey.

Food: C
Atmosphere: B (the decor is very bland, nothing to exciting going on; but the characters were very perceptive to the guests)
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family

Last edited by BeckWhy; 09-22-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Changed Title
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
BeckWhy

Day 2:

Breakfast: Main Street Bakery
I wasn't hungry, but Eric was (which confused me because he never eats breakfast). Anyways, he told me and I was like, well I have just the place. We headed to Main Street Bakery. I expected a long line, but there was only about 3 people in front of us. I started pointing out items to Eric. He opted for a bagel with everything and a Powerade. The bagel had really good flavor, I thought. It was really crusty, or something. It kinda hurt my palette (sp) when I took a bite.

Lunch: Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn
Every other trip I have ever gone to the Magic Kingdom we have always ate at the Columbia Harbour House. But I heard a lot of good things about Peco Bill's, so I decided to try it out. We hit it up at about 11:15. It was already really busy. Eric ordered a double bacon cheeseburger and I got the chicken wrap. The cheeseburger was amazing. The cheese (not the cheese sauce, which I didn't care much for, but Eric liked it) they used was so yummy and creamy. I'm not much of a person for cold chicken, but I didn't want to order the same thing as Eric. It was ok, really big though! It had a lot of... lettuce. It should really be called a lettuce wrap. I love WDW fries though. YUMMMMMMY. Anyways for dessert we got the PB brownies, which we didn't eat then. But they were so freaking good! I can't wait to go back and get more!

Food: A
Atmosphere: B- (there didn't seem to be much about it, just kinda plain)

Drinks: Petals
I got a Sunken Treasure and Eric got a Corona. My drink was good.

Food: A-
Atmosphere: B (this sits by the pool which is nice, but it was hot outside)

Dinner: 'Ohana
We waited a really long time to be seated for this one. When we arrived there were many people waiting. But they were still taking walk ups. Anyways, the wait area cleared up and it was 15 mins passed our ADR time. I went up and asked what was going on. They said we would be seated next. Anyways, three families checked in and were seated immediately before we were. We were pretty heated.
I ordered a Lapu Lapu and I talked Eric into getting a Backscratcher. My drink was amazing. The Backscratcher was gross though. I think we woulda felt better about it if we were drinking it as shots and not a mixed drink. It had no major flavor, just a mixture of the liquors it was made with.
The salad came first. This was really good. I had a plate and Eric ate like the rest.
Then the wonton crisps. I don't get them, are they like potato chips? They were ok, better when you dipped them. The peanut sauce was good, which is weird for me because I don't like peanut stuff (only PB and peanuts themselves) and the red sauce was good. The other sauce just tasted like oil.
The veggies didn't have much flavor, just the flavor of the veggies themselves. I don't like shrimp, so I tried a piece and it wasn't good to me. Eric had a couple. The chicken wings, OMG, they were the best thing I have ever eatten in my life. And as many know, they tasted like Christmas to me. That is the best and only way I can describe them. Those potatoes were amazing also.
Then comes the meats. I really liked the sausage and the pork (and I'm not much of a pork person); the steak was good, and the turkey didn't have much flavor.
The dessert, bread pudding with bananas foster sauce was good. The ice cream was really good.
Eric was feeling sick from the drink. It took the waiter forever and a day to bring us our check.

Atmosphere: A (I think this place looks really nice, we didn't sit near the pit and I actually didn't even notice it until we left, but the tables are big and the seats are comfy)
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family

Last edited by BeckWhy; 11-07-2006 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 10-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
eargal
Mouseketeer

Glad you decided to post the reviews here. I'm a type A and I like my food reports on their own thread.
eargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
Sabbie
miss peter pan

Thanks for the Ohana's Review.. my boyfriend and I are going next week, and were a little worried.

I'm so happy to see you went on your anniversary.. I hope you had a great time!!

Former Entertainment Cast Member. Still living the dream!
Sabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #7
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Thanks for the reviews!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:43 PM   #8
BeckWhy

Day 3:

Breakfast: Everything POP
Eric got another bagel with everything and a chocolate milk.
Astmosphere: B+ (I think this place is nice because you can just walk up and fill your cup and leave and it has icees!, the decore is pretty cool, this place is always really busy though, and sometimes can be hard to find a clean table)

Lunch: Toy Story Pizza Planet
I ordered a veggie pizza meal and Eric got a pepperoni pizza meal. I got a rice crispy treat for dessert and Eric got a sugar cookie (which accidently got thrown away). I thought the pizzas were really good until you were eating only crust, which had no flavor what-so-ever. The salads were just a salad (I really liked the salads you got at the Plaza Pavillion in Tomorrowland and these were not like that).

Atmosphere: A (I think this place is fun, especially if you are into arcade games, though there is very limited seating)

Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
This place seemed pretty busy. It was really, really cold inside.
Eric got a Foster's for a drink, I just got a Sprite or something.
For appitizers Eric ordered onion rings and I got spinach dip. The onion rings tasted like they weren't cooked all the way (and Eric hates the flavor of raw onions) and there were no dips, so they weren't very good. The spinach dip was good, the best thing out of the whole meal.
For entrees Eric got the ribs and I got the BBQ chicken sandwich. Neither were good. The ribs tasted undercooked. You had to tear them from the bone. And the sandwich, how do you put BBQ sauce and Gouda on anything and it have NO FLAVOR WHAT-SO-EVER.
For dessert Eric got a strawberry shake and I got a apple crisp, I think. The strawberry shake tasted like a milkshake flavored with Nesquick (sp) strawberry milk mix. If you like that, then it was probably good to you. The apples in my crisp were still raw, but the crisp part of it was ok (would have been better if there weren't nuts in it) and the ice cream was ok.
We waited forever, again, for the waiter with our bill. And again Eric was not feeling well (this time because it was so cold).

Food: D (it would have failed if it weren't for the spinach dip)
Atmosphere: B (the cars and drive-in feel is really cool, but it was so freaking cold!)

Last edited by BeckWhy; 11-07-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 11-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
BeckWhy

Day 4:

This time we both got bagels with everything and Eric also got a bottle of Coca-Cola. I should have made him use his REFILLABLE MUG and not waste a snack credit! Oh well!
Atmosphere: B+

Lunch: Planet Hollywood
We decided to eat here since we had that voucher or whatever. No wait what-so-ever.
Eric got a Foster's for a drink and I got a Sweet Death Becomes Here, which was really good (the waiter suggested it). He asked if we had a voucher and we told him yes and we asked if it was ok for us to just split the burger, and he said that was fine.
We ordered a BBQ bacon cheeseburger. OK... It was good. Had a lot of flavor.. and some flavor that someone should never have. I was eating my half and something wasn't right. The cheese.. they forgot to take the paper off the cheese.

Food: B- (the paper on the burger was such a turn off!)
Atmoshphere: C (it's cool that it's a giant globe and all that, but it felt unfinished, I don't know what it was)

Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
We arrived here early, and we checked in immediately so we could head off to Territory Lounge for drinks. We asked the hostess how long and she said at least 15 - 20 min. Not a problem I thought, we were getting drinks anyways. So we head over to Territory Lounge, the waiter came over and said he would be with us in a minute after we chose what we wanted. He didn't even take three steps from our table and our pager was going off.
As soon as we stepped food into WCC they were doing a ketchup call. Eric turned to me and gave me a funny look. I explained to him what was going on. We were sat in the back corner which is quieter, which is ok by my. It was a really nice area, in fact I may even go so far as saying romantic. There is a fireplace back there. Really nice. Our waiter was Jeffro. The only name I remember. He was, I believe, the most attentive waiter we had the whole trip.
I ordered a bottomless milkshake, chocolate first (then I got a vanilla later). Eric got a Sierra Nevada. We ordered the skillet. The salad was really good, Eric gave me his onions! The cornbread was also good, but the butter that came with it was amazing. LOL! It tasted like it just came from the farm, fresh and creamy and so good.
The skillet came, yummo. The ribs were really good, the chicken was good, the beans, corn, potatoes, and sausage were ehhh. But the star of the show was the pulled pork. Jeffro even brought us out a whole nother helping of it.
Anyways, the next thing that happened was a waiter yelled across the restaurant "EVERYONE BE QUIET! HE'S ON THE PHONE!" (This happened a couple of times through our meal along with a couple of ketchup calls.) Eric thought it was so fun, the antics (I think he really liked it especially since nothing happened to us).
We got our desserts to go. Eric got the smores cheesecake and I got the Kaluha (sp) chocolate cake. I love Kaluha (sp), so I thought it would be good. It turns out the cake had no flavor what-so-ever (but this has been a major problem for me, chocolate cake doesn't taste like chocolate to me ). Eric's cheesecake was really, really good though!

Atmosphere: A (that antics were fun, we felt really good about where they sat us, loved the huge wood, rustic tables)
Old 11-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
BeckWhy

Day 5:

Breakfast: Fountainview Cafe
Knowing that we were going to ride the severe version of Mission: Space I told Eric he had to wait for breakfast until after we rode it. After M:S we headed over to the Fountainview because it was near Club Cool. Eric ordered a blueberry muffin and I got a fruit croussaint (sp). The CM asked if we wanted a drink and Eric was quick to say yes. And I said no we were fine. I had a little surprise for Eric coming up. Anyways, Eric said the muffin was good and my croussaint (sp) was pretty good. It had a pudding or custard inside which didn't have much flavor, but was really good with a piece of fruit. The strawberries were horrible (this tended to be the trend through the whole trip). We headed over to Club Cool right after we were done eating. I said to Eric, "This is why we didn't get a drink: Free drinks here." We tried each of the drinks, while I went frantic (sp) looking for a Beverly to doop Eric into drinking. I have had it before, and yes I had a little bit... it hasn't changed. Anyways, Eric tried it. He didn't like it that's for sure (does anyone know anyone who does like it?) Anyways, he had to call his dad and tell him about it right afterwards.

Food: B
Atmosphere: B (there aren't many seats here and its not really decorated)

Lunch: Seasons
Sunshine Seasons was one of my favorite places to eat at WDW. They revamped it, so I thought we'd give it a try. We each ordered the turkey sandwhich and I got a pop, Eric got a Full Throttle. Eric didn't want dessert, so I picked his out... strawberry shortcake. And I got the key lime pie. The sandwiches were amasing! A new favorite for me. My key lime pie was huge and absolutely devine (I have never had key lime pie before). The strawberry shortcake.. well it didn't taste good, that's because the strawberries were bad or something, and it had too much whipped cream.

Atmosphere: A

Drinks:
We got drinks from some of the countries around World Showcase. Mostly Eric just got beer, but I got a drink here and there too. I'm not an expert on beer, and I don't really like it, so I'm not gonna comment much on these.
UK: Eric got a Harp beer and I got a Woodpecker hard cider. Eric liked the beer, my cider was ok, not enough flavor for me.

France: Eric got a French beer, which I can't pronounce, therefore I cannot even attempt to spell. It started with a K though.

Japan: Eric got Kirin a Japanese beer.

Italy: Eric got a beer here also.

Germany: This is a beer Eric didn't like. They were serving Beck's (which we can get around our town) and Spaten (which I found out later we can get here too). It was a dark beer like Guinnese (sp). It made Eric sick.

That was it for Eric's beer experimentation. The Spaten did him in. I got a Fiesta Margarita in Mexico. Sorry no pic. I don't like mango, so the mango part of it was no good to me. It wasn't my favorite margarita, it didn't taste anything like the margies I get around here. But I did like that it was like an Icee and it was all nice and fine ice.
Food: B (the Spaten kinda ruined it and the mango)
Atmosphere: A (I love the feel of each of the different countries)

Dinner: Le Cellier
There was no one waiting when we checked in, but the dining rooms were busy as all get out. I felt really closterphobic (sp) there. We didn't wait long to be seated, but after we ordered it took forever to get our food. Eric ordered one of the beers with his dinner, which he asked the waitress for recommendation of a light beer, and it turns out it was an amber beer, but went down like a stout.
For apps I got the cheddar cheese soup and Eric got the beed tenderloin kabob. The soup was really good. Rich and creamy. The kabob was also really good. He ordered it medium-well.
For dinner Eric got the BBQ Filet, medium-well (I don't think filets should be cooked that well) and I got the NY Strip. The filet had a lot of flavor, but I felt it was a bit tough. The cream cheese potatoes didn't have much flavor to me. My strip steak was rather large, I ate about a quarter of it. It was good, I'm not a big fan of strip steaks. The potatoes were ok. I'm not a fan of roasted potatoes either.
Eric wasn't feeling well, so he didn't want dessert so I picked something for him again. I ordered him the whiskey cake. I got the berry cobbler. The cake had, again no flavor to me. It was boring..... The cobbler was really good though. Eric kept telling me to slow down! HAHA

Atmosphere: B- (it was loud and crowded)

Last edited by BeckWhy; 11-11-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #11
BeckWhy

Day 6:

Since we didn't use our CS credits the other day, I decided I'd get breakfast for us. I headed to Everything POP and ordered waffle platters (I thought they came with bacon ) and I got an OJ for Eric and a chocolate milk for me.
I brought the food back to the room. I got fruit topping on both of ours. The waffles were really good, until by the time you made it to the center, it was kinda soggy. It's alright, you are pretty much already full by then.

Atmosphere: A (nothing beats eatting in your room)

Lunch: Tusker House
I really wanted to eat at Flame Tree BBQ while in the AK. Unfortunately this didn't work out. We rode EE twice in a row and then Primeval Whirl and both of us were very ill. We needed the a/c. So we got lunch at Tusker House. I have no problem with this place, I like it a lot, I just wanted to try Flame Tree BBQ.
Anyways, Eric ordered a fried chicken sandwich and a cheesecake. I got the rotisseree (sp) chicken and carrot cake.
I didn't try Eric's sandwich but he said it was good. He didn't eat the cheesecake, so I had a bite of it. I felt it had no flavor what-so-ever.
My chicken was really good. Nice and juicey. The potatoes were also good, but the veggies were amasing! The carrot cake was also really good. It was probably one of my favorite desserts the whole trip (except I bit into a piece and there was a piece of nut shell in it and it really hurt my teeth).

Atmosphere: B (I feel seating is limited here, I saw a lot of people looking for places to sit and couldn't find them)

Dinner: Boma
I was really looking forward to this place. We checked in a bit early and they told us we had a wait. So we went to Victoria Falls for drinks. Again, before we could order we were buzzed. This place is really crowded. I barely had room for my purse next to me between me and the person at the next table. And the people at the next table kept making snide comments about me taking pictures of the food (these people were also very upset that they had to go to a buffet, they didn't know what it was, and that they couldn't get into Jiko).
I ordered a Cape something or other for a drink and Eric got a Fosters. I don't remember the name, because I don't think I can pronounce it, not because it wasn't good. It was ok. Really pretty blue color though.
It was a long time ago, so I don't really remember what floated my boat. But I loved the carrot ginger soup! OMG I could have ate only that.
I do remember most of the desserts though, the zebra domes were good. I think, even though I knew they were a mousee (sp), that they would be more like brownies. But they were light and fluffy. Yummy. I really wish I could have brought some home for my mummy. They had a couple little tarts, those were good, except for the ones with the strawberries (same as above).

Food: A (I'm basing it on the fact that I loved the carrot ginger soup)
Atmosphere: B+ (it was really crowded, but I loved the theming)

Drinks: Petals
I ordered a Lava Lamp. It really did look like one, but by the time I go back to the room it was stirred up. It was ok, really sweet.

Food: B
Atmosphere: Same as above
Old 11-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #12
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

I loved the key lime pie at sunshine seasons too! It was sooo good! Thanks for the reviews and pictures!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #13
thompsonsstation2dis
Mouseketeer

Great reviews! DH and I just decided to go to WC based on your review!
thompsonsstation2dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
BeckWhy

Ok... so I am finally adding our very last day of our trip... which for some reason I never did! And when I did start to think about it, I thought I was such a jerk for never finishing them and didn't want to. But here I go now.

Day 7:

We woke up and our ME pick up time was 12:15. We took one last stroll around Pop Century one last time. By the time we got to the food court it was 11:15. I had thought they started serving lunch at 11:00, but I was wrong. We decided to hang around until they started serving.

Lunch: Everything Pop
Eric got through his line in no time. He got a chili cheese dog, fries and a cheesecake. It took me 15 minutes to get my food and there was only 5 people in front of me! I got the parmesian chicken and twinkie tiramisu. I forgot to take pics because we were in such a hurry!

Eric said his hot dog was good. I thought it was a brave choice to get since we would be on and off planes for the next 6 hours. My chicken parm was really good. Except it was really crusty. The roof of my mouth had all sorts of lil scratches on it from the chicken.

Snack: Smoothy Shop in MCO
Eric wanted a smoothy so he went and got one while we waited. It was strawberry. I thought it was really gross. It tasted like plastic.

Anyways just to throw in some pictures since I didn't have any of the food...
Here's some views from the plane. Recognize anything?

Alright.. that's it... sorry it took over a year to finish my report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: