Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #121
MunkyMe13
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw
Yes. Disney changed it's kid meals to healthier choices - the default is now milk or juice, but you can ask to have pop instead. The default is a healthier side (such as carrots) instead of fries as well - you can ask for fries if you prefer.
nice! hubby and I were planning on doing kids meals for lunch since we are tryin to save a bit of money and don't eat much... neither of us are too keen on carrots or milk with a burger or slice of pizza... lol...
MunkyMe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #122
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Any pictures of a Tigger Tail???? Also is there a movie theater (El Capital) in Disney that serves those good looking sundaes in a keepsake bowl???
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #123
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

We were just there this past weekend and although I didn't take pics of everything here are a few.

This is the cookies you can buy and decorate at Big Thunder ranch.

This is the gingerbread:

And this is the Christmas tree

They also have a snowman. To be honest the cookies were really hard and not that great but the kids LOVE decorating them and they do come in a box so you can take them with you.

Then we had lunch at Cafe Orleans.

I had the monte cristo which I have already seen pics of so here is the kids pb&j monte cristo

And this is the seafood crepe which was excellent

And we got one each of the deserts to share. I got the beignets which are already on here and this is the chocolate crepe.

The beignets were good but I prefer the ones at Jazz Kitchen and the crepe was just ok. But I DID like Cafe Orleans. My sandwhich was great and we did get the chocolate coins and a collectible Jack Skellington coin. 3 in fact!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #124
Dis Ohana
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.

This has to be my all time favorite thread! Everything looks so yummy. Do the kids meals still come in those cute collectable containers?
Dis Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #125
booeyjc
Mouseketeer

Fried Chicken (which is usually really yummy, but this time was SOOOO salty ) from the Plaza Inn .....

Last edited by booeyjc; 11-21-2006 at 05:55 PM.
booeyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #126
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by booeyjc
Fried Chicken (which is usually really yummy, but this time was SOOOO salty ) from the Carnation Cafe.....
??? This looks more like Plaza Inn and not Carnation Cafe. I don't think Carnation Cafe serves fried chicken, and it's a table service where they bring you your food, so there wouldn't be a tray.

Sorry it was not good, I love the chicken at Plaza Inn. We used to take a special trip over to Knott's Berry Farm for a fried chicken dinner. But once I tried it at Plaza Inn, we haven't been back to Knott's.

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #127
booeyjc
Mouseketeer

Oops sorry, yes you are right, it was the Plaza Inn. Fixing my post right now
booeyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #128
GoofyasGoofy
Mouseketeer

Where not to eat--sorry no pics!

I had a horrible meal at the BLUE BAYOU. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes for our table, The meal took an hour and fifteen minutes to be served, the management never visited our table, we had three servers who all seemed to not know what was going on, and we still had to pay $60 for our meal. It is a cool setting, but just see it from the ride. I would recomend the plaza over the Bayou anytime.
GoofyasGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #129
XTinabell
My Homemade tag!
Has become one of .... THEM!
I feel all tingly inside!

sorry no pics of BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyasGoofy
I had a horrible meal at the BLUE BAYOU. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes for our table, The meal took an hour and fifteen minutes to be served, the management never visited our table, we had three servers who all seemed to not know what was going on, and we still had to pay $60 for our meal. It is a cool setting, but just see it from the ride. I would recomend the plaza over the Bayou anytime.
I would have to disagree. My DH and I had an amazing time we were told it would be a half hour wait for waterside table (we had reservations) but we were seated within five minutes. Our server was fabulous and made sure we were more than happy. Our view was nice and romantic and the food was unbelievable and it took no time after we ordered to get on our table. Our waiter told us to keep our menus and we were able to keep the treasure chest that came with our dessert. The BB experience was the best dining experience we had. It was so good we forgot to take pictures
Sorry you didn't have a good experience GoofyasGoofy. Did you have reservations? If you didn't that's probably why it took you so long to be seated?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #130
XTinabell
My Homemade tag!
Has become one of .... THEM!
I feel all tingly inside!

Mimi's restaurant by HoJo's

I had the bacon and eggs which was so good I got this for breakfast everyday that we were able.

My DH had the oatmeal that he said was terrific, I don't like oatmeal so it doesn't look apetizing to me but he really liked it.

My mickey shaped pretzel. I was so excited to get this because I had never had one. It was dry and a bit too salty but I still really enjoyed it because it's shaped like mickey.

Last edited by XTinabell; 12-07-2006 at 04:00 PM. Reason: adding a picture
XTinabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #131
GoofyasGoofy
Mouseketeer

THAT PREZEL LOOKS AWSOME!!!!!

--and I had reservations, checked the morning of, and arrived half an hour before my reserv.

I am glad to hear that some had a good experience, but I will never return to the BB--It was that bad.
GoofyasGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #132
tirby
Mouseketeer

All of these look so good! Any Rain Forest Cafe Goodies? Or Jazz Kitchen Express? Thoes are some I am looking for. Or any DT disney food.
tirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #133
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Food Pics from December 14-16

Chicken Soft Tacos from Rancho del Zocalo. Sadly they were greasy and dry at the same time. The beans and rice were good, but the tacos were quite gross.

Pumpkin Muffin from Blue Ribbon Bakery. Really tasty!

Gingerbread man and Hot Chocolate given during the Holiday Tour. Soo good.

Crab Salad Sandwhich from Cafe Orleans. Very good, but way over priced.

Pommes Frites from Cafe Orelans. Hot and crispy with garlic and a really tasty dipping sauce.

Chocolate Crossant from Blue Ribbon Bakery. Mm..chocolate

Fried chicken, mashed potatos and green beans from Plaza Inn. Excellent as always.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #134
Daveland
Daveland

Tinkerbell Twist

Wow! I am getting hungry looking at all these pics of the great food. My suggestion: after you get yourself into a food coma from the beignets, fried chicken, etc...make sure you top it off with a Tinkerbell Twist from the Fantasia Freeze near the Matterhorn. If you like sour stuff, this is the drink for you: sour apple and sour watermelon slushee twisted together. It will perk you right up after all those greasy carbs!
Daveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #135
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakthi View Post
[Chicken Soft Tacos from Rancho del Zocalo. Sadly they were greasy and dry at the same time. The beans and rice were good, but the tacos were quite gross.
]
I have to totally agree with you. We were there this past week and had a taste for something other than the usual so we decided to give Zocalo a try in spite of having read the reviews. I should've known better. DH ordered the carne asada which was dry and tasteless and his tortillas came cold, not very appetizing. I had the soft beef tacos which were disgustingly greasy and ugly. The sides were fine except for the guacamole that was too thin, running down. Very weird. I didn't expect it to be so bad. I was very disappointed, indeed.

Last edited by Shakthi; 01-03-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Shakthi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: