Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #106
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Rancho del Zocalo

Chicken Platters Ė ľ chicken with rice, beans, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa and tortillas. I didnít order this, just took a picture of the sample plates they had. Sorry itís blurry.

Enchilada Platters Ė Sorry, this really didnít come out. One platter comes with 4 cheese enchiladas and all the trimmings, the other comes with 2 enchiladas and a serving of Carne Asada (grilled steak).

Hacienda Ceasar Salad Ė my favorite Ė grilled chicken, lettuce, red bell peppers, cotija cheese, zesty Ceasar dressing (sort of green in color probably has cilantro in it) and topped with tortilla chip strips. There is also a Tostada salad in a fried tortilla bowl, but I didnít get a picture. They toss the salads fresh when you order so you can customize however you would like.

Desserts
Chocolate Cake

Flan, Tres Leches Cake, Fruit Plate

Next: Jan '14 DL / May '14 DCL 2 day to Nowhere / Jul '14 DCL Alaska
Past: Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #107
got2travel
Disney lover

Redd Rocketís Pizza Port

I didnít eat here this trip but I went in to take pictures of the menus and some of the dishes. The way this place works is they make a few plates of each dish and set those out. You walk by and grab what you want and move along. Many people donít know this and sit and wait for someone to take their order so the line moves slow on busy days. Even though dishes are pre-made, if you need something customized all you need to do is ask. Sometimes Iíll order the kids pasta with the cream sauce instead of how they make it with the marinara.

Salad Menu

Planetary Pizza SaladĖ chopped greens, sliced pepperoni, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, feta and mozzarella cheese with vinaigrette dressing.

Starfield of Greens Ė greens, baby lettuce, blue cheese, carmelized walnuts, dried cranberries, tomatoes with vinaigrette dressing. Iíve had this on previous visits and it is very good.

Satellite Special Ė chefís special creation, today it was an asian chicken salad.

Pasta Menu

Kidís Meals

Pizza Menu Ė sorry didnít get a photo of the pizza slices, but they are huge. About ľ of a large pizza.

Past: Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #108
got2travel
Disney lover

French Market

Sample lunch plates
Fried Chicken, French Dip, Barbeque Pork Poí Boy, Beef Stew with or without a bread bowl. Most entrees come with a side salad. Kidís meals include Grilled Chicken Breast, Mac n Cheese, or Chicken Strips. The kids meals are now served with fruit and juice, milk or water, but they will give you fries and soda if you request. The items in the Zero bowls are specialty items to go along with the Haunted Mansion Holiday. One was a Goulash with pasta topped with a sour cream sauce. The other was chicken with a vanilla cream sauce over potatoes (I think). Both came with a bone shaped French roll and you get to keep the dog bowl. (They serve the food in a throw away bowl placed into the dog bowl.

I had the Goulash. It was good, but had big chunks of celery which I hate.

Mint Julep Bar

New Orleans Fritters Ė deep fried dough sprinkled with sugar and served with an apple custard dipping sauce. Personally I prefer the Bengiets from Ralph Brennanís in Downtown Disney. But these were still good.

Mint Julep Ė I like but it is described by some as sugary mouthwash. Itís a non-alcoholic version of the famous Kentucky Derby drink.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #109
got2travel
Disney lover

Taste Pilotís Grill

I didnít eat here, but I did stop by to take a photo of the toppings bar. Itís pretty well stocked: leaf lettuce, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion, sweet pickles, dill pickles, jalapenos, ketchup, mustard, and barbeque sauce. There is mayo in packages. For those familiar with the toppings bars in WDW, those are better, but these are decent enough.

Left side

Right side

White Water Snacks

Shredded Beef Nachos Ė Oh my, this was good!! I was expecting thin strings shredded beef but what I got was big strips of steak on homemade chips, cheese sauce (tasted homemade not canned), real cheddar cheese, guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos and salsa.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #110
got2travel
Disney lover

Corn Dog Castle

Hot Link Corn Dog (sorry took a few bites before I remembered to take a picture). The drink is a Lemon Lime Margarita from Ritaís Baja Blenders. Itís a real margarita with alcohol but the do also serve non-alcoholic versions. They have Lemon Lime and Strawberry.

Poohís Corner

I was getting a Tigger Tail for my son and decided I needed a treat too. I forgot to take a picture of the Tigger Tail, but hereís my Símore. Graham Cracker with marshmallow covered in chocolate. I had to take a few bites so you all could see inside.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #111
mAlien13
Down with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2travel
French Market

The items in the Zero bowls are specialty items to go along with the Haunted Mansion Holiday. One was a Goulash with pasta topped with a sour cream sauce. The other was chicken with a vanilla cream sauce over potatoes (I think). Both came with a bone shaped French roll and you get to keep the dog bowl. (They serve the food in a throw away bowl placed into the dog bowl.

I had the Goulash. It was good, but had big chunks of celery which I hate.
These are great. DH and I are huge NBC fans...do you remember or does anyone know how much these bowls cost each? I would love to get a couple.

DH Me DS 14 DS 11
mAlien13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #112
got2travel
Disney lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAlien13
These are great. DH and I are huge NBC fans...do you remember or does anyone know how much these bowls cost each? I would love to get a couple.

The entree was $12.99 and the bowl came with it. I don't know if you can purchase the bowls separately or not.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #113
got2travel
Disney lover

One thing I forgot to add about the Corn Dogs. All the prices listed include a small bag of potato chips. You can ask for just the corn dog and they'll subtract $1 off the price. These things are so huge you don't really need the chips.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #114
thmar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3
This was the best thing I ate at DL - the Apple Pie Carmel Apple. They sell them at the candy store on Main St and at the store outside of the Winnie the Pooh ride. I believe I saw them at CA too.

The apple is dipped in carmel, then into white chocolate and then sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar....yum!! I think they were charging about $5.00 for these.

WOW...this does look good!! Thanks for sharing...Misskitty3.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #115
thmar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rancho del Zocalo

Hacienda Ceasar Salad Ė my favorite Ė grilled chicken, lettuce, red bell peppers, cotija cheese, zesty Ceasar dressing (sort of green in color probably has cilantro in it) and topped with tortilla chip strips. There is also a Tostada salad in a fried tortilla bowl, but I didnít get a picture. They toss the salads fresh when you order so you can customize however you would like.

OMG...I'm going to have to have this salad the next time I go!! The salads at
Red Rocket Pizza Port looked great, too...as did the condiments from the Pilot Grill....Thanks!!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #116
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

It all looks yummy! Thanks for taking the pics and sharing!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #117
mAlien13
Down with Disney

Quote:
The entree was $12.99 and the bowl came with it. I don't know if you can purchase the bowls separately or not.
Thank You! We'll plan on stopping in here on our upcoming trip.

DH Me DS 14 DS 11
mAlien13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:22 AM   #118
MunkyMe13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamColt
Heres the best I can do...

half eaten beingets at Jazz Kitchen Express

octodog and mac & cheese at Ariel's Grotto

burger & fries at Ariel's Grotto

drinks at the lounge above Ariel's Grotto(the red one was deadly )
I know this is a bit late but were the buckets in the mac and cheese pic the drinks??? if so that is soooo nifty!
MunkyMe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:28 AM   #119
MunkyMe13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Redd Rocketís Pizza Port

I didnít eat here this trip but I went in to take pictures of the menus and some of the dishes. The way this place works is they make a few plates of each dish and set those out. You walk by and grab what you want and move along. Many people donít know this and sit and wait for someone to take their order so the line moves slow on busy days. Even though dishes are pre-made, if you need something customized all you need to do is ask. Sometimes Iíll order the kids pasta with the cream sauce instead of how they make it with the marinara.

Salad Menu

Planetary Pizza SaladĖ chopped greens, sliced pepperoni, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, feta and mozzarella cheese with vinaigrette dressing.

Starfield of Greens Ė greens, baby lettuce, blue cheese, carmelized walnuts, dried cranberries, tomatoes with vinaigrette dressing. Iíve had this on previous visits and it is very good.

Satellite Special Ė chefís special creation, today it was an asian chicken salad.

Pasta Menu

Kidís Meals

Pizza Menu Ė sorry didnít get a photo of the pizza slices, but they are huge. About ľ of a large pizza.

this has probably been answered but can you get a small soda with the kids meal instead of juice or milk (It would be for me and I'm not a fan of either with a dinner type meal)?
MunkyMe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:07 AM   #120
amw
need a new tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyMe13
this has probably been answered but can you get a small soda with the kids meal instead of juice or milk (It would be for me and I'm not a fan of either with a dinner type meal)?
Yes. Disney changed it's kid meals to healthier choices - the default is now milk or juice, but you can ask to have pop instead. The default is a healthier side (such as carrots) instead of fries as well - you can ask for fries if you prefer.

WDW, March 2014 - POR
WDW, March 2013 - Swan
WDW, August 2012 - Beach Club Grand Gathering
DLR, August 2011 - Sheraton Anaheim
WDW, March 2011 - Marriott Sabal Palms
WDW, March 2010 - POFQ & Hilton Clearwater
WDW, Feb 2009 - Poly - a Disney pin sucked me in!
WDW, April 2008 - Bonnet Creek Resort
DLR, March 2007 - Hyatt - First trip ever to DL!
WDW, Sept 2005 - Cypress Pointe
WDW, Nov 2003 - HIFS - First trip with my princesses!
WDW, Nov 1998 - Grosvenor
WDW, Aug 1980 - Fort Wilderness
WDW, Aug 1974 - Fort Wilderness - Toddling my way through MK!
amw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: