Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #91
LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Redd Rockett's Pizza Port

Okay, we also ate at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I read some mixed reviews here, so we went in not expecting anything spectacular. We just wanted something quick before the parade.

I ordered the Countdown Chicken Fusilli. I thought it was wonderful. I love cream sauces. It was a tasty, affordable entree. My BF got the Meatballs Mars-inara. The meatballs were not very good at all, but the sauce was tasty. I think he liked my fusilli better, though!

Chicken Fusilli

Mars-inara

WDW Annual Passholders

Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
Feb. 2007 - WDW - CS
Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - GF
Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
Jan. 2009 - WDW - AKL
Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay (on the monorail line!)
Nov. 2009 - WDW - PO Riverside
Oct. 2011 - WDW - Caribbean Beach

Goals: To visit every Disney park in the world, stay at every WDW hotel, and to visit Tokyo Disney Resort again.
LeeLeeLuvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #92
thmar
DIS Veteran

Thank you, LeeLee... I especially loved the picture of BB dining!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #93
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

That Creme Brulee looks sooooo good. Is that a choc treasure chest with a biscotti with it? I think I really gotta talk DH in to eating here, especially since I now know about the $5 split plate charge.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #94
LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Creme Brulee

The creme brulee was excellent. You get three different flavors - the largest is the vanilla bean (basically regular creme brulee) and the other two are chocolate and passion fruit.

The treasure chest is considered edible, but it is hard as a rock and I think you'd break some teeth trying to eat it! We brought it home as a souvenir. The waiter basically said don't get it wet and it will be just fine.

The cookies were Brittany cookies, and we didn't think they were that great. They were okay. But, the creme brulee was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73
That Creme Brulee looks sooooo good. Is that a choc treasure chest with a biscotti with it? I think I really gotta talk DH in to eating here, especially since I now know about the $5 split plate charge.

WDW Annual Passholders

Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
Feb. 2007 - WDW - CS
Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - GF
Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
Jan. 2009 - WDW - AKL
Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay (on the monorail line!)
Nov. 2009 - WDW - PO Riverside
Oct. 2011 - WDW - Caribbean Beach

Goals: To visit every Disney park in the world, stay at every WDW hotel, and to visit Tokyo Disney Resort again.
LeeLeeLuvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #95
eatmypixiedust
I'm coming to you live from Disneyland on my sidekick 3
Yes but the PHAT kind. That makes you cool!

Location: As long as there are Dole Whip Floats I'm a happy camper :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Okay, we also ate at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I read some mixed reviews here, so we went in not expecting anything spectacular. We just wanted something quick before the parade.

I ordered the Countdown Chicken Fusilli. I thought it was wonderful. I love cream sauces. It was a tasty, affordable entree. My BF got the Meatballs Mars-inara. The meatballs were not very good at all, but the sauce was tasty. I think he liked my fusilli better, though!

Chicken Fusilli

Mars-inara

Oooh, I had this at DCA once at Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Same pasta and it was pretty good
Old 11-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #96
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Carnation Cafe

Here are a few photos of our meal at Carnation Cafe last week. We had the Kid's Mac & Cheese, Loaded Baked Potato Soup and the Smoked Turkey Sandwich with a cup of soup.

The soup was really, really good and I really recomend ordeirng it! DH said his sandwich was good too. DS didn't eat much of the macaroni but DD liked it.

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #97
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Rancho Del Zocalo

We ate dinner at Rancho on Wednesday night. The 4 of us (DS is 3 & DD is 1) shared one plateful of food and we were stuffed. We had the Red Chile Enchiladas. The plate came with 4 enchiladas, rice, beans, lettuce, guacamole and sour cream. I believe it was $9 or $10 for everything.

Sorry the pictures is a bit blurry....
Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #98
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Goofy's Kitchen/Birthday Cupcake

Thursday morning we had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. It was great. We had PS at 7am so we got in and out before the crowds arrived.

Here is a picture of DS's breakfast.

DD celebrated her birthday so they brought her a cute cupcake and sang to her. The cupcake tasted pretty good too.

We thought the food was excellent. Very comparable to what you would find at a nice hotel buffet. We had eggs benedict, yummy bacon, good coffee and lots and lots of pastries & desserts. We would definitely go here again.

The characters consisted of: Baloo, Goofy, Pluto, Alice, Chip & Dale and Peter Pan.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #99
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Blue Ribbon Bakery

Here are a few pictures from the bakery.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #100
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Happiest Birthday Party at the Plaza Inn

Here are a few pictures from the Birthday Party at the Plaza Inn. The CM's that worked this event were AWESOME!!! They made it really fun, all wore party hats just like the "guests" and were very enthusiastic. I definitely recomend this. Mickey & Minnie came out at the end for photos.

BTW, at the end of the party, they give everyone take out containers and bags to take their cake home in case you don't want to eat it there.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #101
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Ariel's Grotto

Ariel's Grotto had some great food (contrary to what I had read here). We had the Penne Pasta and the Meatloaf. Both of us also had the starter salad. For dessert I had the Rocky Road Ice Cream Sundae & DH had the regular Sundae. We shared our meal with both kids and had plenty of food.

The service was a bit poor in that they served our salads and entrees within 2 minutes of each other. I ate my pasta first (while it was still warm) and then finished with the salad. They also were very quick to ask if they could take things off the table like the bread basket, salad plates etc. Normally this would be fine but I had hardly eaten 1/4 of meal and to be asked if they could take stuff away seemed a little strange.

The princess were VERY nice and they consisted of Ariel, Mulan, Cinderella, Snow White & Belle.

My one complaint about Ariel's Grotto was that it was VERY, VERY loud inside. They must have horrible accoustics because everything echoed and there was just a lot of noise. Next time, I would consider sitting outside (if the weather was warm enough) to avoid the noise level. It was also somewhat dark inside the restaurant so we weren't able to use our video camera.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #102
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Cafe Orleans

We had lunch at Cafe Orleans.

I was pretty impressed with their menu. Lots of good choices for adults and kids. DS had the Citrus marinated Chicken. We had shared the Monte Cristo. I had never had a Monte Cristo before and I thought it was pretty yummy but very, very rich. I had 1/4 of the sandwich and that was plenty due to its richness. The berry dipping sauce was very yummy. DH ate 3/4 of the sandwich and he ended up not liking it at all because it was just to rich. One thing to not is that this is a deep fried sandwich that is first coated in some sort of batter. I believe a normal Monte Cristo is more like a french toast and pan fried.

The service was excellent and they brought DS & DD complimentary carrots & dip. They also gave us chocolate gold coins for dessert plus a "special" collectors limited edition pirate coin.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #103
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Carnation Cafe - Breakfast

Carnation Cafe for breakfast on Saturday. I had the Cinnamon Roll French Toast, DS had the Mickey Waffles and DH had the Scramble. The service was great, the coffee good and the Cinnamon Roll French Toast was YUMMY especially since they serve it with a side of Cream Cheese Frosting.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #104
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Apple Pie Carmel Apple

This was the best thing I ate at DL - the Apple Pie Carmel Apple. They sell them at the candy store on Main St and at the store outside of the Winnie the Pooh ride. I believe I saw them at CA too.

The apple is dipped in carmel, then into white chocolate and then sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar....yum!! I think they were charging about $5.00 for these.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #105
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Looks like misskitty and I got some of the same things photographed, but I'll post what I have anyway.

I was on a solo trip so I didn't have a lot of meals to take pictures of, but a lot of times I just took pictures of the sample plates they had out.

I had a request for the goodies at Blue Ribbon Bakery, so here they are

I also had a request for Turkey Legs, which I thought I could get pretty easily just by taking a picture of the carts. But they are already in a bag in the case on the cart so you can't see them. Sorry.

Here's another request though

Bengal Barbeque

Banyon Beef Skewer – hot and spicy. This really is spicy. I like spicy food and can tolerate medium and hot salsa. This sauce left a sting in my mouth. If you don’t like spicy or can handle too spicy, you probably shouldn’t get this flavor.

Safari Skewer – bacon wrapped asparagus. My favorite and a yummy way to eat your veggies. There’s no sauce on this, it’s just flavored by the flame and the bacon.

Next: Jan '14 DL / May '14 DCL 2 day to Nowhere / Jul '14 DCL Alaska
Past: Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: