Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #76
veek
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry guys but to me all of these dishes seem so fat and greasy
Is there any way to eat vegetarian or healthier things over there? Maybe you won't believe me but that worries me a lot.
veek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:04 PM   #77
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

As far as I have seen, they usually always have other vegetarian offers on the menus at DL.

On the other hand ... I have to try the Monte Cristo ... hard to believe I have walked by that countless times and never even knew that was there!!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #78
thmar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by veek
I'm sorry guys but to me all of these dishes seem so fat and greasy
Is there any way to eat vegetarian or healthier things over there? Maybe you won't believe me but that worries me a lot.
Don't worry they have plenty of healthier offerings, as well as, vegetarian. I usually eat on the healtier side (even though I'm a meat eater) and have found plenty of healthy freindly meals there....but I must admit I do enjoy having some of the goodies pictured here once in a while.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #79
veek
Earning My Ears

Really good to know, thanks a lot
Old 10-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #80
thmar
DIS Veteran

These links will show either menus or which restaurants in Disneyland that are vegetarian friendly.

http://www.allears.net/dlr/tp/dl/dl_rest.htm

http://www.*****************/Disneyla...s/dlmenus.html

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
Old 10-23-2006, 03:11 AM   #81
veek
Earning My Ears

Great!! I'm printing that :D
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #82
crossfamily
DIS Veteran
Man do I like to start stuff!

Thanks for the pics from everyone. I am going to DL in Jan with my dd2 and ds3. Got really cheap plane tickets. Figured if dh and ds9 could go skiing then I can go to dl. This will be a real budget trip but if anyone could recomend any place to eat that is a must I really would appreciate it. First timer here and I can't wait. I absolutely love chocolate so after looking at all the pics I know I am gonna be in heaven.
crossfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #83
GailT
I'm ba-ack!!!!
I'm so bad I'm good
Loves pea soup

Looks like I am watching what I eat here at home for a few months to get into my size 10 jeans real comfortable then I'll go to DL and gain it all back. the food pictures were great, I guess I should learn how to post pics so I can do the same
Old 10-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #84
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

I made a separate thread with this, but didn't get much response. So I'll post the question here. I'll be in the parks this weekend and am willing to eat where ever you would like to see pictures of. I've already gotten Bengal Barbecue and the turkey legs. Anything else you'd like to see?

Next: Jan '14 DL / May '14 DCL 2 day to Nowhere / Jul '14 DCL Alaska
Past: Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #85
thmar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2travel
I made a separate thread with this, but didn't get much response. So I'll post the question here. I'll be in the parks this weekend and am willing to eat where ever you would like to see pictures of. I've already gotten Bengal Barbecue and the turkey legs. Anything else you'd like to see?
Actually I'd love to see pictures of any of the foods...whatever you feel like eating!

God Bless...

thmar
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #86
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2travel
Good pics at the bakery's of all the yummies there would be great!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #87
LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Carnation Cafe

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I just got back from Disneyland a few days ago and we took pictures of all our food to share with you! I hope this post works because I've never posted photos before...but here goes!

We had breakfast one morning at Carnation Cafe. It was our EE day...we spent an hour riding almost everything in FantasyLand and then our caffeine addiction led us back to Main Street. We got in just in time...there were only a couple of tables left, and halfway through our meal, we noticed a line of people waiting to get in.

This breakfast was memorable for two reasons. First of all, the food was absolutely delicious. We both wanted bigger stomachs so we could eat it all. However, we both have issues with our digestive system, and the rich food upset both of us...so I'd suggest being careful here if rich food is upsetting to your system.

My BF had Oscar's Choice-The Cafe Scramble and I had the Apple Pancakes.

WDW Annual Passholders

Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
Feb. 2007 - WDW - CS
Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - GF
Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
Jan. 2009 - WDW - AKL
Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay (on the monorail line!)
Nov. 2009 - WDW - PO Riverside
Oct. 2011 - WDW - Caribbean Beach

Goals: To visit every Disney park in the world, stay at every WDW hotel, and to visit Tokyo Disney Resort again.
LeeLeeLuvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #88
LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

French Market

Looks like my last post worked! YAY!

On our first day at Disneyland, we had lunch at the French Market in New Orleans Square. It was a Wednesday, and not crowded at all in the park, but we went at peak time for lunch and we had to wait 10-15 minutes in line.

My boyfriend ordered one of the special entrees that they had for the Haunted Mansion Holiday/Nightmare Before Christmas theming. It was called Sally's Seared Chicken. I guess he was feeling adventurous, because I looked at it and it sounded gross. He didn't end up liking it and neither did I. It was chicken with vanilla sauce on it (UGH) and rice and bread that was baked into a bone shape! I had the Beef Stew in the bread bowl. It was a tad salty for me, but otherwise was good. Our shared dessert was a Pumpkin Pie Tart...can you say YUMMY? Oh, it was soooo good!

WDW Annual Passholders

Feb. 2007 - WDW - CS
Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
Jan. 2009 - WDW - AKL
Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay (on the monorail line!)

Goals: To visit every Disney park in the world, stay at every WDW hotel, and to visit Tokyo Disney Resort again.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #89
LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Blue Ribbon Bakery

We stopped at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street one evening to get sweets. The line was long, but moved fairly quickly. I picked out the Mickey Pumpkin Cookie and I think my boyfriend got a Cinnamon Twist.

Well, the cookie tasted nothing like I imagined. I thought it was a pumpkin-flavored cookie with some chocolate on it. It turned out to be an absolutely tasteless cookie (it wasn't even sweet!) in the shape of a pumpkin with Mickey on it in white chocolate. Very, very disappointing. My BF didn't like his Cinnamon Twist either...it was very dry and not very flavorful. We were so bummed out. I guess we picked out the wrong things. UGH!

Here's a pic of my cookie...at least it's cute!

WDW Annual Passholders

Feb. 2007 - WDW - CS
Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
Jan. 2009 - WDW - AKL

Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #90
LeeLeeLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Blue Bayou

This was a budget trip for us, so we weren't planning to eat at Blue Bayou. But, after looking at the menu on the first day, as well as seeing the restaurant from the Pirates ride, we both decided we wanted to eat there!

We made PS arrangements for lunch on our last day there.

Overall, our BB experience was awesome. They got us seated right on time. We had a good table...we could see the ride from where we sat. Probably the only downside was that our waiter was not very friendly. He barely said anything to us and didn't smile. Other waiters seemed a lot nicer and more Disney-like. But, our guy was efficient...we got what we wanted/needed in a very timely manner.

I loved the Wedge Salad that we got before the entree. My BF thought it was okay, but he's not big on vinaigrette dressing. He's a Ranch kind of guy.

I got the Port Royal Mahi Mahi which was very, very good. It had two shrimp on top of it. I wish there was a tad more fish or shrimp and less lettuce, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

My BF got the Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop. It was absolutely delicious. The potatoes on the side are very rich, though. Good, but rich.

For dessert, we shared the Tortuga Trio of Creme Brulee. YUM!!!!

All in all, BB is top-notch. We'll definitely eat there the next time we go to DLR!!

Wedge Salad

PR Mahi Mahi

M-B B Pork Chop

TT of Creme Brulee

WDW Annual Passholders

Feb. 2007 - WDW - CS
Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
Jan. 2009 - WDW - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: