Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #3211
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I love Figment's Mardi Gras attire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allyandaveri View Post
Thank you Figment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I love love love Figment's mask! Thanks for sharing your reviews with us
Thanks! Figment enjoys getting to debut new costumes on his trips to DLR. At the rate he's going, he's going to need his own suitcase.

Blue Bayou - It's been years since Figment's eaten at the Blue Bayou, but it had some pretty yummy sounding things on the menu for Mardi Gras. This was the special menu for Mardi Gras:

Bread Service - The meal started with some rolls and butter.

Firefly Mint Julep - Tasted the same as the one from the Mint Julep bar. Very yummy, but the glow cube was much more pronounced in the Blue Bayou's relative darkness.

Gumbo - All of the entrees come with a cup of the gumbo. It had a mild kick to it, but nothing Figment couldn't handle. He was surprised how good it was!

Buccaneer's Boneless Beef Short Ribs - The meat had good flavor and was really tender. The potatoes were also good.

Bouillabaisse - Lots of yummy seafood (shrimp, clams, mussels, lobster) and broth. The bread service was really useful for soaking up the last of the broth.

Fresh Fried Apple Fritters a la Mode - Yummy! Apple fritters with a tart apple sauce underneath. They were really good.

Carthay Circle - Gong Hay Fat Choy! Today, Figment headed over to DCA to check out the Lunar New Year celebration and have lunch at Carthay Circle.
Bread Service - The meal started out with a half loaf of warm bread. Figment didn't really eat much of the bread because there were better things coming!

Carthay Signature Fried Biscuits - Figment's favorite food at Carthay Circle! They're so good...crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.

Udon Noodle Bowl - After looking at this every time he's gone, Figment finally decided to try to the Udon Noodle Bowl. He asked for it to be made mild and it was really good!

Roasted Organic Chicken Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad - The salad was very light and refreshing. Lots of very tender and moist chicken and a good dressing.

Kobe Beef Sliders - Three cute little "hamburgers"...they were so good! Figment ended up eating them without the bread, but the meat was so tender and very flavorful!

Truffles - Figment's family was celebrating an anniversary, so the server brought out two plates of truffles. One was hazelnut filling with a milk chocolate shell (lighter colored) and the other was a dark chocolate filling with a dark chocolate shell. So good!

Jolly Holiday and Coke Corner - After checking out the Lunar New Year celebration and the Mad T Party, Figment headed back over to Disneyland for fireworks and a late dinner.
Hot Dog and Chips - It's a tradition for Figment to get a hot dog from Coke Corner at least once. This time he ate two!

Hot Angus Roast Beef on Toasted Onion Roll and Tomato Basil Soup - The sandwich had very good flavor and lots of meat. The chips were the thicker kind and very good (especially dipped in the soup). It was pretty cold out, so Figment wanted soup as well. It was warm and yummy.

Chicken Waldorf on Brioche and Tomato Basil Soup - A salad as a sandwich! Very good and filling.

Next time...Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Brunch and Miscellaneous Snacks!

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Corrected photo link
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #3212
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Just LOVE Figment's outfits. He's so photogenic too! All that food looks so good. Now I'm hungry.

Caseystigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #3213
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
Just LOVE Figment's outfits. He's so photogenic too! All that food looks so good. Now I'm hungry.
Thanks! Continuing now...

Jolly Holiday - Figment had breakfast at the Jolly Holiday on his last morning at DLR. (He apologizes for the bad lighting in these photos...I guess he was to hungry to try and move out of the shadow!)
Chocolate Muffin - Rich flavor and very dense!

Blueberry Muffin - It was still steaming when Figment cut it in half. Very yummy!

Cinnamon Roll - It was huge! Lots of good gooey glaze.

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Sunday Brunch - It's a tradition to have brunch at Brennan's before Figment heads home.
Mint Julep and Raspberry Lemonade - It was mardi gras and blinky light cups seem to fit so well! The mint julep was pretty good, but different from the one in Disneyland. The raspberry lemonade was slightly tart, but good.

Bourbon Street Sampler - Still really good!

Crab Cakes & Eggs - Figment really likes this one, so he ordered it again.

Creole Caesar Salad with Chicken - After all that rich food, it was time for a nice salad.

Shrimp & Grits - A bit spicier than normal, but still really good!

Overall, Figment really enjoyed his trip to Disneyland and eating his way through the parks. He has a few more photos of things he didn't eat, so those will come next time.

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #3214
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Loving all the pics! Thanks for posting. Figment, I'd love to dine with you!

DLH May 2013, PPH Feb 2014, GCH Sept 2014
TheChapman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #3215
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChapman6 View Post
Loving all the pics! Thanks for posting. Figment, I'd love to dine with you!
Thanks!

Okay, well, we're now onto the food that Figment saw, but did not eat.
Mickey Mouse Sourdough Bread - So cute! They also had a snake bread for Lunar New Year, but it was kind of creepy looking.

For the Lunar New Year celebration, they were selling steamed pork boa. Figment could not believe the price! They wanted $5.25 for one (smallish) bun. He's used to the higher theme park prices, but even this one surprised him. Not surprisingly, they really didn't seem to be selling very many.

Here are some of the yummy, sugary treats at Pooh's Corner Candy Shop.
Mickey Mouse Rice Crispie Treats - Very colorful!

Mickey Ear Hat Brownies - Figment was thinking of trying one of these, but then he remembered that lunch was coming soon, so he decided to wait until his next trip. They look good!

Tigger Tails - Figment is still surprised they don't have these in WDW.

Candied Applies - It's always fun to watch them make the apples. Figment would love it if they had a candy apple making class!

Well, that's all of the photos from Figment's Mardi Gras trip to Disneyland. He's off to Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival next month. Hope to see some of you on the WDW food photo thread!

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #3216
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

BOA!!!

I love bao.... especially from downtown Oakland where it is made fresh daily...

thanks for more great pics!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #3217
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

What a great thread! So much good looking food, I don't know how I'm going to decide. We've only got 3 days to eat it!

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #3218
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Just giving this a bump in hopes of some new pictures!

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #3219
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Pacific Wharf Cafe Breakfast Sandwich

We just returned from 4 days in DL and some great eats. We spent our first morning at DCA and started with breakfast at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. We each ordered the same thing, a croissant breakfast sandwich minus the bacon.

This was served with a nice portion of fruit as a side, but the CM didn't offer us anything in exchange for the bacon. An extra piece of cheese or some extra fruit would have been nice, since this was on the costly side for an egg and cheese sandwich.

We didn't enjoy this at all. The croissant was on the sweet side to serve as the bread for a savory sandwich. The cheese was hard and cracked in half, and there was no attempt to melt it. The eggs were so heavy, dry and tasteless. We will definitely never order this again.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #3220
DLFan123

Lunch at Flo's V8 Cafe

We did much better for lunch.

Again, we both ordered the same thing, the veggie tater bake. We had one with coleslaw, which was absolutely delicious. The other we ordered with peas and carrots as our side, but I can't find the pic of that one. This is served with a nice warm, soft roll with some mild herbs baked in.

We would both order this again. Here is a shot of the inside.

This is a vegetarian meal made with Boca crumbles instead of meat. It is sooo good! I have heard meat eaters love it too.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #3221
faith313
Mouseketeer

duhhh duh dhuh dhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

CARNATION CAFE & THEIR FRIED PICKLE GLORY:
Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #3222
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith313
duhhh duh dhuh dhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

CARNATION CAFE & THEIR FRIED PICKLE GLORY:
This is cruel cruel cruel ...... 22 more days! Made a reservation there solely for PICKLES!!! And I'm sure my kids will love the painters plate sandwich building...

SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #3223
faith313
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDisneyFam View Post
This is cruel cruel cruel ...... 22 more days! Made a reservation there solely for PICKLES!!! And I'm sure my kids will love the painters plate sandwich building...
While they have good burgers and other food, the paramount reason that we frequent CC every SINGLE trip is indeed the FRIED PICKLES.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #3224
DLFan123

Ice Cream from Main Street

My choice this time: a strawberry single scoop in a kid's cone.

Uncharacteristic for me, but it was very refreshing on a hot day!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #3225
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

The crab cakes w/ eggs looks soooo yummy!
awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: