Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #3196
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
I read somewhere that Disneyland's Mint Julep has 108 grams of sugar. Does it really taste that sweet? I wonder if you can request no sugar added...
I don't know about the amount of sugar in grams. The drink itself is pretty sweet, but not sweeter than a fruit punch/Hi-C/Coke. You can't ask for no sugar added because the drink is poured from a pre-made pitcher at the restaurant. It would kind of like trying to ask for regular Coke without sugar. They don't pour any additional sugar into the cup before or after pouring the drink, if that's what you are wondering. They add ice to the cup, pour the drink, and then top it off with a couple of cherries.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #3197
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

So excited, making a last minute, like I booked the room yesterday and we leave tomorrow morning....trip! Can't wait to eat my way through the whole resort again!! I will once again take plenty of good food pictures, including the special items for Mardis Gras. Will be there for Valentines day, had to settle for Wine country Trattoria because everywhere else was fully booked. Even the waiting list at Napa was full. We have never eaten there before so I hope it is good. Maybe they will do something special for the day, the other restaurants have prix fix menus. I am going to call dining every day to see if something opens up somewhere else. Does anyone here like the Trattoria?

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #3198
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
So excited, making a last minute, like I booked the room yesterday and we leave tomorrow morning....trip! Can't wait to eat my way through the whole resort again!! I will once again take plenty of good food pictures, including the special items for Mardis Gras. Will be there for Valentines day, had to settle for Wine country Trattoria because everywhere else was fully booked. Even the waiting list at Napa was full. We have never eaten there before so I hope it is good. Maybe they will do something special for the day, the other restaurants have prix fix menus. I am going to call dining every day to see if something opens up somewhere else. Does anyone here like the Trattoria?

Have a wonderful time!! I have heard some really good things about it. I have never eaten there but I know people that have.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #3199
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My family had eaten there a couple of times and we liked it alot. Good food, nice atmosphere. Hope you like it... or that something else you really want opens up.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #3200
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have lots of fun! How exciting to take a spur of the moment trip!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #3201
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I want a spur of the Moment trip . But have a great time we will be eagerly awaiting your pic . Love love eating through my trip, to bad we have to sleep, that would give us so many more hours!!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #3202
Lights_Out
"Disneyland is not a museum."

I have two questions about Napa Rose...

1) Do you have to sit at the Vintner's table to order the Vintner's tasting menu?

2) How much should I tip? We will be a party of 2 both ordering the Vintner's tasting menu (we don't drink so no wine)... that's about $90 x2 (=$180ish)

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #3203
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights_Out View Post

1) Do you have to sit at the Vintner's table to order the Vintner's tasting menu?

2) How much should I tip? We will be a party of 2 both ordering the Vintner's tasting menu (we don't drink so no wine)... that's about $90 x2 (=$180ish)

Thanks!
1) No

2) Tip according to the service you receive. We normally tip 20% unless something was really bad - at Napa Rose, because we normally receive impeccable service, we will go as high as 30% or so. 15% should be a bare minimum, however.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #3204
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights_Out

2) How much should I tip? so
Tip like you would at any other restaurant
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #3205
Lights_Out
"Disneyland is not a museum."

Thank you both!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #3206
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Figment's Mardi Gras Celebration

Hi All - Well, Figment just got back from another trip to Disneyland. This time, he went to go see the Mardi Gras and Lunar New Year celebrations. Overall, the Mardi Gras celebrations was much better than Lunar New Year. As usual, his trip focused on food!

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen - The trip started with dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.
Bourbon Street Sampler - Fried calamari, meat pies, fried Parmesan artichoke hearts, coconut shrimp. As usual, everything tasted really good. Figment's favorites are still the calamari and artichoke hearts.

Creole Onion Soup - The soup had a kick to it!

Pasta Jambalaya - Lots of yummy seafood!

Panéed Chicken & Bercy - So good! The chicken is nice and crispy on the outside, with a very flavorful sauce.

Pecan Crusted Salmon - Nice and moist salmon with a slightly sweet pecan crust. Figment substituted the grits and they were very yummy.

Beignets - Always a favorite at Brennan's!

French Market - Laissez les bons temps rouler! There were a couple of really good offerings around New Orleans Square for Mardi Gras.
[/I]Shrimp Corn Fritters[/I] - crispy fritters with a fair amount of shrimp inside. The creole mustard dipping sauce was pretty good. The root vegetable slaw...well, not so much (but then again, Figgy's not a big root vegetable fan).

French Dip - Yummy!

Marinated Shrimp Salad Sandwich - Lots of big shrimps!

Firefly Mint Julep - A regular mint julep, but with a glow cube!

Mardi Gras cupcakes - There were two different cupcakes. One was a red velvet with a tower of purple and green frosting (not cream cheese based) (top) and the other was a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and cookie mask (bottom). Figment's favorite was the chocolate/chocolate mousse cupcake. So yummy!

Next time...Blue Bayou (for more Mardi Gras celebration), Jolly Holiday, Carthay Circle and much more!

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-14-2013 at 04:07 PM.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #3207
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I love Figment's Mardi Gras attire!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #3208
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Thank you Figment!

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #3209
MorganM
Mouseketeer

I love love love Figment's mask! Thanks for sharing your reviews with us
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #3210
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Looking at this post makes me sad to think that I have no Disneyland trips in the future since now I live so far away

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: