Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #3046
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerluvr View Post
This looks like a chile relleno, and maybe a taco on the far side of the plate. Thanks for all your gorgeous pics; I just ate lunch a little while ago but now my mouth is watering!
yes, you are correct except it was apparently a fajita!
Honestly, even with 13 full days in the parks, there was just not enough time to eat everything we wanted to try! It's a darn good thing you end up walking so many miles in a day to wear it off!! I have never yet gained weight on a Disneyland holiday even with eating all this good food and desserts!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #3047
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
yes, you are correct except it was apparently a fajita!
Honestly, even with 13 full days in the parks, there was just not enough time to eat everything we wanted to try! It's a darn good thing you end up walking so many miles in a day to wear it off!! I have never yet gained weight on a Disneyland holiday even with eating all this good food and desserts!
That is so true Smiley. It is just part of the Dland magic I think (or maybe it is the hours and hours of walking). I can eat all sorts of naughty things I would never allow myself to consider in a normal day. A churro here, an ice cream cone there, some buttered popcorn, then fried chicken and mashed potato and still I end my trip at DLand pretty much the same weight I started.
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #3048
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2
Blue Bayou
The crab cakes were not as good as I remember, and not as good as the ones I ate in San Francisco I would not get them again. Hubbys beef was delicious as was daughters salmon, and grandsons salmon in his childs meal was amazing, I wish you could order off the childs menu!! loll.....forgot to take a pic of daughters cajun spiced salmon, it was yummy except for the goats cheese in it, I do not like goats cheese very much. I thought if I could order it without the goats cheese, that is what I would order next visit.

roasted strip loin

crab cakes, one missing because I shared with daughter

childs portion salmon and pasta, the salmon came as a solid piece, daughter had cut it up when I took the picture

vanilla bean creme brulee
Great pics smiley_face2!!! It made me smile to see your hubby's shirt (HM LE Shag shirt) my hubby has the same one! Quite the conversation piece. But back to what this thread is about...thanks so much for posting all of your great food pics!!

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #3049
Kassxcourage
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I just started visiting the disboards and this is my favourite thread!~ More pics please! :D My first trip is in 20 days and this is definitely helping the countdown, haha.

California/Disneyland Aug/Sep 2012~
Kassxcourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #3050
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassxcourage View Post
I just started visiting the disboards and this is my favourite thread!~ More pics please! :D My first trip is in 20 days and this is definitely helping the countdown, haha.

Your trip is soooo close!! Have a great time!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #3051
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a suggestion for the cheapest, healthiest option at the Carthay Circle? I am thinking either the soup or the ceviche.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #3052
huahuamick
Earning My Ears

That is so true Smiley. It is just part of the Dland magic I think (or maybe it is the hours and hours of walking). I can eat all sorts of naughty things I would never allow myself to consider in a normal day.
huahuamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #3053
Kassxcourage
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Your trip is soooo close!! Have a great time!!
Thank you so much! It is really really close, I almost cannot believe it! Best 18th birthday present ever in my opinion. So much better than going out and getting wasted like other 18 year olds my age like to do. :D

California/Disneyland Aug/Sep 2012~
Kassxcourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #3054
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Yeah.. I'd much rather go out and get wasted on pixie dust... and a few

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #3055
chickyann
Mouseketeer

awesome pics, thanks to all who have shared recently
Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #3056
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
Plaza Inn
I have posted pictures of the chicken dinner a few times before, so I didn't take any this time, but we had the new strawberry shortcake dessert, and the chocolate cake both of which were sooooooooooooo good!!

and we planned the meal so we would be sitting there outside at the edge of the patio when the parade was going by at 6:30 it was awesome!!
This thread was on page 3!! and there are people looking for recommendations of what to eat at Disneyland.... A picture paints a thousand words!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #3057
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I ended up getting the ceviche. It was really good, especially on a hot day!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #3058
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

American Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Bacon and a Biscuit. $7.99 (Substitued Fruit for Eggs)- Flo's Cafe DCA

Brioche French Toast - Baked and served with Salted Caramel Sauce and Bananas. $6.99 - Flo's Cafe DCA YUMMMY!

Seasonal Fruit Plate - Served with Low-fat Yogurt and Blueberry Muffin. $5.49Flo's Cafe DCA

Soft Tacos Monterrey - "Fajita Style" Beef, Chicken, or Vegetables, topped with Cheese and served in Flour Tortillas. $9.99 - Rancho Del Zocalo DL

Cinnamon Crisps Rancho del Zocalo - DL

Chase Pilots Cheddar Burger - The classic burger with a slice of Cheddar cheese $9.49 - Taste Pilots Grill DCA

Boardwalk Field Greens - Fresh Greens, Topped with Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, Cucumbers, Craisins® Dried Cranberries, Caramelized Pecans, Golden Raisins with a Basil Vinaigrette. $7.49 - Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta DCA (Much Smaller. Pre-made, no longer tossed with dressing. Dressing & Blue Cheese now on side.)
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #3059
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home

ESPN Zone

White Russian

OC Cocktail

Smoke House Burger - With three-pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, onion straws, and barbecue sauce. $14.99

Blue Cheese Apple Walnut Salad - Crumbled blue cheese, apples, raisins, candied walnuts, diced red peppers, and romaine lettuce tossed in white balsamic vinaigrette. $11.99

Chicken Tender Salad - Chicken tenders with romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, and cheddar cheese tossed in ranch dressing, drizzled with barbecue sauce and topped with onion straws. Grilled chicken available upon request. $13.99

Side of Garlic Bread - $1.99
Old 08-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #3060
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home

Disney Soda Fountain - Hollywood, Ca

We went by the Disney Soda Fountain in Hollywood on our way to Disneyland.

BLT with Cole Slaw

French Dip with Chips

Side of French Fries

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: