Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #241
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Thanks to all of you for the pictures and descriptions of foods at DL. We are WDW veterans who get to DL only every 5 years or so (going in July), and things change!

Last time we ate at Bengal BBQ we had grilled pineapple, which I loved, but it looks as if it is no longer offered there. Also, some the newer restaurants are things we would have to try ourselves with a chance of not liking them. I really do appreciate your guidelines on here!

Aw....I miss the grilled pineapple....you're correct, they no longer have it, but I just grill my own!

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #242
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone will know what i'm talking about, I'm thinking the true Disers who've been going to DL forever will know. There was an ice cream shop on Main St. (about five yrs. ago)that served hand dipped ice cream (don't know the name of the store, on the right side when your leaving DL) and they had this one flavor that you couldn't find anywhere but at DL, it had a funny name, lots of flavors blended together (no choclate in it mostly fruity.... I think LOL) I think??? I'm not sure if anyone will know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to put it out there anyway to see if someone will be able to help me figure it out. It was truly yummy, yum, yum. I'm going to WDW and want to know the name of this icecream to see if I can find it there. Help! Thank you.
It was the flavor called Fantasia! I know the green color was pistachio, but cannot remember what the other fruity flavors were. I was just at WDW in December, and cannot remember seeing it there, but you never know! Hope they have it there for you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #243
queenarmadillo
Mouseketeer

I hope this is the right place for this...

Can anyone tell me where you get the funnel cakes from in Disneyland? And someone back in the thread posted one with cream and fruit on it, can you also get plain ones?
queenarmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #244
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenarmadillo View Post

Can anyone tell me where you get the funnel cakes from in Disneyland? And someone back in the thread posted one with cream and fruit on it, can you also get plain ones?
Hopefully someone else can help you, but I can honestly say I did not see one single funnel cake while we were there a few days ago. And I am a funnel cake fan. I can smell them a mile away!

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
princess@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #245
chrisn
DIS Veteran

Oh good lord! I just went through all the picture threads and am slobbering all over my desk! Thanks for all the great food recommends! On our upcoming trip I absolutely MUST have:

Monte Cristo - either one, who cares, just doesn't matter!
Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn
Nachos at Whitewater Snacks
Anything at Carnation Cafe!
Those Fries, you know the ones - New Orleans Cafe
That Corkscrew Chicken Pasta at Pizza Port!
A Gourmet Burger at Taste Pilots
One of them there Bread Bowls at Pacific Warf - Not picky either!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from Bengal BBQ
and Last but not least...

The Strawberry Shortcake from the Blue Ribbon Bakery.

Done with my meal planning now, I'm gonna go choke down a rice cake!

I LOVE vacation eating!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #246
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenarmadillo View Post

They have funnel cakes at the Mint Julep Bar I think. At least they used to. There also used to be funnel cakes at the place back by the Fantasyland Theater. Not sure if they still do now that it's changed over to Princesses.

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #247
thmar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
Done with my meal planning now, I'm gonna go choke down a rice cake!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #248
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Those Fries, you know the ones - New Orleans Cafe
Those were SO GOOD! I ate so many I could only eat 1 triangle of my Monte Cristo!

Quote:
LOL! No kidding! I'm having a hard time getting back on track because of all the stuff we brought back from Marceline's Confectionary! I still have one more Mickey coconut head left!

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
princess@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #249
arliepooh68
Mouseketeer

here is the funnel cake from the place right outside the saloon. . .
Old 05-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #250
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The Strawberry Shortcake from the Blue Ribbon Bakery.
I thought I read a while back that they no longer have it...since Disney wants to do more healthy stuff.
Shakthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #251
GailT
I'm ba-ack!!!!
I'm so bad I'm good
Loves pea soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2travel View Post
Aw....I miss the grilled pineapple....you're correct, they no longer have it, but I just grill my own!
I started grilling my own pinapple and I love it, I even bought carmel sauce to dip it in like I used to get at Ohanas in DW
Old 05-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #252
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssi View Post
Fantasia ice cream and you could only get it at Disneyland...

Unfortunately, they haven't had it for a few years now, since Disney switched to Nestle products.

The flavors were banana, pistachio, and black cherry.
I'm so sad. But thank you so much for answering me, I thought I was the only one who new this delicious dessert's name. LOL I'm so happy you set me straight! Well, so much for trying to figure it out. I wonder why the parks do different things when it comes to food??? Do you know who made the ice cream Fantasia?

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #253
cryssi
Kabocha
Looking for the scripty one
I want to experiment with fondant flowers
Long live the white walls!!
I need the extra oomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I'm so sad. But thank you so much for answering me, I thought I was the only one who new this delicious dessert's name. LOL I'm so happy you set me straight! Well, so much for trying to figure it out. I wonder why the parks do different things when it comes to food??? Do you know who made the ice cream Fantasia?
You're welcome! Everytime I go to the park, I miss that ice cream. LOL I think it was Carnation ice cream. I'm sure it was specially made for Disneyland...but try my recommendation. It will take you back to Disneyland, I promise! Hmm...gotta go find a BR somewhere so I can make that creation, too! lol
Old 05-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #254
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
Those were SO GOOD! I ate so many I could only eat 1 triangle of my Monte Cristo!

LOL! No kidding! I'm having a hard time getting back on track because of all the stuff we brought back from Marceline's Confectionary! I still have one more Mickey coconut head left!
What Mickey cocnut head? They have something else besides the macaroons that are all coconut? Oh do tell!!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #255
MirandaPen
If Cinderella had a hairstylist, I'd be it.

Mickey Mouse Pancake River Belle Terrace

Mickey Mouse Pancake River Belle Terrace

My only food pic

We'll be sure to take more this June's trip
1980 DL, 1985 DL, 1990 DL, 1997 DL Honeymoon (BV Embassy), 2004 DL (DL Hotel), 2005 DL (Sheraton), 2006 DL (DL Hotel), Nov 2006 DL (GC Hotel), June 2007 (HoJo), October 2007 10 year Wedding anniversary (HoJo), Currently planning for our 1st time to WDW (WISH ME LUCK)

MirandaPen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: