Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #181
VWCat
Mouseketeer

is there any tofu products in disneyland? like tofu dogs? I know there is veggie burgers,but is there veggie dogs? There are so many different kind of tofu now,I wish bengal bbq carried the vyes veggie skwers,they are awesome!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #182
tinkerbelt
DIS Veteran

I've never found any, the only meat alternative that I know of at the resort are the veggie burgers.
tinkerbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #183
giftcard
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone who posted!!!!! We're spending the evening at Disney the night before our cruise and already had beignets and churros on "the must eat list". Now I think we'll add the garlic fries and Dole Whip. YUMMY!!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #184
booeyjc
Mouseketeer

Another vote for pomme frites at Cafe Orleans!

"It's a small world after all, and our small world is better with you in it"
booeyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #185
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Any requests? We'll be at DL this weekend so I'll be back with more pictures. We're doing the Lilo and Stich breakfast which is one of the few things we haven't done yet, so I'll have pics from there.

But I haven't planned any other meal. What would you like to see?

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #186
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2travel View Post
Any requests? We'll be at DL this weekend so I'll be back with more pictures. We're doing the Lilo and Stich breakfast which is one of the few things we haven't done yet, so I'll have pics from there.

But I haven't planned any other meal. What would you like to see?
Oh, oh! Me, me, me!!!

Definitely some pics of the food and atmosphere at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast.

Also, if you plan on eating at Pacific Wharf Cafe, I'd love to see a bread bowl filled with soup or salad.

Thanks a BUNCH!

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
princess@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #187
got2travel
Disney lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
Oh, oh! Me, me, me!!!

Definitely some pics of the food and atmosphere at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast.

Also, if you plan on eating at Pacific Wharf Cafe, I'd love to see a bread bowl filled with soup or salad.

Thanks a BUNCH!

ooo, haven't had one of those salads for a while.....ok adding that to my list.....anyone else?

Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
Old 04-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #188
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ooo, haven't had one of those salads for a while.....ok adding that to my list.....anyone else?
I would like to see something from Naples. I was thinking of going there this time and I have never seen anything from there. If you're going, snap a few pics for me!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #189
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Hi, thanks for doing this. How thoughtful of you! Can you please get a picture of a regular corn dog. I saw the other one, and it looked really dark. But, someone posted it was a hot dog. I am assuming spicey. I'm trying to see if the plain one is something I must have.The dark one, I would pass on. If I saw that. Thank you so much, oh and anything that you eat that is sweet, and you love, like a dessert. Thanks again!

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #190
Emmo
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the skewers from Bengal BBQ, and as previous poster said, anything sweet!
Walt Disney World - 2001 - Off Property
Disneyland Paris - 2003 - Hotel Cheyenne
Walt Disney World - 2005 - Off property HONEYMOON
Disneyland Paris - March 2006 - Hotel Cheyenne
Disneyland California/Vegas November 2006
Disneyland and Vegas, Sept/Oct 2007

Emmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #191
princess@heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27 View Post
Hi, thanks for doing this. How thoughtful of you! Can you please get a picture of a regular corn dog. I saw the other one, and it looked really dark. But, someone posted it was a hot dog. I am assuming spicey. I'm trying to see if the plain one is something I must have.The dark one, I would pass on. If I saw that.
Another request for the regular corn dog. The hot link one did seem kinda dark, and I don't think I'd eat it either. I like my corn dogs golden brown and not too grainy on the corn bread, ya know?

Thanks again!

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
Old 04-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #192
got2travel
Disney lover

Ok, not sure if we'll make it to Naples. We don't usually do too much Downtown Disney dining. I'll see what I can do.

Corn Dogs I can do....love 'em...although I love my hotlink dogs too (sorry that one I previously posted wasn't too appealing). But both the regular and hot link ones do have a lot of corn bread/meal, whatever it is, around them.

Sweets....haha....my son will love you all for that one.

Skewers...let's see I've already posted the asaparagus and I think the beef. I'll have to look back and see, then get whichever I haven't already posted.

It's a short weekend trip, so that may be all I can do. But if there are any more requests go ahead and post them. I may be able to snap some shots of the example plates or something.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #193
princess@heart

Quote:
But both the regular and hot link ones do have a lot of corn bread/meal, whatever it is, around them.
Mmmm.... CORN DOGS! My mouth is watering. Actually, it's about time for lunch. We used to have an A&W Root Beer shop at the mall here, and they had the best corn dog nuggets and Orange soda floats. But sadly , they closed down.

You know what would be awesome? If Corn Dog Castle sold flapsticks for breakfast! (We need a drooling smilie)

Okay, so I'm weird....

Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 AM   #194
TrixieBel
I'm a Kiwi AND an Aussie
And don't forget to wrap the flag around your shoulders

So, can anyone explain what a corndog is? It's not something that I'm familiar with in Australia... Well, maybe it is, but we call it something else???? You never know...
Old 04-09-2007, 02:38 AM   #195
spazzyjazzy
RUFF! RUFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieBel View Post
So, can anyone explain what a corndog is? It's not something that I'm familiar with in Australia... Well, maybe it is, but we call it something else???? You never know...
A corn dog is a hot dog (not sure what they call them in Australia) that instead of using a hot dog bun it is dipped in a corn meal batter and then a fried in oil. It also has a stick in it to hold while eating. It tastes especially good with ketchup or mustard.

You can go back on this thread to post #110 and there is a picture of a corn dog in it.
I love them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: