Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #1621
Joan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post

We didnít have a PS, but it was early for lunch, so we were seated right away. Service was quick and friendly, with drink top ups offered regularly, which is a big plus in my books.

The complimentary sour dough came out and was served with olive oil and herbs. It was really nice.

I ordered the Pollo Panini - Roasted chicken with caramelized onions, fontina, and mustard dressing. $13.95

It was nice, but not as good as I was hoping. It was huge though, so I only managed to eat half of it, plus I had trouble holding it. Itís a slippery sucker!

DF had the Spinaci Insalate - Baby spinach, pancetta, goat cheese and candied pecans tossed in a light balsamic dressing. $12.50

He said it was really good, but a bit vinegary. It was also apparently enough to fill him up!

DB had the Pizza Pancetta E Ananas - Roasted fresh pineapple, crispy pancetta, tomato sauce and mozzarella. $16.95/$26.95/$43.95

$16.95 one pictured. This was awesome!! We each stole a slice, plus went back and ordered it as a take away for dinner one night. Highly recommended!
I have to ask how big is the pizza for $26.95 or $43.95? Is it just me or does anyone else think that is a ridiculous price for pizza
Joan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #1622
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan1 View Post
I have to ask how big is the pizza for $26.95 or $43.95? Is it just me or does anyone else think that is a ridiculous price for pizza
I think its totally outragious !! I would never spend that on a pizza, I do not care if it had gold flecks!!

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #1623
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

same here, great & yummy pics. happy summer!
wdwnut4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #1624
Princessinheart
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=prettyprincessbelle;32409630]Now that I finished my TR, here's all my food pictures!

May I just say that you have decided like 3 of the places and what I will eat at them.

Me (23) the instigator DH (23) DD (2) Scoopy Piggy
Princessinheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #1625
TheParsec
Mouseketeer

Here's Lobster Nacho's at the cove bar from last weekend!

TheParsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #1626
teatime

guess what I will be eating in a few short months those nacho's !!!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #1627
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

copied from my trip report

...we decided to snag some lunch at the French Market. We'd never been there before, so this was exciting.

E decided on the mac and cheese, and he was VERY happy with it.

I opted for the 4 Cheese Pasta and Vegetable Gratin. Yumm-o.

Now I don't know why they include "gratin" after "vegetable", but oh well. Well, maybe b/c there are some veggies IN the pasta dish, and the veggies on the side are just on the side.

I also don't know why people say they don't serve on proper plates anymore!

In looking at the description on allears, it must be the "smoked gouda" that made me nervous...there was a taste that my long-time vegetarian tastebuds kept identifying as bacon, and it must be that (unless they are sneaking in bacon, which my convo last year with Chef Chris causes me to think is absolutely NOT possible). It wasn't soooo bacony that I went to ask, I just figured it was something else, and I do believe it was.

There are shi-take mushrooms in it, and those were *delicious*.

The cornbread has actual corn in it, and was ridiculously good. The veggies were plain but had such veggie goodness I ate them all up.

FYI, when you ask for a cup of ice water now, they give you the itty bitty size...they're on to us.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #1628
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
...we decided to snag some lunch at the French Market. We'd never been there before, so this was exciting.

E decided on the mac and cheese, and he was VERY happy with it.

I opted for the 4 Cheese Pasta and Vegetable Gratin. Yumm-o.

Now I don't know why they include "gratin" after "vegetable", but oh well. Well, maybe b/c there are some veggies IN the pasta dish, and the veggies on the side are just on the side.

I also don't know why people say they don't serve on proper plates anymore!

In looking at the description on allears, it must be the "smoked gouda" that made me nervous...there was a taste that my long-time vegetarian tastebuds kept identifying as bacon, and it must be that (unless they are sneaking in bacon, which my convo last year with Chef Chris causes me to think is absolutely NOT possible). It wasn't soooo bacony that I went to ask, I just figured it was something else, and I do believe it was.

There are shi-take mushrooms in it, and those were *delicious*.

The cornbread has actual corn in it, and was ridiculously good. The veggies were plain but had such veggie goodness I ate them all up.

FYI, when you ask for a cup of ice water now, they give you the itty bitty size...they're on to us.
Molly: I have always understood the "gratin" to mean the breadcrumbs on top?

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #1629
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I wasn't thinking about the mushrooms inside the dish, but of the veggies on the side...since there are no breadcrumbs on those, that's what I was referring to...I only noticed mushrooms in the pasta part of the dish, and that to me doesn't feel like a "vegetable" gratin, but a mushroom gratin.

But I'm probably just totally confused about what else might have been in the pasta part.

However, it was GOOD.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #1630
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Here are my food pics from our past trip. I never finished my TR (Im really really good at starting things)

Breakfast at Pacific Wharf Cafe

And our cinnamon roll that was so big and good, we almost forgot to take a pic of it.

And they already had the lunch items on display.

Storytellers Cafe - Buffet Dinner

Menu:

Dinner Rolls served to table

Some of the buffet options - as I've seen pics of other disney buffets, this one is MUCH smaller - heavy on the meat though!!!

Carving station of steak and turkey:

Our plates:

Second trip:
and yes, the salmon was THAT good!

And now, the desserts!

The BEST strawberries! Another table requested a box to take some home with them (and the waiter agreed!) Another table had a whole plate full of them, probably 15 or so, and ate all of them! Sooo yummy!

And a special anniversary dessert!

If you asked, you could get ice cream and also chocolate lava cake, as pictured here:
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:55 AM   #1631
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Blue Bayou Anniversary Dinner

Our PS was for 6:40, but we showed up at 6 because I wanted a waterside table. There were only a few groups in the "waiting area" and we were told it would be a 30-40 minute wait. Oh well, we were kinda tired anyway. We were celebrating both our anniversary, and In-Laws too. Though, mostly ours since it was part of the gift from my In-Laws for our 1st anniversary!

Service was great!
Food was great!
We were stuffed!

So after ordering a waiter brought by some rolls for us. I was surprised that they weren't hot. I much more prefer rolls when they are at least warm!

Then onto the salads. I was the only one who opted for something besides ranch - I tried the balsalmic - which was much creamier than I expected.

And the ranch

Then to the entrees, both DH and DFIL got the steak, even though I was trying to get one of them to switch so that I could taste/see the different meals, lol, I'm so bad! DMIL got the salmon and I opted for the jambayla. In retrospect, I wish I had got the chicken - it looks so good!

Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya - A robust combination of king crab, jumbo gulf shrimp, mahi mahi, tasso ham, andouille sausage and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice" $28.99

Five-Pepper Roast New York - Seasoned with the Chef's signature pepper rub blend, then slow roasted over rock salt. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $33.99

Cajun-Spiced Salmon - Blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $29.99

Five-Pepper Roast New York - Seasoned with the Chef's signature pepper rub blend, then slow roasted over rock salt. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $33.99

Oh the food was so good. DFIL's steak was medium well and ended up more tender than DH's steak. I barely polished off half of my jambalaya. Although a man at the next table finished his jambalaya meal, part of his kid's and his wife's too. Yes, I'm a people watcher.

I had been dreaming of the cookie boat all dinner. I was so excited to order it. And then, to my surprise, no one wanted dessert. They were all too full! Oh well, maybe next time!

I was surprised that no mention had been made of our anniversary. It was very strange. But then they brought this out and it totally made up for it!

Everything tasted great! We were completely satisfied and everyone loved the atmosphere. Water was always full, we got extra bread and butter when requested, and our waiter was just very personable and classy. I would recommend BB to anyone celebrating a special occasion. Although, I might just have to go without any particular reason to get that dang cookie boat!!!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #1632
teatime

they looked soooooo good, but the 5 pepper roast did not look like much on the plate for 34 bucks but again your paying for ambiance right

Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #1633
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I may be alone in this but I thought that a Balsamic dressing wasn't a creamy dressing. Hmm.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #1634
wvnative
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone who posted pics. I've got lamost 9 months before we'll be back again and this thread was perfect. lol Of course, now it's only 10 am and I'm hungry for lunch. haha.

Un fortunately, the only food pics I have on this PC are from before Ariel's changed their menu. I'm bummed about that change as when I showed it to the kid she said there's nothing on there that she would eat. So, no more Ariel's I guess. Oh well, that just means I'll have an easier time getting her to branch out a bit. lol I'm thinking we may need to try Goofy's on our next trip. I'm sure she can find something she likes out of all those options. Geez!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #1635
teatime

that mousse looks divine !!!!!!!!!! do they give free deserts for a special occasion?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: