Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #16
disneytraveler
will the real celeb please step forward!
Well i am creative and talented
I'm watching you!

Thats good to see. I have booked the Viva Italia tour for Septemer 2007.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #17
LadyLion
We Are ...

Youngest age

PrincessMommy2, sorry I didn't answer your question about children's ages.

In Hawaii, the youngest child was six years old. (The others were 8 through 16.) The trip was very active - lots of physical activity like hiking, snorkeling, canoeing, surfing.

The 6-year-old was able to try everything, but that is about the youngest I'd recommend for such an active trip. Note, though, that there are always alternatives (not everybody is expected to do everything). There were opportunities to just hang at the pool if that worked out better for the children.

Also, dinners and evening activities were never very late - usually starting about 6:00. There wasn't specific time built into the day for naptime/downtime, but that could be worked out by individual families.

The Costa Rica trip is also very active - hiking, zip lines, whitewater rafting (with a "calm" option), etc.

My first reaction is to say to wait until your children are a little older, but every family tolerates action at a different level so it's hard to say. The guides were just as good with the little ones as with the teens ... always related to them at their own individual level.

Hope that helps.
LadyLion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #18
Stepht5
Just trying to make it to our next Disney vacation....

I am so glad to see these trip reports!!!

We really want to go on ABD in 2007 -- Dh wants Costa Rica (he goes deep sea fishing there) and I want one of the Italy tips. Our oldest dd (23) is getting married next fall and I don't how busy I'll be and when I'll be busy..... UGH!!!!

I have the planning DVD and booklet. And everything looks wonderful!!!
GF/Wonder Oct '05 GF/Wonder Feb '06 10nt Southern Wonder Sept '06 ABD Spirit of America Aug '07 15nt EBRC Aug '08/GF Sept '08 AKL Sept/Oct '09 First DVC trip! SS Dec '09 SS Grand Villa Oct '10 AKV Dec '10 DL March '11Magic Oct'11 Fantasy June'12TR for ABD Spirit of America http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1583209

Stepht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #19
fey_spirit
DIS Veteran

Hmm I wonder if those who don't drink for whatever reason would be allowed to do the Gelato tasting instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyintn
I've not been one yet but I do have the planning DVD and the brochure and it looks awesome. While the parents do one thing they'll have something equally fun and exciting to do for the kids, example in Italy when parents do wine tastings the kids are doing gelato tasting. Here's the itinerary on their website for the London/Paris trip might give you more detail http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/d...risLandingPage
fey_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #20
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

It's funny you should ask that question.

I do not drink and asked the same question.

We were offered the opportunity to join the gelato tasting or have some additional free time to wander around the city of Siena. The wine /gelato tasting were the last scheduled event before we were to have a few unscheduled hours.

We chose to do some shopping and bought some beautiful pottery (which we shipped home) and sit in piazza and have a pizza and watch the people.

It was a beautiful afternoon and we watched the moon rise over the city.

Kevin
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #21
Lizardbeth61
Are all these berries edible?

Viva Italia was GREAT!

Can't say enough about it and on the DVC board, they're waiting for a trip report. Will post it here when I get caught up.

However, does that fact that we're planning on doing the Wyoming Adventure with our kids (10 & 13) this summer and London/Pairs with just DH this fall tell you anything? I'd be afraid to try another tour company after such a fabulous experience with ABD! I don't think any could compare! It was practically perfect in every possbile way!
Lizardbeth61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #22
AuntieM03
Of course I hope he is happy and successful, blah, blah, blah
Likes a mix of the old and new
I still got some bad in me

WDW4life and I are planning on taking the Spirit of America adventure in 2008 to celebrate turning 40. I am really looking forward to it.
AuntieM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #23
Magix
Blackhearted Pirate
Indeed, I have paid far too high a price fer such a silly trinket, but it were me desp'rate desire te have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieWent
Can't wait for our June 8 trip to London/Paris -- also extending a little at DLP. Hope we'll meet up with DISers traveling, but I guess it will be less likely than on the cruises.

We're trying to learn a little French (since we already know a little English ), but it's not an easy language to just pick up. I'm a teacher, and our French teacher is trying, but she rolls her eyes a lot when she tutors me.

Can't wait to hear from everyone who's planning or thinking about planning!

Julie
I'd highly recommend picking up a CD called "In Flight French". You can get it at any major bookstore. It's a 60 minute CD of native speakers giving proper pronunciation of different phrases and is accompanied by a booklet of all the phrases that's very convenient to take with you. It's what I used to pick up some traveller's French before the London/Paris trip. I only had 3 months from the time I booked to the time I travelled, so I had to pick it up fast. The CD was great and gave me everything I needed for travelling situations. It even got me through buying stamps at the post office, when the clerk said he did not speak English! Ha ha! I thwarted his evil plan and asked for stamps to send a post card to the United States. He didn't expect me to be able to do that, did he?!?

I've already picked up "In Flight Italian" for my trip next year!
1/7-21/2009: Walt Disney World/WL & CB - Circle of Life 5K, plus Universal and Busch Gardens
2/28-3/4/2008: Walt Disney World/AKL - First Visit Ever!!
5/13-19/2007: Adventures by Disney - Roma & La Costa Bella
5/18-28/2006: Adventures by Disney - Land of Eternal Knights, London & Paris plus Disneyland Paris
My motorsport photography site: http://www.cheryljonesphoto.com.
Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #24
the who #3
DIS Veteran

abc italy

viva italy it was the trip of a life time. all hotels were luxuriious. one not quite as much as the others, but still very nice. i want to experience every abd possible. we were so fortunate to have the disney majic.
the who #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #25
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Magix ... Thanks for the heads up about the books. In Canada we have to take French in school but that was a long time ago!! I'm also going on the Med cruise, so the Italian will come in handy as well!

I'm actually just got off the phone with the bookstore goes and they are holding for me ... I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip!!!
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #26
LisaTex
Mouseketeer

JULIE - We will be on the June 8 LOndon/Paris - can't wait!!

We had a greatime on our Hawaii ABD trip this summer - won't give particulars since it's not available this year but it was well worth the $$ I did try to compare if we did the exact same things on our own it would have been barelyl less$$ and SOOOOOOOOO much more stressful!!
We would also have missed out on a lot of Disney "perks". Going with ABD again should speak for itself!!

LisaTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #27
JulieWent
DIS Veteran

Hey, Lisa! Are you still doing the Med cruise as well? We opted out of it because we kept finding ourselves planning other trips to London, Paris, and other parts of the UK. We thought, "Hey, are we really going to the part of Western Europe that we wanted to go to?"

Cool! A fellow DIS'er and someone from Austin! (We lived there for about five years while my DH went to grad school. Our son is named Austin, so you can guess how we feel about the place!)

Can't wait. We're in Orlando now (at Universal for Halloween Horror Nights), but after this trip, we get to start planning for the summer in earnest. Yeah!

Julie
JulieWent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:55 AM   #28
DisneyMeMa

Welcomed Guest

Viva Italia podcast

If you haven't listened yet, I want to reccommend the podcast that Kevin and John have here on the DIS. My DH and I did the Italy trip earlier in the year, and had many of the same experiences that John and Kevin reported. While overall I think it is a positive report, it does tell everyone thinking about a ABD vacation to go into it with your "eyes wide open." Thanks to Kevin and John sharing their trip with us, IMO, many of us here on the DIS have an opportunity to have an even better ABD trip. By the way, we are looking forward to doing another ABD trip in 2008.
DisneyMeMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #29
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Thank you DisneyMeMa!

Thats really nice to hear.

Kevin
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #30
disneytraveler
will the real celeb please step forward!
Well i am creative and talented
I'm watching you!

The Podcast echoes to much to listen to

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: