Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
wise king mickey
The Plaid Mouseketeer

Exclamation Need Help Getting A Golden Fastpass!!!

Is it true that you can only get a Golden FASTPASS from a Cast Member as a random event? The # of people I saw with them yesterday seemed a bit contradictory to that. Can you buy them? Are they a perk to passholders? And what criteria do the Cast Members use for handing them out? I held a gate open for a handicapped man and got a pin; yet I witnessed a thuggish-looking guy with the pass. What gives?
wise king mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
iceskatejen
I did it 4 times during my trip and I enjoyed each and every one of them
Turns out I'm a thrill ride junkie
deep down, I just want a jungle man in a loincloth

The Dreams Squad has a specific time and place (no, I don't know where or when that is) where they do this and you just need to be in the right place at the right time. They seem to give out quite a few (at least a few dozen) when they do this. I don't think that there is any specific criteria as to who they give them to.

BTW--some people might take offense at the "thuggish" comment. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Also, moving this over to the Disneyland board.

Em Eye See Kay Ee Why
Em Oh You Ess EE
iceskatejen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Rapunsel
Tinkerbell... mood subject to change without notice.

Yesterday they gave out 50 golden fastpasses to people in line at the Haunted Mansion..
Then just walked away. If not everyone in your group got one? Too bad..
Also you have to use them that same day. As they are dated and numbered.. Someone in line had one on and they didn't use them all as their child was not tall enough for most of the rides..

Rapunsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
dletz
DIS Veteran

As Iceskatejen stated, the computer randomly picks a time/place then one or more person goes to that location and hands out whatever the prize is they are handing out. They give them all out and when they have no more they leave. All of the million dreams prizes awarded in the parks are done this way. The rules state most prizes will be given away between 9 am (I think) and 5 pm, though they can be earlier or later. It also says that the stay the night is usually done earlier in the day. While they have a certain amount of prizes, and a certain number of each one, and that number is given out each day, I'm unclear if they have 100 fast passes, do they give them all out at once, or will they give out some at one time (like say 45) and the rest at another time. I think they give them all out at once.

dletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise king mickey
I held a gate open for a handicapped man and got a pin; yet I witnessed a thuggish-looking guy with the pass. What gives?

Well, I personally wouldnt be holding open a gate for someone handicapped or not just to get something for it...I do it out of kindness...I would be totally happy with a pin..Im glad they are giving things out to random people such as you indicated by the "thuggish looking person" that means there may be a ray of hope for me...Im not thuggish looking but I sure dont look like a princess either
Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
somerc
Earning My Ears

some thoughts

Well we just got back from being there for about a week and most of the people we saw with "dream" prizes were very traditional looking families -mom/dad kids and white. I am not saying that there weren’t others but for the most part I was disappointed.
somerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
Twinprincesses
DIS Veteran

I think is great that Disney is doing this promotion to begin with but I think it is sad that people will be judging who gets them. It is an added perk so if it is awarded to a person they should be happy for what they were given. If you do not recv anything just enjoy the Disney magic
Disney Dream October 2011
Vero Beach 7/2010
Disney Wonder 10/2009, Disney Magic 10/2008
Disneyland 10/2007 & 10/2006 , DisneyWorld 20+ trips

Twinprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
DCA_MillionaireFreak
Always glad to share WestJet news
This needs a bump
I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

Yeah it's random as can be but not at the same time!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #9
dan_81877
Earning My Ears

If anyone deserves any prizes it's those who are only able to go once in a blue moon. I have a AP and pretty much go every month. I figure I'd get picked sometime, but I'm not going to get crabby over it. I agree with Twinprincess and that it's a great promotion for those who normally dont get to go to Disneyland.
dan_81877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
tirby
Mouseketeer

I for one am gonna do a lot of praying before I go!!!
We are planning our trip in the spring, I hope POTC and HM are open! Anyway If I am the only one in my family that gets one I think I would give it away if I was allowed. I agree with the Just be glad for all who get a chance to have it.
tirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

We will be going to DL for the first time pretty soon. I could careless if I was chosen for one of the disney dream gifts. I am grateful enough that we can afford such a wonderful surprise trip for our boys at Christmas time. Just being there is more than I can ask for. I would be very happy for anyone who was lucky enough to be in the right place But I sure would not let not getting a gift put a damper on my visit to the happiest place on earth.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
wise king mickey
The Plaid Mouseketeer

iceskate-- by no means did I mean it like that, you'd have to see the guy. Tattos and piercings all over, sagging, scowling, completely in black.

Also- yes I was just being nice to the man in the wheelchair. I was totally surprised when the CM presented me with a pin, so I wasn't just doing it for a reward. Honest.

WDW Sept. '07! Counting down for the next trip!
wise king mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #13
tomjhansen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerc
Well we just got back from being there for about a week and most of the people we saw with "dream" prizes were very traditional looking families -mom/dad kids and white. I am not saying that there weren’t others but for the most part I was disappointed.
I spoke with a woman on Star Tours who didn't understand what it was that she and her family had been given. She had two small boys (both under 5) and spoke very little english. While I didn't ask her, I assumed that she was from a country in the middle east. Once she understood that she wouldn't have to stand in lines anymore, she thought it was cool. I don't think the "dream squad" gives instructions with them - they just hand them out. I was happier with my complimentary room upgrade to the pool/theme park view at the GCH than I would have been with the fast pass. We figure that used up all our "magic" for the trip.
tomjhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #14
Madisonznana
DIS Veteran

I had to laugh when I was reading this thread and saw the message about all the "white" families that had passes. I guess Disneyland is going the different race, different day route!! We were just there Friday and Saturday. On Friday, everyone we saw with the Golden Passes or the Dream ears was Hispanic! Saturday it was so crowded we didn't notice as many passes. Saw alot more hats though. One woman was carrying a handful of the dream ears while her family was on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. And we saw several other people wearing hats. Oh and it was multi-racial day!!
Oh and I was wondering.....when we were online for The Haunted Mansion a CM had a handful of cards in his hand. Not really doing anything with them until I said hi, and he smiled and gave a card to my DGD. It was a Disney Tip Card, you know like don't push on rides! We were wondering after if maybe some of those cards held prizes and we weren't quite lucky enough to win??!!!??
It was a great two days even without prizes!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #15
XTinabell
My Homemade tag!
Has become one of .... THEM!
I feel all tingly inside!

Well I gotta say, forget those passes whatever they are, I want a pin! How do I get a pin? I heard somewhere that you can get a first visit pin? It won't be my first visit but it will be my hubby's or DH whatever you guys say. What is DH anyway? Disneyhusband?
XTinabell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: