DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #751
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23
A pool hopping exclusion because of the animals seems unlikely to me. Parking is not by the savannahs and there is only one small part of the pool that is near animals. They can easily avoid it if they wish just as they can avoid Arusha Rock.

I can imagine someone at DVC giving that as a misleading excuse though.
To be more specific, my understanding was that the PH ban was to cut down on traffic at the resort so as not to interfere with the experience of the guests there related to the animals, not for the benefit of the animals themselves.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 AM   #752
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

I'm jumping into this thread late so this may have been mentioned already. We stayed at AKL three years ago and were told this was one of the top resorts DVC owners requested. The CM added that plans to make a DVC here were "in the works". I didn't say anything back then because like so many other things it was just a rumor. Any way, we loved staying there and decided we would do so again. Now that DVC will be part of this location I feel an add-on coming soon! Annmarie
BCVOwner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #753
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow
So, if they would start pre-sales in Feb 07, do they announce it ahead of time in order to get your ducks in a row.

Anyone want to venture the per point cost/number per night required? Assume the cost will rise once SSR is sold out but, wonder if the original converted studio point requirement will be in line w/ existing resorts (WL/BC/BW) or much higher?
maybe a week or two - but I think with SSR the sales began the next day after the announcement.

if they are adding concierge to the ones in the hotel - I would say higher.

but since they aren't for the new building - I don't see how they can charge the same rate (points).

despite what DVC say about BWV - I don't see a way around a 2-point system here.

unless they expect the owners at AKL to have the hotel rooms and us others to have the hotel room. but one day the whole place will be sold out. So they need to do something to make the ones without concierge feel that they aren't being cheated.

that is if concierge is included with the hotel part.

on price so far DVC has been very fair - only a couple of dollars more than SSR ends up beginning. would be my guess.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #754
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
To be more specific, my understanding was that the PH ban was to cut down on traffic at the resort so as not to interfere with the experience of the guests there related to the animals, not for the benefit of the animals themselves.
That makes a bit more sense but not enought to convince me that it was the true reason for excluding AKL.

It is still my guess that DVC and an enhanced pool were in the plans all along.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #755
jdg345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That makes a bit more sense but not enought to convince me that it was the true reason for excluding AKL.

But they could have just banned PH at the annoucement of the new facilities ... I dunno, I don't mind the folks that pool hop ... if the pool is empty, use it ... the thing that irks me is when they drive over from another resort and then use up the parking for the villas. It happens at OKW all the time in the lots across from checkin. I love to stay in those Villas, but sometimes finding parking can be a nightmare.
jdg345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #756
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

I don't see what the confusion is about concierge. It seems that there will be rooms of DVC AKL in the current building that will be concierge. There will be others in the new building that will be non-concierge.

Just as a preferred BWV view is more points per night than a standard, so too would concierge be more, I would think.

Next trips:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

COMMON Annual Meeting
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #757
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShiny
I don't see what the confusion is about concierge. It seems that there will be rooms of DVC AKL in the current building that will be concierge. There will be others in the new building that will be non-concierge.

Just as a preferred BWV view is more points per night than a standard, so too would concierge be more, I would think.
when asked to do it for VWL - the service shack view and BCV - the parking lot view - DVC say 'NO'

say that they would NEVER do another DVC with a 2-part point system.

but I don't see how they can give concierge to some and not to others without a 2-part point system - maybe I am missing something.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #758
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!

If they don't have a two category point system, couldn't you just pay an extra cash fee for access to concierge services? It might be possible to restrict access with a key system, no??? So your room key would show whether you had concierge access or not, and you would have to show or use it bwefore you went into the concierge lounge???
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #759
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShiny

Do you think all DVC rooms in the AKL will have concierge acces?. The lounge couldn't possibly serve all the rooms....it is far too small.

The official announcement doesn't mention concierge service. I think all we have is someone's guide thinking so. And that person could have been confused because the current club level lounge will be part of the DVC levels.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #760
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg345
But they could have just banned PH at the annoucement of the new facilities ... I dunno, I don't mind the folks that pool hop ... if the pool is empty, use it ... the thing that irks me is when they drive over from another resort and then use up the parking for the villas. It happens at OKW all the time in the lots across from checkin. I love to stay in those Villas, but sometimes finding parking can be a nightmare.
Perhaps it could have been done that way but it is much harder to remove a privilege than never to offer it at all.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #761
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCLiz
If they don't have a two category point system, couldn't you just pay an extra cash fee for access to concierge services? It might be possible to restrict access with a key system, no??? So your room key would show whether you had concierge access or not, and you would have to show or use it bwefore you went into the concierge lounge???
The lounge has no doors and is open to anyone on the 6th floor although that is very few rooms. The keys are coded to provide elevator access only to guests on the 6th or those on the 5th who are staying club level.

It seems not very Disneylike check ids and is not in keeping with the ambiance of club level IMHO.

BTW, it is probably somewhere on this long thread but the AKL club level CMs have been told their lounge will be relocated but not the new location.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #762
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you think all DVC rooms in the AKL will have concierge access?. The lounge couldn't possibly serve all the rooms....it is far too small.

The official announcement doesn't mention concierge service. I think all we have is some one's guide thinking so. And that person could have been confused because the current club level lounge will be part of the DVC levels.

I wouldn't think those in the new building would (and not necessarily those in the old building.

But it figures that AKL will still have concierge (it seems to be popular, and I would think that it's very profitable), and that by proximity the DVC rooms in the current structure will have it too. I can't see why they wouldn't just have one point value for a DVC concierge room and another for a standard one.

Next trips:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

COMMON Annual Meeting
Disneyland Hotel April 2015

Last edited by MrShiny; 11-13-2006 at 01:22 PM.
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #763
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

spicey - thanks.

Perhaps they'd offer "concierge light" ala the CR (w/some of the percs but, not all).

Honestly can say I'd only be interested in the perc of booking the safari. Do wonder if it's honored if they'd offer more availability to book, would think it'd be quite popular w/members. From what I've read on other threads it's tuff to currently book it.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #764
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

Some of this confusion comes from somewhere it was said that DVC would be taking over the space that is now the concierge lounge on 6 to make a DVC lounge. I don't think this means it has to be a concierge lounge, necessarily. But as someone pointed out above, it is open to the 6th floor and who ever was using the 6th floor, be it DVC or AKL guests, would use the lounge, one would assume.

Throw in someone's guide saying there will be DVC concierge, then there's confusion for sure!

Seriously, how many points levels can there be? concierge, non concierge, savanna view, non savanna view.. ??? good grief .. makes my head spin ....
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #765
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That would not have been enough of a reason. I don't think DVC looks at the PH as a major marketing tool as much as some members think they do. I doubt they would have done it that way for that reason, they would just have waited and announced the bad with the Villas like they did with BCV. DVC's official statements early on were in line with my posts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: