DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

In defense of MS, ...

I just wanted to share that about 15 minutes ago, I downsized a GV reservation at OKW for 12/3 - 12/10/2011 to a 2 bdrm and a studio. The process was flawless and, within five minutes, the changes were correctly reflected in my online member account. I know that reservations and modifications don't always go well, but I've never had a problem. AND, within 75 minutes, the revised reservation email arrived.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; SSR & OKW - December

Last edited by SusieBea; 02-24-2011 at 12:10 PM.
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

It's always good to hear when things go right. Glad it all worked out for you.

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
WDWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

I've always had pleasant and efficient MS reps, and I've never had a res. that was messed up. I've read posts from people who have had problems dealing with MS but I think they are in the minority! For the volume of people and situations these people deal with, they do a good job in my opinion!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

I have never had a problem with MS.I called yesterday and had a wonderful experience.

Everytime I have called them they were pleasant and knowledgeable.
Too bad we are not as quick to praise as we are to complain.
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Even though we have only been DVC members for a short period of time (since September), I have already made 2 reservations with MS and both times it has gone really smoothly. The CMs are very helpful and extremely nice. I too have seen posts about how MS has messed up ressies for other guests, but I have yet to be one of those guests

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #6
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

I have always have had positive interactions. Always patient when I ask clarification of information. Never once given incorrect information.
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I'm glad to hear of your good experience!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
rocketriter
"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase." - Yogi Berra

I also changed a DVC reservation a few days ago. The process was courteous, flawless and successful.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
friends with mickey
DIS Veteran

More good news about the folks at MS

I too would like to put in a good word about the CM's at MS. This week was our 7 month window to book. We are going on the DVC members cruise in September and wanted to stay one night prior to the cruise and three nights following the cruise. It required two calls to MS to secure the reservations since the stays were not for consecutive nights. I got the first night with no problem. In fact the CM since he knew what we were trying to accomplish even checked the availability for the other nights we would need even though we could not book them for 5 more days. On my second call at 9am the CM was great as well. We were booking at BWV and the only studios available were pool/garden view. We were hoping for boardwalk preffered view. He booked us for the pool view and waitlisted us for the preffered view. We got our confirmation email at 10am. That was followed by another confirmation email at 10:45 am. Fastest waitlist ever! The Boardwalk view became available and is now where we will be staying. Great job all around by MS!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
arthur06
DDC #689

I have called MS several times in the last week.

We had BCV for April, but because of a work conference had to change our days. MS was great!

Then called this later in the week when our 7 month window opened and got exactly what we wanted with no problems! MS was great again!

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Great experiences for me recently. And I have been a total idiot making reservations this time. See if you can keep up with this. First I called and reserved a 1-bedroom at OKW for 8 nights in May. Then DH decided he wanted to stay at BCV. So I called and spoke with MS. Had to go on the waitlist. Then DD got engaged and we offered them some points for their honeymoon. So another called to MS to make a reservation for a 1-bedroom at BCV for September. I was before the 7-month window and could only make a reservation for 4 of the 5 nights. So they made a note that I would be adding at the 7 month window. So far so good. Then DH changed his mind again and wanted to try AKV in May. So after another call I had 6 of our nights moved to AKV and was on the waitlist for the final 2. Then we found out that our nephew was getting married in September. So DD wanted to move their stay forward a week. She also wanted me to make her name on the reservation as maiden-married name, just in case. So another call to MS. In the mean time our waitlist came through for May. Last call made to MS two weeks ago produced the final night for DD in September. And if you can believe it, all the reservation information is correct with correct spellings and all. I had no doubt that they would be. But if there was a problem, I don't think that I would have gotten bent out of shape. MS is only human.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
rocketriter
"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase." - Yogi Berra

I can add another good MS story. The one time I've rented points (last year), the folks I rented to had to move from the US to Canada for business reasons. This required a lot of additional information to be filed with DVC so they could check in without a problem. MS was unfazed and got everything right, and my renters had a wonderful trip.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Only positive experiences with MS here, too, and we've been DVC owners for over 10 yrs.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: