Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #91
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Coming from the city with the Big Dig, I know things always take longer to finish than they say they will. =(

But what do you think would be a good answer to that question? Is there even one? Or can you just apologize for the inconvience?
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #92
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

Hello!!

I applied for costuming (and got it!). They imply that when you apply for that position you do not work with guests in the park. I believe they asked if i was comfortable working a checkout system and cleaning and lifting the costumes. And also something about being on my feet for a looong time! Since my college major relates to this, I mentioned that to my recriter as well.

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

I am a NEW Adventureland Merch Cast Member as of April 2013!!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
MelissaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #93
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Any other tips? Especially for costuming?

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #94
christiemarsh88
CP--Fall 2009 Merchandise

I know Photopass is a new position for CPs, but has anyone interviewed for this yet? What kind of questions did they ask?
christiemarsh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #95
DarthBob_2005
Mouseketeer

Question

Hey so Space Mountain will be closed to the end of 2009? Well wouldn't you know. The last time I went to Disneyland, on my Senior Trip, Space Mountain was closed too. But it was still one of the best days of my life. Now I may finally have the opportunity to go to Disneyworld, and with my luck, its closed again. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be open by the end so I'll get to ride it after all. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

But anyway, in regards to interview questions, I still have to go to the presentation on Wednesday, but I need to prepare. I feel pretty comfortable about the basic ones people keep bringing up. I'm ready for them. It's some of these other questions I've been reading about that are role specific. Those still have me thinking. I'll be going for attractions as my first choice, then merchandise and transportation. What should I expect? I heard there's a question that goes "what would you do if a kid started kicking you?" That one kind of freaks me out! Obviously the child is still the guest, you've got to give respect even if you get none, but what do you do in that situation? Ask the parents politely to control their child? I don't know what the official policy is for that, but whatever it is I'll do it.
DarthBob_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #96
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBob_2005 View Post
I heard there's a question that goes "what would you do if a kid started kicking you?" That one kind of freaks me out! Obviously the child is still the guest, you've got to give respect even if you get none, but what do you do in that situation? Ask the parents politely to control their child? I don't know what the official policy is for that, but whatever it is I'll do it.
Just as a parent, I would suggest that you bend over to be eye-to-eye with the child (which would also get you out of kicking range, most likely) and ask them a question (what's your favorite ride so far, do you trade pins, who is your favorite character, etc). With kids, it's all about distraction and focusing their attention on something else.
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #97
DarthBob_2005
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygables View Post
Just as a parent, I would suggest that you bend over to be eye-to-eye with the child (which would also get you out of kicking range, most likely) and ask them a question (what's your favorite ride so far, do you trade pins, who is your favorite character, etc). With kids, it's all about distraction and focusing their attention on something else.
Thanks a lot. Sounds pretty logical to me.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #98
PrincessJinx
Earning My Ears

I marked a lot of roles as options, but the one I wanted to do the most is Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostesse. I know a lot about hair and styling, and I think I would do a great job at it but I've never actually worked at a salon.
Are you automatically not considered for this role if you haven't??

My interview is tomorrow! I'm so nervous!
PrincessJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #99
DarthBob_2005
Mouseketeer

Just finished the interview. I thought I'd add some questions on here for the sake of others, before I forget them.

*If you're at Main Entrance Operations, and the first person to greet our guests, how do you make their day magical?
(This is the only one that kind of caught me off-guard, since I had been preparing for other roles. I said that I'd keep smiling, and ask people what ride they're looking forward to going on, and tell them they're going to have a great time. Idk how good that was).

The others I'm about to mention feel like no-brainers, but I'll mention them anyway.

*How do you feel about driving driving a monorail 70 feet off the ground?

*How would you feel about driving a boat or monorail, while answering guest questions?

*How do you feel about driving at night?

*If a package of chips comes at $1.50 each, and a guest wants 3, and gives you $10, how much change do you give back?

*How comfortable are you memorizing long spiels and delivering them over a microphone?

*How do you feel about moving away to Florida, and leaving your friends and family?

Due to the amount of transportation questions they asked me, I have a gut feeling that's what they'll probably offer me. What do you think?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #100
joepic
M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEEE

Transportation is my top role for when I apply - you should be lucky to be offered it. Was it one of your top three? Did you tell your recruiter you wanted it the most?

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary
joepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #101
DarthBob_2005
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I wanted attractions #1, transportation #2, merchandise #3, and from there it didn't matter really. I told my recruiter I'm a model railroader, and I know about running multiple trains on a single line. I thought that would help me with attractions, but I guess it helps with transportation too. In particular, the monorail. They also asked me if I had a driver's license, which I do. So I think because they asked me more transportation questions than any other, that's what I'll get. And if I'm offered transportation, I'll take it. I'll consider myself lucky indeed.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #102
joepic
M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBob_2005 View Post
Yeah, I wanted attractions #1, transportation #2, merchandise #3, and from there it didn't matter really. I told my recruiter I'm a model railroader, and I know about running multiple trains on a single line. I thought that would help me with attractions, but I guess it helps with transportation too. In particular, the monorail. They also asked me if I had a driver's license, which I do. So I think because they asked me more transportation questions than any other, that's what I'll get. And if I'm offered transportation, I'll take it. I'll consider myself lucky indeed.
That's great! Please let me know if you get Transportation. You know, Walt had a fascination with trains too!

Good luck man!

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary
joepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #103
GiggleGoddess
Mouseketeer

Pop Quiz Questions...

I was wondering do they ask you questions like...What are your strengths and weaknesses??? Give me one time you time you had a disagreement/conflict w/ somebody at work/school/etc and tell me how you got over it? Or other stuff like that?

Also what would be your answers on...
If you had an upset guest that was in your face how would you handle the situation?
If a guest had a question and you were not sure how to answer that how can you help accommodate them?
GiggleGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #104
christiemarsh88
CP--Fall 2009 Merchandise

I came to this thread to ask the same thing as GiggleGoddess--do they usually ask those sort of abstract questions like "Name a time you showed leadership qualities"?

I hope not, 'cause I always draw a blank on those sort of questions!

christiemarsh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #105
jedihunny
Earning My Ears

N/a

Last edited by jedihunny; 04-29-2010 at 07:49 PM.
jedihunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: