Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #61
Haphazard Hero
A Boy and his Harp

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaribay View Post
Yeah, during your program you will have an official record that notes any attendance issues (call-ins, late arrivals, etc.), discipline and any recognition. Even though it doesn't carry over from program to program, it can and will be reviewed if you ever re-apply for the program or to the company.
Ah, interesting. Well, I'll be on my best behavior then.
Haphazard Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:45 AM   #62
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

I'm not saying you'll do this (this is for anyone reading), please do not abuse the points system. Every year there are CPs who take advantage of the system and the short amount of time they are down there. They call in when they aren't sick and make sure to time it so they don't get in trouble. Unfortunately, you will find not every area or CM is pro-CP. I dealt with some anti-CP sentiment when I was down there, and this is one of the reasons. CPs have a reputation of slacking off and working the system. Please don't do that, as it gives us all a bad name. (And please don't let this scare you, the majority of hte people I worked with were all very nice.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #63
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
There is no summer program for first tiem CPs. Once you have participated on the CP, you can then return as a Summer Alumni. If you just want to work there for the summer and have not been on a CP before, you can try to go seasonal, but they will not provide you with housing or transportation.
There was a first-time Summer CP in 2006 (only roles were custodial and QSFB). But they haven't done it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haphazard Hero View Post
Can you do the program again?
You sure can!

Quote:
I've done the program 3x, I think Joanna is getting ready for her 4th, I had a roommate who had done it somewhere between 6 and 8. As long as you are in college when you apply, you can do it as many times as you like. (Don't forget to keep your record card clean).
Joanna is there!

Quote:
I'm not saying you'll do this (this is for anyone reading), please do not abuse the points system. Every year there are CPs who take advantage of the system and the short amount of time they are down there. They call in when they aren't sick and make sure to time it so they don't get in trouble. Unfortunately, you will find not every area or CM is pro-CP. I dealt with some anti-CP sentiment when I was down there, and this is one of the reasons. CPs have a reputation of slacking off and working the system. Please don't do that, as it gives us all a bad name. (And please don't let this scare you, the majority of hte people I worked with were all very nice.)
The point system was actually changed because of this.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #64
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

Changed? Do tell!
Old 05-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #65
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Changed? Do tell!
Early last year they changed the system to disallow call-continuous... so now each call in accounts for one point. Three points in any 30 day period is a reprimand (and 6 in 60 days, 9 in 180 days, 12 in 365 days - and this includes call-ins, lates and no shows), and participants are terminated when a fourth reprimand is due. Clocking standards remain the same.

Record cards are also now a factor when a participant wants to extend (the way I remember it was written, previously this wasn't the case).

Last edited by csaribay; 05-24-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: typo
csaribay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #66
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

Record cards were always a factor in extensions. They determined if you could extend, and if you extended, whether or not you could switch areas. (You had to meet the transfer requirements that regular CMs have to meet if they want to transfer roles).
Old 05-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #67
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Record cards were always a factor in extensions. They determined if you could extend, and if you extended, whether or not you could switch areas. (You had to meet the transfer requirements that regular CMs have to meet if they want to transfer roles).
You know, I thought that as well, but the exact verbage on the "changes" page for the attendance matrix was similar to:

Quote:
Also effective immediately, a Cast Member's record card will be one of the determining factors in their eligibility to apply for an extension.
Not saying it wasn't a factor before... just that it was kind of written that way.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #68
Disneylover08
Fall 2008 College Program Cast Member- Outdoor Food Vendor :)

If you want to extend...

Is it likely they'll accept you for an extension or is there something you have to do? Because I got into the program for Disneyland and it's only for four months and I kinda wanted longer....what would I do?

I don't start until Aug..but I was just wondering..
Disneylover08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #69
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover08 View Post
Is it likely they'll accept you for an extension or is there something you have to do? Because I got into the program for Disneyland and it's only for four months and I kinda wanted longer....what would I do?

The program at the Disneyland Resort (DLR) works a little differently, but they do offer extensions that are similar to those at the Walt Disney World Resort. DLR participants should keep an eye out on The HUB company portal and the emailed Community Updates for specific instructions (this past term, it involved contacting their programs office via phone or email to begin the process). As long as you have a solid record card, you should be able to extend into the following season.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #70
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover08 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaribay View Post
The program at the Disneyland Resort (DLR) works a little differently, but they do offer extensions that are similar to those at the Walt Disney World Resort. DLR participants should keep an eye out on The HUB company portal and the emailed Community Updates for specific instructions (this past term, it involved contacting their programs office via phone or email to begin the process). As long as you have a solid record card, you should be able to extend into the following season.
What csaribay said is right. However, I should point out, that our CPs here at the DLR, rather than extending their programs as is the common route for staying longer at WDW, more often convert to CT or CR status at the end of their programs.

So you might have to explain why you want to extend as opposed to going CT (i.e., you would like to take another class or something along those lines).

Also, just a heads up if you'be been assigned to work in Foods. The Foods contract limits the number of CPers to 150 per program. Thus, Casting might not be willing to extend you at all if you're a Foods CM.

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..

Last edited by glendalais; 06-07-2008 at 06:50 PM.
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #71
Chilling Donald
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious View Post
i have read here that they ask you a space moutain question and if i am correct it goes something like this, "if a guest wants to go on space moutain but he is too short what do you do?" i don't know the answer because i did not get asked this
I think you explain to the child that they may not be able to ride and you suggegst something else and if you have them, give them some stickers.
Chilling Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #72
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling Donald View Post
I think you explain to the child that they may not be able to ride and you suggegst something else and if you have them, give them some stickers.
Even though I won't be applying for attractions, I had a dream the other night that I was asked this question and I told the child he could ride on the TTA and at least get to see the inside of Space Mtn, then I gave him a little certificate that said he was an honorary pilot of Space Mtn and could come back when he was tall enough and use the FP line. It was the strangest thing and the interviewer (in my dream) said it was a great response. (do they even have certificates, or did I make that part up??? )
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #73
marypatsy
Earning My Ears

Yes, there is....Funny enough you knew that in your dreams. And that would be the correct answer I would think.
Dec-Jan 07-08 (POP) March 07 (Riverside)
Sept 06-MNSSHP(Boardwalk) Dec-Jan 05-06 (CBR)
marypatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #74
_frazzle
Disney Store CM :)

My main choice is Merchandise. I know they ask you what to do if someone wants something and they're out of it...what do you say to that and what are some other good answers? I'm SO nervous.
_frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #75
orangekid13
Mouseketeer
Hmmm, not nice to call someone a liar

I had my interview today and used this thread to prep some, I think it deserves a bump for anyone who hasn't interviewed yet that hasn't seen a link to it

Magic Kingdom on July 4th 2005, waiting for the fireworks display

Spring '12 Management Science and Integration PI (start Jan 12th)
Monorails Seasonal CM through May 2011
Spring '09 Walt Disney World College Program - Monorails
'05 Walt Disney World (Grad present from mom) included July 4th
'00 Disneyland (March), (May) - Played in Magic Music Days
'98 Walt Disney World
'93, '96 Disneyland
orangekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: