Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #46
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychickforever View Post
Yeah I did Fall 07 but had to leave early because I hurt my knee I only got to stay a month!
Awww, that stinks.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #47
theatergal
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! I have a quick question, do you have to do the phone interview before you audition? What if you visit your campus presentation and apply and everything, but the audition closest to you is before your scheduled interview? Can you change the interview?
theatergal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #48
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergal View Post
Hello everyone! I have a quick question, do you have to do the phone interview before you audition? What if you visit your campus presentation and apply and everything, but the audition closest to you is before your scheduled interview? Can you change the interview?
Typically your interview will be one to two days after the presentation... so if the presentation is before the audition, your interview probably will be too.

You are not required to interview before the audition, however, it is preferred that you do. When you audition you'll get a follow up list of things to do; if you haven't interviewed yet, then you have up to two days to do it after your audition. If you audition and do not interview in time, you'll never hear back on how you did and will automatically be declined.

If your campus presentation is after the audition, then I would do the E-Presentation and interview beforehand. You can always attend the campus presentation later if you have any additional questions.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #49
Helix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon1515 View Post
The number one question that you HAVE TO NAIL.........

Why should you be in the CP program.

This is the one question which is FREAKING ME OUT!

I've tried to come up with an answer but they all sound stupid and dorky. Is there a proper answer to this question? Or is it all down to how well you can express how much you want to work and learn while on the program.

I've got parts of the answer like: it'll be a life changing experience, an honor to work and learn while on the program, to further my education (only one in family to have went and graduated college and university), to learn from the best...

Any ideas what else I should say? Or pointer from anyone who has went through a interview.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #50
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

I think that sounds like a great answer Helix, I'd also add how much love you have for Disney!
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp - Got engaged in Epcot!
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #51
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
This is the one question which is FREAKING ME OUT!

Any ideas what else I should say? Or pointer from anyone who has went through a interview.
I don't think very much of that question, in the sense that it ranks extraordinarily highly on the list. I would look toward your goals and what you want to accomplish by doing the program. Do you want a Disney career in the future? Are you looking to gain experience with a top name in entertainment and hospitality? Think about your motivations to do the program, and you can come up with a very honest, well thought answer. What I would avoid is saying that you're doing this program to get away from school or to party. That's really the only two "bad" answers I can think of.

You might think your potential responses are bit cheesy, but there aren't too many responses that I can think of that wouldn't seem to be. Again, I don't really think too much of this question... although this particular question really looks toward your motivation- just be honest.

For the record, I think your responses are fine. Just be prepared to elaborate a little more.
csaribay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #52
Haphazard Hero
A Boy and his Harp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious View Post
i have read here that they ask you a space moutain question and if i am correct it goes something like this, "if a guest wants to go on space moutain but he is too short what do you do?" i don't know the answer because i did not get asked this
I got that one. My answer was something like "I'd politely tell him that he is not tall enough for this attraction and to enjoy one of our other great rides"

I didn't get put in attractions.
Haphazard Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #53
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Nobody can tell you what to say on a specific question. I am a 3x CP, and a Campus Rep. I always tell my students to be genuine and professional, and they'll do fine.

The other piece of advice: do your Disney research ahead of time. There is a good chance they will want to know about your favorite movie or character. Make sure that whatever you say is Disney. Balto/Anastasia/Fern Gully are not Disney. Being animated does not make it Disney! Believe me, I wouldn't be saying this if I hadn't seen it in action.

The other thing is that if you go to a presentation, be professional. The recruiter and reps will be assessing you. Do not sleep through the presentation (have seen this happen). Be aware that if you have a criminal record, it will work against you (have seen this happen.) Dress professionally, and realize if you have visible tattoos or piercings, you will be asked about yoru ability to conceal or remove them. Do not talk to your neighbor during the presentation. Believe it or not, we are watching you and assessing you.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #54
bmt2789
Earning My Ears

I plan on trying to work there next summer. It would be amazing if I get accepted.
bmt2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #55
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

bmt: Just to let you know, if you are applying for the College Program, you are required to take a semester off. The CP seasons are:

-Spring (Jan-May)
-Spring Advantage (Jan-Aug)
-Fall Advantage (May-Jan)
-Fall (Aug-Jan)

There is no summer program for first tiem CPs. Once you have participated on the CP, you can then return as a Summer Alumni. If you just want to work there for the summer and have not been on a CP before, you can try to go seasonal, but they will not provide you with housing or transportation.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #56
Haphazard Hero
A Boy and his Harp

Can you do the program again?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #57
DisneyJersey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haphazard Hero View Post
Can you do the program again?
you can do it as many times as you want as long as you are in school, or enrolled in school, including the summer alumni program, altho during the summer, you only have 2 or 3 roles to choose from..
DisneyJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #58
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I went "wow, that hurt"

I've done the program 3x, I think Joanna is getting ready for her 4th, I had a roommate who had done it somewhere between 6 and 8. As long as you are in college when you apply, you can do it as many times as you like. (Don't forget to keep your record card clean).
Old 05-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #59
Haphazard Hero
A Boy and his Harp

Record card?
Old 05-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #60
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haphazard Hero View Post
Record card?
Yeah, during your program you will have an official record that notes any attendance issues (call-ins, late arrivals, etc.), discipline and any recognition. Even though it doesn't carry over from program to program, it can and will be reviewed if you ever re-apply for the program or to the company.
csaribay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: