Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #271
beautybutafunnygirl
Living a Fairy Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
I just had my interview and I'm worried, it only lasted about 15 minutes but when I look back on all the questions it seems like most of the ones posted were asked. But several common ones werent, like what are your top three roles
15 minutes is pretty average in terms of interview length so I wouldn't worry too much about that. How many roles did you check off? Welcome to the boards

CP blog: BBB Fall Advantage 2011

beautybutafunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #272
Prock
Mouseketeer

Transportation, attractions, merchandise, hospitality, quick service food and beverage, main entrance operations, and bell services dispatch.

She asked me scenarios for, transportation (which is the one I want), attractions, main entrance operations, merchandise, quick service food and beverage, and maybe hospitality.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #273
pinke7319
Earning My Ears

Vacation Planner, Hospitality, Concierge
I was asked...

Why do you want to work for Disney and participate in the Disney college program?
What do you think the Hospitality role is responsible for?
What do you think the Concierge is responsible for?
What do you think guests expect from a vacation planner?
Have you ever given a speech in front of a large audience and did you enjoy it?
Do you work better as an individual or on a team?
Have you handled cash transactions?
Do you have experience with sales?

From your previous experience what was your favorite job? What was your favorite part of this job and what was the hardest part for you?
Name a time you have either given or received good customer service.

That's all I can remember
pinke7319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #274
Prock
Mouseketeer

I guess there was nothing to worry about. I got my acceptance email a week after my interview. I got into transportation
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #275
AllyCatAria
Earning My Ears

Costuming

Okay, so I read through the whole thread and there's very little mentioned about Costuming. What there has been seems fairly straightforward. I was wondering if it's best to apply right away for Costuming. Are there limited positions available in Costuming. I have a relatively strong background and work experience that relates, but I'm wondering how competitive it is to get a CP there. I'm not interested in any of the other positions, even though I have a firm sales and customer service experience.
AllyCatAria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #276
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyCatAria View Post
Okay, so I read through the whole thread and there's very little mentioned about Costuming. What there has been seems fairly straightforward. I was wondering if it's best to apply right away for Costuming. Are there limited positions available in Costuming. I have a relatively strong background and work experience that relates, but I'm wondering how competitive it is to get a CP there. I'm not interested in any of the other positions, even though I have a firm sales and customer service experience.
I think there's not much mentioned about Costuming because most people don't want a backstage position. My DD did her CP in Costuming Spring 2010 and stayed on Seasonal. She loves being backstage and her major is Fashion Design and Merchandising so costuming is a good fit for her.

I have no idea how many positions are available in Costuming, but I do know that there are 2 different areas - Entertainment and (I'm not sure of the name but think it's just called Costuming - where the Cast Members check out their costumes for work).

I can tell you that she applied as soon as she could for her CP and was pended for about a month before being accepted. She requested Entertainment Costuming at HS and that's what she got, but you won't know where you'll be until you get there.

I would think you'd have a good chance to get Costuming since it seems that most people don't ask for it. Good Luck to you!

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #277
Ikcerog
The Adventures Continue

Space Mountain question...

This is one of the archetypal questions of the whole process, by my estimation.

With the current situation regarding the expansion of Fantasyland, where would a CM direct guests with a child who was not tall enough to ride? Buzz and Stitch seem to be the most viable options.
(An unrelated aside: Is your first presumption instinctively that said guests will only be spending time in the one park you interact with them in? Is it a faux pas to ask them, for example, if they "will be visiting EPCOT today?" ... not to direct them elsewhere, but just in conversation.)

A schematic I saw indicated that Barnstormer would still be there at the end of the project; is this incorrect?
(Edit: Attached please find a picture that answers my question for me. I wonder how many of those trees they actually surveyed and 'planted' to scale. Probably every single one of them.)

Last edited by Ikcerog; 05-05-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Ikcerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #278
Pancakes
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would give this thread a little bump for people who are applying for Spring '12. Almost a month until applications are up!

*WDWCP Spring 2013 Recreation*~Port Orleans Riverside
* WDWCP Spring 2012 Merchandise*~Polynesian Resort
http://melissadcp.tumblr.com/
http://mkwoww2107.blogspot.com

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #279
H1heather
Earning My Ears

Talking

Thanks to everyone. All 19 pages of this form so far have been awesome. I`m hoping to do the Spring'12 program. I just recently found the CP and am so exited that it exists.
H1heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #280
slightlyvolcom
Earning My Ears

I have my interview in less than a half hour and I am extremely nervous an excited. I want to say thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. I read through it and I feel like it will help me a ton! I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #281
julegamache
Earning My Ears

My interview is at 3:15! Thanks for all of the advice!

Any last minute suggestions for Merch/Vacation Planner/Attractions?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #282
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread! It's been helpful to read through. I have my interview bright and early Monday morning! I'm very excited, and am trying to work on calming my nerves down. Hopefully it will all come out as excitement.

I'm hoping to work in attractions, photo pass, or as a character attendant. Does anyone have any tips or questions specific to these roles?

I indicated on my application that I was interested in being a character as well, but then realized after that I will not be able to attend any of the audition dates (and many of them had passed by the time I applied!). I thought I heard once that if you are accepted into the program in another role and go, that in the first few weeks you can audition. Is this true? I haven't seen this anywhere else but maybe someone has had experience with this...

Also, I indicated on my application that my first choice was Spring, and my 2nd choice was Spring Advantage, but I realize that I will totally be available this summer to stay. Can I mention this in my interview? Will it help? Also, I have heard that if you are in for the Spring and choose to extend through the summer, you may be allowed to switch roles if you do not have too many points against you. Is this true?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks in advance for any you can answer!
ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #283
spedtcr
Mouseketeer

Question handicap

am recovering from a broken foot and am nervous about putting a lot of weight on it. Am hoping for a job as conserge or front desk. Would my foot hurt my chances of being hired?
Beach Club Villas 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
BCV (Mother/Daughter 16th bday) 2004
BW, VB, SS, AKL, OKW July 2005
BC, VB 2006
Vero Beach, BoardWalk, OKW 2007
Boardwalk, AKL, Vero 2011
spedtcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #284
kaczper3
Earning My Ears

Interview

I am also recovering from a broken foot- heel to be exact. I'm currently in a walking boot but will start walking in a week. My phone interview is on Wednesday 11:15am and my top choices include concierge and front desk, so I'm hoping that if I have to stand for long hours and I get accepted to start right in January for the CP that they may allow me to have a stool ...
Any suggestions for answering tips for front desk or concierge? I'm a hospitality business student at Michigan State University so hopefully I'll be prepared enough, but you never can be too prepared.
Thanks!
kaczper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #285
ORLYkelly
Earning My Ears

CP interview

I think they ask you questions on what you applied for. I got in as a character performer so they asked me questions regarding to that position. Such as if a child asks you your age you respond with I'm not old at all, then get off subject like I like your shirt! They were basically dealing with questions relating to things people would ask a character. They wanted you to say like nothing about your personal life because they want you in character 24/7. Also yes you can switch roles. My friend got in as a lifeguard then switched when she got hired as a character performer. I'm sorry if that didn't help but that's just what they asked me on the phone. Good luck!
ORLYkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: