Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #166
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherman42 View Post
Thank you so much. :D

For anyone who's done the web interview, what are the questions like and how much time do we have? I've heard it's timed.
Anyone?

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #167
fall08CP
Cheesehead

I haven't taken it myself but was in the room when my friend did it. Not all of it is timed, only a certain section. It asks questions about how you work with others and your work ethic. Some of the responses go from strongly disagree --> strongly agree, but others have specific responses to choose from. For example, the questions might say something like, "If you see another cast member doing a job wrong, you..." a) approach and correct them b) tell a leader 3) ignore it 4) show by example. That's not the actual question BUT the questions are along those lines. The other types of question were along the lines of, "I am easily stressed out" -SD, D, N, A, SA.

I think the response times were around 40 seconds for some, 20 seconds for others, but don't quote me on it. My friend passed with no problems but made sure to put strong answers (SA or SD) for most.

Hope this helps!
fall08CP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #168
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
I haven't taken it myself but was in the room when my friend did it. Not all of it is timed, only a certain section. It asks questions about how you work with others and your work ethic. Some of the responses go from strongly disagree --> strongly agree, but others have specific responses to choose from. For example, the questions might say something like, "If you see another cast member doing a job wrong, you..." a) approach and correct them b) tell a leader 3) ignore it 4) show by example. That's not the actual question BUT the questions are along those lines. The other types of question were along the lines of, "I am easily stressed out" -SD, D, N, A, SA.

I think the response times were around 40 seconds for some, 20 seconds for others, but don't quote me on it. My friend passed with no problems but made sure to put strong answers (SA or SD) for most.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!! Ah the example you gave freaks me out. I'd better start thinking of what I'd do in that situation. I'm going to be so pissed at myself if I don't get a phone interview.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #169
Love,Jen
Earning My Ears

Thank you for everyone who has posted! I have my interview Friday at 1pm. Thanks to all your questions and responses I feel more confident about my interview!
Love,Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #170
steph1021
Earning My Ears

If I say that I've never been to Disney, will that be a big factor?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #171
Love,Jen
Earning My Ears

Personally, I don't think that it would be a big deal. You should put a positive spin on it. You will be seeing all of the Disney magic with wide eyes, taking in the excitement and joy just as a small child would have.
Love,Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #172
luvthephunk
What time is the 3:00 parade? "2:60"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph1021 View Post
If I say that I've never been to Disney, will that be a big factor?
I don't think that would be a factor at all, a few friends that I met on my first program had never been to Disney before and they turned into regular disney experts in no time.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #173
ndj1982
Earning My Ears

phone interview

I have an interview in two days over the phone. Any tips?
ndj1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #174
steph1021
Earning My Ears

Just got done, I think it went fairly well! She didn't ask about me visiting Disney, but did want to know about my past work experience (how I dealt with a challenging customer, how did I make a customer's day) etc., which is pretty limited since I've only had one job at Subway. But other than that, I didn't get too nervous, she was so friendly!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #175
ndj1982
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph1021 View Post
Just got done, I think it went fairly well! She didn't ask about me visiting Disney, but did want to know about my past work experience (how I dealt with a challenging customer, how did I make a customer's day) etc., which is pretty limited since I've only had one job at Subway. But other than that, I didn't get too nervous, she was so friendly!
I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I have mine on Saturday. I'm actually really nervous because I haven't worked in like 6 months since I left my full time job to return to college. I think my biggest concern is the rooming situation because I'm 27 and don't want to be roomed with anyone under 21 mainly because I don't want to be held responsible for anyone drinking or anything if they shouldn't be. I assume they do their best to try and room people within similar age ranges together. Anyways, I really hope it goes well because I love Disney World and feel like a kid still whenver I go. I actually called into work sick last summer to take a 3 day trip down to visit my family when they were there for the week...lol. Cost a pretty penny but I have no regrets.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #176
steph1021
Earning My Ears

They'll probably ask you more about the living situation because you're a little older, but she only asked what I would do if I had a really messy roommate.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #177
MaryPoppins86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj1982 View Post
I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I have mine on Saturday. I'm actually really nervous because I haven't worked in like 6 months since I left my full time job to return to college. I think my biggest concern is the rooming situation because I'm 27 and don't want to be roomed with anyone under 21 mainly because I don't want to be held responsible for anyone drinking or anything if they shouldn't be. I assume they do their best to try and room people within similar age ranges together. Anyways, I really hope it goes well because I love Disney World and feel like a kid still whenver I go. I actually called into work sick last summer to take a 3 day trip down to visit my family when they were there for the week...lol. Cost a pretty penny but I have no regrets.
Unless you want to, Disney will automatically put you in an apartment with other 21+ people. If you're accepted and still feel awkward about rooming with others much younger than you are, you can try to find your own roommate online; who is about the same age as you are. But 27 doesn't old to me at all!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #178
ndj1982
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins86 View Post
Unless you want to, Disney will automatically put you in an apartment with other 21+ people. If you're accepted and still feel awkward about rooming with others much younger than you are, you can try to find your own roommate online; who is about the same age as you are. But 27 doesn't old to me at all!

Thanks, well I'll be 28 at the end of October, not that it makes a difference really. I read on different internet forums of some people saying they got roomed with men or women that were in their 30's and 40's and it was a little weird. I'm not even in my 30's yet so I think I'm probably just over thinking it....lol. I do that sometimes. Age isn't much of a big deal. When I was 26 I worked with a young guy who was 20 and we actually became pretty good friends before he went into the army.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #179
chexie
DIS Veteran

does anyone know any questions they might ask if you have PhotoPass Photographer in your list? its my second choice

chexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #180
illini4princess
Earning My Ears

I believe kind of like the other roles like BBB and lifeguard they just want to know about you experience. They probably ask about what you've done with photography etc.

illini4princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: