Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #151
groundhog_86
Earning My Ears
 
groundhog_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll put it here too. Last year I did a search on here for interview questions (including this thread!) and put them all together in a Word document for my DD that she could print out and 'study'. I'll be happy to send it to anyone who wants it - just PM me with your email address.

PS. I think it helped because she was accepted and is now a CP in Costuming at DHS!

Please PM me. I cant PM anyone cause I am a newbie. I would like this list. :-)
groundhog_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #152
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg148 View Post
Hopefully some other alums will see this and could post what kind of questions they had for their 2nd (or other) CP interviews. I'm curious what questions they might ask, I'm assuming they'll ask me a general "how was it" type question and maybe why I'm not choosing that role again.
When I had my interview for my second and fifth CPs, I got asked about a favorite work memory. I also got asked role questions (for my second, I got asked mostly entertainment questions, and for my 5th I got mostly character attendant and attractions questions).
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #153
BabyPiglet
Stop Child Abuse NOW
I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean
See, I have goals I want
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Rocket Tower Plaza
Posts: 28,638

Do you guys know of any vacation planner or recreation questions?
__________________
BabyPiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #154
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran
 
Praise2Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Jacksonville, AL. USA
Posts: 3,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll put it here too. Last year I did a search on here for interview questions (including this thread!) and put them all together in a Word document for my DD that she could print out and 'study'. I'll be happy to send it to anyone who wants it - just PM me with your email address.

PS. I think it helped because she was accepted and is now a CP in Costuming at DHS!
Okay, I think I've sent it out to everyone who requested it, but if I accidentally missed anyone, please PM me and let me know!
__________________
~Lisa~



Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #155
BabyPiglet
Stop Child Abuse NOW
I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean
See, I have goals I want
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Rocket Tower Plaza
Posts: 28,638

This is basically everything my interviewer asked me. Hope it helps!

- We basically reviewed my application. She made sure everything was correct on it.
- She asked if I was okay making about $7.25 an hour.
- Then she reviewed the Disney Look and asked me if I had any tattoos, a natural hair color, or extra piercings.
- Then the infamous "why do you want to work for Disney?"
- Part of my answer talked about being able to learn from such a well respected company, so she asked me what I thought I would learn.
- Then she asked if I had ever lived away from home.
- What would you do if a roommate was messy, but you were really clean?
- She told me they have 5 or 7 month programs, and which one would I prefer?
- Then she asked me about past experience, and what my duties were at those jobs.
- She asked me which past job I liked better. I wasn't expecting that so my answer was a little wordy.
- Then we reviewed my role checklist, and she asked me what 4-5 roles I was most excited about and/or qualified for. (All that worrying over picking #3 for nothing!) Also, as she said 'FSFB' she asked if I was willing to do QFSB or just stick with full service.
- She asked me how I was experience for hospitality.
- Then she asked me what I thought some of the duties of hospitality were. I flubbed this a little.
- She also asked me if I preferred working in a park or resort, and what my favourite park and resort is.
- She told me that a lot of the roles require cash handling, and what experience did I have with that.
- Then she asked me if I were working a role like main entrance ops or hospitality, what would I do to make each guest feel special.
- Then she just asked if I had any questions, and told me I should get an email in 3-4 weeks.
__________________
BabyPiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #156
Melinda22
Earning My Ears
 
Melinda22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
Okay, I think I've sent it out to everyone who requested it, but if I accidentally missed anyone, please PM me and let me know!
I got it! Thank you so much!
Melinda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #157
Zocha
Earning My Ears
 
Zocha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
Okay, I think I've sent it out to everyone who requested it, but if I accidentally missed anyone, please PM me and let me know!
I tried sending you a PM, but I don't think I have enough posts to do so.
Could you send me a email as well? (c.m.mielnik@gmail.com)
Thanks again for doing this!

BabyPiglet:
Thanks for posting the questions. Really going to make things a lot easier! Good luck, hope you hear soon.
__________________

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
Keep Wishing

FA 2010 College Program Blog

~~~http://orange-glasses.blogspot.com/~~~
Zocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #158
oh angleterre
Earning My Ears
 
oh angleterre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
Okay, I think I've sent it out to everyone who requested it, but if I accidentally missed anyone, please PM me and let me know!
I'm in the same boat as Zocha, and don't enough posts to PM, but I would love a copy of this list. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to make one!
__________________
Fall 2010 CP Hopeful :"D

CP blog
oh angleterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #159
naoboo
Fall 2010 CP Custodial CM!
 
naoboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 13

I just got done with my phone interview, and there was one question that had me stumped:

If you were doing a task that was repetitive, how would you keep yourself interested in it?

I told my interviewer that I honestly didn't know. She explained to me that in Attractions, you might have to say the same spiel over and over again. I replied with something along the lines of "If I'm doing it with other people and for other people, then it would help keep me excited." . . . Don't think I'll be getting Attractions, but I guess you never know.
__________________
"There are two ways to look at a blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the most frightening thing in the world because there is nothing on it, and you have to make the first mark. The other way is to see the blank sheet as the greatest opportunity in the world... You can let your imagination fly in any direction." - Marty Sklar, Disney Imagineer
naoboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #160
QueenofPrideRock
Mouseketeer
 
QueenofPrideRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 410

I just got off the phone and there was one I hadn't seen before...

"What challenges do you think might arise from living with people of diverse cultural backgrounds?"

Other than that I was pretty well prepared, thanks to this thread!
__________________

Disney College Program Cast Member June 2010 - May 2011 // Kilimanjaro Safaris // HAMJAMBO, Simba 1!
QueenofPrideRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #161
Toffy
Future Disney LD
 
Toffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofPrideRock View Post
I just got off the phone and there was one I hadn't seen before...

"What challenges do you think might arise from living with people of diverse cultural backgrounds?"
Yep, that's a mandatory question that each and every interviewee gets in some form or another
__________________
Spring 2010 Advantage Attractions!!!
Check out my CP B/Vlog! Last Updated 1/29/10

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/amvv89n912wa7bew.png[/img]

Number of operating days I've been in Disneyland: 57
WDW: GF '94, AKL '03, AKL '09, POR '09 (audition), CP Spring Advantage '10
Toffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #162
psherman42
Mouseketeer
 
psherman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Hmmm, let me see. When I interviewed, I actually interviewed for performer (since that was first choice). But if I had to guess, I would think:
*closing the line
*helping a guest find a specific character
*explaining why certain characters don't talk
*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?

If I can think of anymore I will post them. Good luck with your interview.
I'm not going to be interviewing for a while but I'm already starting to prepare and thinking of putting character attendant as my third choice but I'm just wondering...how would you answer these?
__________________



Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #163
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherman42 View Post
I'm not going to be interviewing for a while but I'm already starting to prepare and thinking of putting character attendant as my third choice but I'm just wondering...how would you answer these?
*closing the line- I get this one the most. If the character is coming back later (for example, they are leaving to go to the parade), I tell the guest that ___ will be back at ___, and they should make sure to get to the spot early. However, if the character is done for the day, I appologize and explain that ___ is done for the day. And if there are any other characters out in the park, I tell the guest that.

*helping a guest find a specific character- character locations are listed in the tell-a-cast, so the character attendant can use those to help. Also, there is a hotline to call to look for a specific character. I would direct guests to a merchandise location with a phone (or guest relations) to have them call the hotline.

*explaining why certain characters don't talk- I didn't get this one very often. But I would tell the guest that the characters don't speak because they are saving their voices for the parade/show/ect.

*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?- for me, this depends on the age of the guest. If it's a little kid, or someone that doesn't know any better, I would tell them that they want to be gentle with ____, and that they don't want to hurt them. But if it's an adult, or someone who does know better, I would tell them that they need to cut that out now.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #164
missnataliej
Earning My Ears
 
missnataliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoboo View Post
I just got done with my phone interview, and there was one question that had me stumped:

If you were doing a task that was repetitive, how would you keep yourself interested in it?

I told my interviewer that I honestly didn't know. She explained to me that in Attractions, you might have to say the same spiel over and over again. I replied with something along the lines of "If I'm doing it with other people and for other people, then it would help keep me excited." . . . Don't think I'll be getting Attractions, but I guess you never know.
I got that question as well. My answer was something like this:
"I think you'd need to come up with a way to make it entertaining. It doesn't have to be anything outward, in can be internal. Say you have to push the same series of buttons over and over. I would make up a little song inside my head about the order they need to be pushed in, so that I'm keeping things interesting, but still focused on what needs to be done."

I'm still not sure if thats a good answer or not, but I did get accepted for attractions FA 2010 at DLR
missnataliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #165
psherman42
Mouseketeer
 
psherman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
*closing the line- I get this one the most. If the character is coming back later (for example, they are leaving to go to the parade), I tell the guest that ___ will be back at ___, and they should make sure to get to the spot early. However, if the character is done for the day, I appologize and explain that ___ is done for the day. And if there are any other characters out in the park, I tell the guest that.

*helping a guest find a specific character- character locations are listed in the tell-a-cast, so the character attendant can use those to help. Also, there is a hotline to call to look for a specific character. I would direct guests to a merchandise location with a phone (or guest relations) to have them call the hotline.

*explaining why certain characters don't talk- I didn't get this one very often. But I would tell the guest that the characters don't speak because they are saving their voices for the parade/show/ect.

*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?- for me, this depends on the age of the guest. If it's a little kid, or someone that doesn't know any better, I would tell them that they want to be gentle with ____, and that they don't want to hurt them. But if it's an adult, or someone who does know better, I would tell them that they need to cut that out now.
Thank you so much. :D

For anyone who's done the web interview, what are the questions like and how much time do we have? I've heard it's timed.
__________________



Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: