Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

The Frickles Family goes to Disney! How to Valet Park & Make $100! LAST chap p18!

Hi there! Welcome to my trip report! I’m glad you stopped by to hear my tale about our trip to Disney! I would have never thought I would write a TR, but I’ve been entertained and educated by so many wonderful trip reports that I had to return the favor. I may not entertain that well, but maybe you can find some helpful information in here somewhere! O.K…let’s go! (insert theme song from Vacation here - well, hum it in your mind)

The Frickles Family consists of
Me- aka Frick. I’m 35, a retired Kindergarten teacher & a stay at home mom. I’ve been going to Disney since I was a little girl.
Mr. Frick - 41, owner of two businesses, avid golfer & wonderful husband and father. Huge Alabama football fan. Roll Tide!
Big Frickles - DS7 He helped me get my screen name by telling me he had a ‘frickle’ on his face. He loves Disney and his first trip that he could remember was Dec ‘05. He is a very bright boy…he loves soccer, Pokemon, & any sort of video game. He is also a collector.
Lil Frick - DS5 He loves Disney too but is scared of most rides since his first ride ever in ‘05 was Pirates & the drop freaked his little heart out. He is an avid golfer & loves SpongeBob, playing outside & zipping around on his scooter at break neck speeds.

Our trip first started off as a “mother/son” trip for Big Frickles and I. I have made some lovely friends called the Maelstromers on the community boards….and when they were putting together a DisMeet, I was in! I really wanted to meet these sweet people and I had been dying to go back to Disney, but DH doesn’t find the place to be so magical. He thinks of it as DisneyH-E-DoubleHockeySticks (pm me if you can’t figure that out) & he had already told me we weren’t going back for a long time because we needed to do something different for our next vacation. I was cool with that, but I saw the meet as a great opportunity for me to go again! Since Big Frickles loved it last time and would ride just about anything, I thought this was a great idea especially since we had two free round-trip plane tickets sitting in a drawer.

The plan was in place, reservations were made, Lil Frick was cool with not going because he and his Daddy were going to go on a train ride while we were gone and everything was looking lovely. BUT, there was one person who wasn’t o.k. with it. That was JoMomma, my mother. She is a constant worrier. I don’t have to worry about anything because she worries enough for me. She begged me daily to cancel my trip. We were going to get kidnapped, robbed, killed on a big ride, carpet burn, bug bites, gout, kidney failure, skin cancer, strep-throat, splinters…you name it, she worried about it. Soooooo, JoMomma slapped $500 in my hand one day and said ‘Tell Mr. Frick he has to go. I know it isn’t money that is keeping him from going with you, but you can’t go alone or I’ll never make it for worrying about you’. Wow. I showed the dough to Mr. Frick and told him that JoMomma was freaking out again, and he surprised me with a smile and the words ‘OK, I guess Lil Frick and I will go with you.’ I was thrilled! I was stressed! Changing ADR’s was a nightmare, but it was worth it to have my whole family with me!

One lovely tip I learned from my Dis Friend YAK is to have a bag in a closet…and as you buy things for your trip, toss it in the bag. Thank you YAK! I did it…I grabbed the big huge zip-lock bags for Kali River Rapids (again, nice tip from YAK), Disney candy, glow sticks, band-aids, ponchos and snacks for the car ride. For a month I tossed things into my basket. I bought new clothes like crazy, packed all my boys outfits in gallon-size zip-lock bags so I could throw them at them each morning as we got dressed (another wonderful tip I learned from the Dis!), got my car serviced and most importantly, made our Disney count-down chain!

Our trip to Disney last December was a surprise for the boys. They had no idea where we were going other than we were headed to see Mommy’s friends Mick and Bob (SpongeBob) & we were going to stay at Poly’s house. Heehee. It was great fun to surprise them…my plan didn’t go exactly perfect, but still they were surprised! This time though, it was huge fun to involve them in the planning and to count down the days together in excitement. We watched our Disney planning video over and over. We made a big list of what we wanted to do this time that we didn’t get to do last time. We were pumped. Well, the boys and I were pumped. Mr. Frick was pumped about things like college football & his latest business venture!

Next up: Sept 27th finally arrives and the Frickles Family is off! (again, insert the theme song from Vacation right here).
Click here to skip all the wonderful things people have said & go to the next chapter! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6&page=2&pp=15

Last edited by Frickles; 12-08-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

I am here! Great start Frick!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frick
That was JoMomma, my mother. She is a constant worrier. I don’t have to worry about anything because she worries enough for me. She begged me daily to cancel my trip. We were going to get kidnapped, robbed, killed on a big ride, carpet burn, bug bites, gout, kidney failure, skin cancer, strep-throat, splinters…you name it, she worried about it. Soooooo, JoMomma slapped $500 in my hand one day and said ‘Tell Mr. Frick he has to go. I know it isn’t money that is keeping him from going with you, but you can’t go alone or I’ll never make it for worrying about you’.
And you already know this, but I want Jomamma!!!!!!!! She sounds like the kind of mom anyone would want to have and clearly an amazing role model for you! No wonder you are such a great mom yourself!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the trippie details! Thanks!

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Last edited by horsegirl; 10-10-2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: you need to let people know that you really, really call her jomamma! not just a trippie made up id!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
1000thhappyhaunt
Maelstromer

I'm IN. Again.

Geez.

This one looks just a promising as the other.

Rolling some more tide,

Mel.

Last edited by 1000thhappyhaunt; 10-10-2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: So good that I subbed TWICE to it. Heh heh.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...

Frick! Excellent Sista!

We are so BORG.....but alas my Mother doesn't worry if I'm away (she probably does, but won't admit it...) without DH. Too bad because I'm sure DH would have really enjoyed meeting y'all. And he and Mr. Frick would be so BORG. On the golfing thing too! Can anyone say, Golf Widow!

You are so welcome for the bag in the closet tip!

Looking forward to reading more!

YAK

Last edited by Yzma and Kronk; 10-10-2006 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Future trip idea....I'll meet you at WDW. The Mr.'s can golf. Mom's and kids to the parks!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

Wow, will the real Frick-Report please stand up?

I guess we'll see which one mama likes best when she posts the next chapter.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
TwinkieMama
Ummmm.... can I phone a friend? ask the audience?
There have been know to be subliminal messages on these riddle threads
pre-twinkies I was a genetic mutator

It must be this one because when I tried to check on the other I got "invalid path"..... thus my witty and delightful comment has been lost to posterity.

So, again, to Frickles: Great start! Like it. Love it. Want some more of it...

(note this was not the original witty and delightful comment, this is more welcoming and average than witty and delightful.)
Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

It's THIS one!! Stick with THIS one! OOoopsies! See why I don't do these things!

Pardon me!

Thanks for the lovely comments already!

Last edited by Frickles; 10-10-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: oh fiddlesticks
Old 10-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

FRICKLES!! You sweet Southern Belle!! This is a great start! Remember all those PMs when we were BOTH deciding if we should go? We both had just a touch of JoMomma in us, methinks. Imagine if our worries had gotten the best of us?? We might have missed one of the greatest gifts of my lifetime: the meet the Dis created!

Great start...keep it coming!
Love,
Jamal
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!

Last edited by jamal; 10-10-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: looooooovvvvvvvvvveeee JoMomma!!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

Quote:
Huge Alabama football fan. Roll Tide!
Hooked me. That was easy enough.

Did he play football for Alabama?

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 10-10-2006 at 02:33 PM. Reason: I didn't even know there were two of these. Man, I've gotta get on that internet.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Frick!!!!!

I'm so happy to see this here today. You are funny as all get out and I can't wait to see this tale spun!!

Last edited by sheridac; 10-10-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I also will exempt myself since I know the how. AND HOW!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #11
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Another one......I am glad you are writing a trip report Frickles. The more the merrier.

It is great how they all chime in too....And all have great tips.

--

Last edited by NAB; 10-10-2006 at 03:09 PM. Reason: What more could you ask for , pics maybe.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #12
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

YAY!!! I now have the Vacation song stuck in my craw "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick..Heyyy..Ohhhhh..." (My very best favorite movie!)

Your boys are SO cute in their white clothing! My kids are allergic to white!

I love JoMomma! I say that too! Sheeesh! How sweet of her to worry for you! Did you end up with any of the ailments she stewed over?

Cant wait for more!!! I better get through the first time becasue I dont know if I can remember all this witty banter...
Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Frickles My Girl!

I'm so glad you're writing a trip report! You're off to a great start so far. I'm really looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the World.

Bring it on Woman.

Last edited by LaLa; 10-10-2006 at 04:09 PM. Reason: So what are yall saying? Mel's copying Frick or Frick is copying Mel? With the two trip reports at one time thing?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
drebert
Pirate deficient
Missed it by that much!
awww. Another place to play and to avoid work

Subscribing!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

I am here and in, with a Pop Tart, brown sugar cinnamin or however you spell it

Last edited by Grammyof2; 10-10-2006 at 06:17 PM. Reason: using a pop tart setting on my toaster

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: