Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #331
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

One of the ways that Disney really accommodated us was by giving us the latest flight out of Orlando. On our departure day, our flight didn't leave until evening-so that we could have as much time as possible at Disney
I really wanted to spend the last little bit of time at the Magic Kingdom. It's always hard for me to leave and I knew that this time was going to be rough!
My goal was to find something unique and special that would always remind me of this experience. Up until this point, I hadn't had much luck...
When we get to the MK, Joey has a couple of places that he thinks we should go and look for a keepsake. We go into the first shop and I look around and I just don't find anything that makes me think..."That's it!!!"
We try another shop and nothing there either...Now mind you, there are many things that were beautiful and nice to look at, but nothing that just screamed, "I'm it!!!"
Finally, we get to the crystal shop...it's called Arribas...
I look in all the glass cabinets and while I find a lot there that I love...I was looking for something unique that was just for me. The kids and DH were occupied by the guy making glass creations, so I had plenty of time to look and think.

Finally, Joey comes over and says, "What about a picture frame?" I say, "Show me." We walk over and there are these really pretty glass frames that have Mickey and the castle etched into them with the words "Magic Kingdom"....HMMM I'm thinking...
Joey suggests that we have something personal etched onto it that would make it a unique keepsake...
DH, who is listening at this point, starts giving suggestions...
OK...I'm liking it...
So we begin tossing around some phrases...
We come up with a personal message with our name and the date...
The guy that etches isn't there at the moment, so we go to lunch and come back...
As we return, he is just finishing up...
We are chitchatting with him, and Joey asks if he was there on Wednesday. He replies, "Yes, I etched your glass slipper"
Oh, Wow!!!
That made it perfect!!!
The really cool thing was as the lady was getting ready to ring it up, she begins to count words to price the etching. The guy steps over and asks, "We aren't charging her for the etching are we?" She replies, "Well, yeah"...He states, "No, we aren't..." He looks at me and says, "We want to do our part to make your trip special!"
AMAZING!!! These vendors are not Disney employees...so this isn't a Disney store and he didn't have to do that! It was so kind and thoughtful. It really touched me!
It really was the perfect keepsake and it is something that I will treasure forever!
Unfortunately, time has run out! It's time to go and pick up the luggage, say our goodbyes, and head to the airport.
As I look down Main St. that one last time, I try to capture it all...until next time, I think to myself as that tear runs down my cheek. DS puts an arm around me and says, "It's OK, mom..." I know...but it's so hard to leave. My husband takes my hand and we walk out trying to process everything that's happened...

We get back to the resort, retrieve our luggage, say goodbye to Joey and Christi (Disney contact), and climb into the limo...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.
We spend our time in the airport looking at the press and clips from the past week. As we touch down, just before midnight, in Cleveland...DS looks at me and says, "Well, it's official. We're pumpkins again!"
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #332
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks
One of the ways that Disney really accommodated us was by giving us the latest flight out of Orlando. On our departure day, our flight didn't leave until evening-so that we could have as much time as possible at Disney
We get back to the resort, retrieve our luggage, say goodbye to Joey and Christi (Disney contact), and climb into the limo...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.
We spend our time in the airport looking at the press and clips from the past week. As we touch down, just before midnight, in Cleveland...DS looks at me and says, "Well, it's official. We're pumpkins again!"

OK< So how long/ how many days were you in disney?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #333
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a sweet yet sad ending to your wonderful trip! How lucky you and your family were to have been blessed with this trip and the memories of a lifetime - Congratulations again!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #334
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Fantastic report. Any comments about how you were all treated the next day at work or school?

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 10-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #335
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Quote:
"Well, it's official. We're pumpkins again!"

You will never be just pumpkins to us! Thank you so much for sharing your magical trip with the rest of us dreamers!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #336
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip report today but I watched Good Morning America and saw your family in MK that lovely morning. It is awesome that your doing a trip report to share with all of us. Your vacation sounds magical!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #337
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

A beautiful ending to a magical trip! Thank you again and again for sharing it all with us.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
Old 10-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #338
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.

It is most definately NOT silly. If it is, then there are thousands of us SILLY people out there. I cry from excitement when I land in Orlando on my way to my most magical place, then I cry from special feelings during all of the fireworks shows, and sometimes for no apparant reason, and then I cry when I leave because I know how much I will miss WDW when I am back in reality. Welcome to the club of blubberers.
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #339
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG4Kids
It is most definately NOT silly. If it is, then there are thousands of us SILLY people out there. I cry from excitement when I land in Orlando on my way to my most magical place, then I cry from special feelings during all of the fireworks shows, and sometimes for no apparant reason, and then I cry when I leave because I know how much I will miss WDW when I am back in reality. Welcome to the club of blubberers.

Thanks!!!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #340
BONITATIME
I like to drink all year out of our collection of disney glasses, it reminds me of the magic

Quote:
and climb into the limo...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.
Not silly at all I am sitting here crying just thinking about your leaving.
I am sure it was the most wonderful trip and I thank you for sharing it.
1978 disneyland 1986 WDW 2004 June HI 5 days : NYH 3-8 Dec 2005 May 27-29 kyriad HI 2rd-10th Dec 2006 26 May, DCR 20th- 26 Aug, Marriots 2-9 Dec 2007 Kyriad DLRP Feb 20-22 & June 21-24 :WDW BC 8/14-8/16 & Vistana 8/26-9/8, DLRP 21/12-23/12 2008 - WDW POP C & Coronado S apr27/may4 DLRP octHoliday Inn Feb 2009 NPBC Dec 2009
Pin Trading under BONITATIME
Old 10-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #341
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
Fantastic report. Any comments about how you were all treated the next day at work or school?
Nothing prepared us for the flurry of excitement that would surround us and this trip!

Our story was in all the local papers and news shows! Our family made sure there were plenty of copies for us when we arrived home.
We were interviewed by our local paper as well for a story to run at a later date...It was just in this past week's paper.
Many teachers at the kids' school had our picture posted on their boards and everyone wanted to hear about the trip!
So many people just thought that we were getting a trip to Disney, they didn't realize what a BIG deal it was!!! To be honest with you, we didn't realize how big it would be!
I think the craziest (good crazy) one was a message left on our machine from a guy in New Zealand! He had seen the clip and wanted to interview us for his radio show in New Zealand!!! DH said that New Zealand was a little far to call for an interview
It was so much fun to search the internet looking for articles on us! How many people can Google their names and get tons of hits?!
We found that our surprise on Main St. was shown internationally and that was really something else!
It has been so much fun to tell people about all the wonderful things that Disney did for us. I have appreciated so much all the other DIS members who have posted such kind comments and good wishes! The kids have loved seeing where everyone was from and to see posts from other countries! What an experience for them!

You know, people have asked, "How can you ever go back? Wouldn't it just be so blah after this trip?" Our answer..."NO WAY!!!" See, we've always had fun at Disney...it has been the most fun that we have ever had on vacation! Of course, I have to admit that this is the MOST fun we've ever had at Disney!
But, we'll go back and we'll have fun just like we've always had. Think of the memories...I will never be able to look at the carousel and not see it full of characters...
We can walk down Main St. and stop at "the spot" where 1500 CM's showed up to greet us!!!
We'll always remember the magic that we felt that day and it will live forever in our hearts!
Our children have quite a story to share with their own children someday when they take them to Disney!
We were blessed and so grateful to be a part of Disney history...to be the family that stood on Main St. alone with the castle in the background!
Eventually, the excitement will die down and that's OK...there are perks to being "pumpkins"
But, for our family, it was a magical time when we were treated like royalty and one journey that will never, ever be forgotten!!!
Thanks to all for EVERYTHING!!!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004

Last edited by minnierocks; 10-23-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #342
outlander
I AM keeping my fingers crossed
But oysters are so ugly and pearls are so pretty

Thanks again for sharing your magic with us minnierocks.
here's to many more magical momements!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #343
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
I really wanted to spend the last little bit of time at the Magic Kingdom. It's always hard for me to leave and I knew that this time was going to be rough!
My goal was to find something unique and special that would always remind me of this experience. Up until this point, I hadn't had much luck...
When we get to the MK, Joey has a couple of places that he thinks we should go and look for a keepsake. We go into the first shop and I look around and I just don't find anything that makes me think..."That's it!!!"
We try another shop and nothing there either...Now mind you, there are many things that were beautiful and nice to look at, but nothing that just screamed, "I'm it!!!"
Finally, we get to the crystal shop...it's called Arribas...
I look in all the glass cabinets and while I find a lot there that I love...I was looking for something unique that was just for me. The kids and DH were occupied by the guy making glass creations, so I had plenty of time to look and think.

Finally, Joey comes over and says, "What about a picture frame?" I say, "Show me." We walk over and there are these really pretty glass frames that have Mickey and the castle etched into them with the words "Magic Kingdom"....HMMM I'm thinking...
Joey suggests that we have something personal etched onto it that would make it a unique keepsake...
DH, who is listening at this point, starts giving suggestions...
OK...I'm liking it...
So we begin tossing around some phrases...
We come up with a personal message with our name and the date...
The guy that etches isn't there at the moment, so we go to lunch and come back...
As we return, he is just finishing up...
We are chitchatting with him, and Joey asks if he was there on Wednesday. He replies, "Yes, I etched your glass slipper"
Oh, Wow!!!
That made it perfect!!!
The really cool thing was as the lady was getting ready to ring it up, she begins to count words to price the etching. The guy steps over and asks, "We aren't charging her for the etching are we?" She replies, "Well, yeah"...He states, "No, we aren't..." He looks at me and says, "We want to do our part to make your trip special!"
AMAZING!!! These vendors are not Disney employees...so this isn't a Disney store and he didn't have to do that! It was so kind and thoughtful. It really touched me!
It really was the perfect keepsake and it is something that I will treasure forever!
Unfortunately, time has run out! It's time to go and pick up the luggage, say our goodbyes, and head to the airport.
As I look down Main St. that one last time, I try to capture it all...until next time, I think to myself as that tear runs down my cheek. DS puts an arm around me and says, "It's OK, mom..." I know...but it's so hard to leave. My husband takes my hand and we walk out trying to process everything that's happened...

No one is ever a pumpkin!!!

I have loved reading your trip report. I have also enjoyed reading all of the responses.
Disney really does now how to make our dreams come true. Mine came true just reading about your magic.
I think even years from now if I was to watch the video of you standing in front of the castle waving and then you are mobbed by everyone I will cry each and every time.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #344
OhioTony
DIS Veteran

Thanks painting the picture of your trip of a lifetime for us, with your wonderful reports
Nothing "silly" about cryin' down Mainstreet...My wife insinsts on walking backwards down Mainstreet on our last day at the MK. I have to be her "forward" eyes to keep her from tripping, or running into someone...
now THAT'S just SILLY!!!
(2001)WILDERNESS CABINS,(2002)DISNEY WONDER,(2003)-THAT OTHER PLACE IN ORLANDO!,(2004)CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT,(2005)-POP CENTURY,(2006)THAT OTHER PLACE IN ORLANDO!,(2007)PORT ORLEANS-FRENCH QUARTER!,(2008) Liberty of the Seas,(2009)-Coronado Springs in September!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #345
Tosie
1100 miles from "home"

Thank you for sharing your report! Sounds like this prize couldn't have gone to a nicer family!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: