Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #16
Lan
D23 Charter Year Member

Hi Minnierocks!

I didn't see you "live" but watched the video of your television debut. I can't wait to hear more about your dream vacation.
WDW - Pin & Vinylmation Events Sept 12-15
WDW - Food & Wine Oct 11-14
WDW - Dec 5-8

WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 7-12
WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend Feb 19-23
DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean Cruise Sept 27- Oct 4
Blog: DizThruBrownEyes.com
Old 10-10-2006, 08:14 AM   #17
Vickie46
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear all the details.. thanks for sharing your trip report with us!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2006, 08:21 AM   #18
theflowerladee
DISNEY MOM

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited to hear your great trip report.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #19
mickeymousemom
Missing: Three tags last seen in this space. Large reward for any info leading to their return.

Location: An hour north of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and 90 minutes south of legendary NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!

Wow! I just learned you are indeed a DIS member! Congratulations! You have no idea how much my whole family enjoyed watching the video of your family. I literally sobbed and laughed everytime I showed it to someone. I can't wait to read the rest of your report!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #20
ntburns22
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your story. I was so excited when I saw on FOX 8 that morning that a family from Ohio had one. It brought tears to my eyes to see how excited everyone was. I am looking forward to the rest of your report. Hello from Willard.
DD 4
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #21
mommic32
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited!
I cant wait to read your story..

Mom of 2:

Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #22
kaitlin-n-mom
Mouseketeer

Please, Details, Details!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

DD17 Me
November 1996 - Offsite, November 1997 - Offsite, December 2000 - Offsite, February 2004 - All Star Music (School Band Trip), November 2005 - Offsite, January 2007 - Saratoga Springs, November 2008 - Pop

[/url] I've been Tree'd by Sheribo!!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #23
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

DH and I thought about surprising the kids and not telling them until time to leave, but realized that the anticipation of this trip would be half the fun! So while they were at school, I went to the store and bought two suitcases. We travel, but we're usually a road trip family... They needed luggage that was on wheels to pull through the airport. This was their first time to fly!

So after dinner that evening, we let them finish their homework. We figured not much concentrating would go on after we told them!
Earlier in the day, I had found the press release from June that talked about the sweepstakes. It is the one posted on many sites. We called the kids into the family room and I began reading...."Ever wish you could have the Magic Kingdom all to yourself? Well, one lucky family will get to do just that..."

About this time, I look at my DS and anyone who has a 13 year old knows that he was wondering why he had to stop playing video games for this
Of course, DD says..."How cool would that be?"

So I skimmed through the text and just read the parts that would give a big build up and then my DH, in his best announcer voice booms "And the winner is...The Spangler Family!"

I'll tell you, I would have given a large sum to have someone snap a picture at that moment. I have not seen that much animation on my DS's face in 6 months!
He was like..."We won? Are you serious?"
He was so excited that he just couldn't contain his emotion... jumping out of his chair for a hug!
DD was doing jumping up and down and singing, "We're going to Disney World!"

The suitcases came out of the closet and they realized that we were going to get to fly this time. This was cause for another round of excitement!

It really was incredible! I still didn't truly believe that this wonderful thing was happening to us!
This was real Disney magic!
Then reality kicked in...so much to do in so little time!!! Usually, I have a year to get ready for Disney...this time just a few weeks!

Stay tuned...our countdown begins
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #24
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks
DH and I thought about surprising the kids and not telling them until time to leave, but realized that the anticipation of this trip would be half the fun! So while they were at school, I went to the store and bought two suitcases. We travel, but we're usually a road trip family... They needed luggage that was on wheels to pull through the airport. This was their first time to fly!

So after dinner that evening, we let them finish their homework. We figured not much concentrating would go on after we told them!
Earlier in the day, I had found the press release from June that talked about the sweepstakes. It is the one posted on many sites. We called the kids into the family room and I began reading...."Ever wish you could have the Magic Kingdom all to yourself? Well, one lucky family will get to do just that..."

About this time, I look at my DS and anyone who has a 13 year old knows that he was wondering why he had to stop playing video games for this
Of course, DD says..."How cool would that be?"

So I skimmed through the text and just read the parts that would give a big build up and then my DH, in his best announcer voice booms "And the winner is...The Spangler Family!"

I'll tell you, I would have given a large sum to have someone snap a picture at that moment. I have not seen that much animation on my DS's face in 6 months!
He was like..."We won? Are you serious?"
He was so excited that he just couldn't contain his emotion... jumping out of his chair for a hug!
DD was doing jumping up and down and singing, "We're going to Disney World!"

The suitcases came out of the closet and they realized that we were going to get to fly this time. This was cause for another round of excitement!

It really was incredible! I still didn't truly believe that this wonderful thing was happening to us!
This was real Disney magic!
Then reality kicked in...so much to do in so little time!!! Usually, I have a year to get ready for Disney...this time just a few weeks!

Stay tuned...our countdown begins
This is the best story!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and tearing up all over again just reading this! What an awesome, special, magical thing!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to all of the details that you are willing to share.
Any pictures will just be the icing on the cake, too.
Seriously, thank you for taking your time to share with all of us!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #25
stampinshauna
Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line--Been there, done that, GOING BACK!!!

Thanks for sharing your trip report with us, I can't wait to read more.

Also, does anyone have a link for the GMA clip, I'd love to see it and can't find it on their website.
WDW 5/10, 2/10, 11/09, 10/08, 2/07, 10/05, 10/04, 1/04, 5/99, 2/86

DVC Member since 12/05

Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #26
mickeymousemom
Missing: Three tags last seen in this space. Large reward for any info leading to their return.

Location: An hour north of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and 90 minutes south of legendary NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!

Okay...I'm beside myself waiting for the details of your trip! I'm such an idiot...in tears while reading this to my DH..
Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #27
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

cant wait for more
congrats to you and your family
Old 10-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #28
BeautyNBeast
Mouseketeer

That is so awesome I am tearing up reading this. How much fun would that have been telling your sons. Cannot wait to read all about your trip!

March 2003: Engaged at MK-offsite
December 2004: Vacation at WDW-offsite
December 2005: Honeymoon at WDW-POFQ
May 2006: Pop Century
Dec 2006:Trip with the inlaws-SSR
April 2007:Spring trip at BWV
October 2007: MNSSHP at OKW
December 2007: Christmas at SSR
October 2008: OKW
December 2008: Christmas at SSR
December 2009: Christmas at SSR
Old 10-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #29
saschab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks

Ah, yes, I know the attitude well.

Can't wait to hear more.

And how weird is it to see your picture in someone else's signature?! You're a celebrity now!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #30
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinshauna
Thanks for sharing your trip report with us, I can't wait to read more.

Also, does anyone have a link for the GMA clip, I'd love to see it and can't find it on their website.

I don't have the link to the clip from GMA, however I do have this:
http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/disney/25613/
It is better than the GMA clip, IMO. If you click on the link for the picture (on the right side of this page) of them walking with Minnie on the red carpet, it gives you a good long video.
Oh Minnierocks! Just watching this again made me cry. It is so wonderful!
Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: