Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #256
mississaugamom
DIS Veteran

MinnieRocks ... thank you so much for your awesome trip report!!!!

I'm thrilled that such a wonderful family got to enjoy the Trip of A Lifetime and that you're sharing all the happy details with us!

Arlene
Old 10-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #257
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

How wonderful - thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!

I am looking forward to reading the rest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #258
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

After lunch, we had about 4 or 5 hours to pretty much do whatever we wanted We went to Space Mountain and got to go into the tower and see how the ride worked! It was so crazy...as we were standing there some people were yelling..."It's the Spanglers!" and waving Everywhere we went, there were so many well wishers...it was just so much fun!!! We rode the "big white boat" as my kids call it and DD got to steer it. We rode Pooh, and saw Philharmagic (one of my personal favorites), we caught the afternoon show...

We shopped a little along Main St. DD got her hat autographed by Mickey...
One of the little things that Joey magically made happen...DS had expressed that he was interested in graphic design...He got to meet one of the graphic designers and the young man was so kind. He showed us some of the things that he had designed and let Derick look at his program. He also told him to pay attention in math and art because you really will need it someday!!! THANK YOU, JASON!!!

Another cool thing that Joey "made" happen...we had mentioned after chatting with the Dream Squad that it would be really awesome to watch a giveaway. So many wonderfull things had happened to us, we wanted to see the magic spread! It was so fun to see the looks on people's faces when they realized they had won something!!!

We were told that someone else wanted to meet us...we were taken to a small courtyard area to meet "Meg"... HELLO!? She's the president of Disney World and she wanted to greet us personally and welcome us!!! For us, this was very, very amazing and so much of what makes Disney...well, Disney! Her name tag was no different than anyone else's, there were no formalities...just a wonderfully, pleasant woman who was gracious enough to take time out her day, to make us feel welcome!

That's what made this week so special for us...it was the people!!! The visitors in the park who expressed their good wishes It was the CM's who got up so early to surprise us It was the servers, resort personnel, our tour guide, the people in the PR and the marketing department, the ones who put a lot of hours in working on this trip, the photographers and videographers who spent all day Wednesday at the park!!! So many people, so much time and so much effort and they were all so wonderful to spend time with! They made us feel welcome and special and pampered and I'll tell you for a family from the middle of nowhere (as DS puts it), we couldn't have been more grateful for the chance to live this dream!
What a journey...what a memory...

Oh by the way, did I mention that we were grand marshals for the afternoon parade?
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-18-2006, 02:17 PM   #259
nealymouse
DIS Veteran

WOW

Old 10-18-2006, 02:36 PM   #260
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

We walked over to the parade staging area and met the man in charge of the parades...as was the case everyone...he was great! He gave each of us a very special pair of ears...the blue "Where Dreams Come True" ones (the ears lit up). He let us know that we would be riding along the parade route and would have the opportunity to wave at everyone...then we would be followed by a marching band. I assumed that meant that the afternoon parade would follow the band.

It was so much fun...we rode through and they were announcing our names and people were waving and cheering!

We get to the end and leave the vehicle and enter a little corner section that they had roped off for us. It was in the shade and they had been thoughtful enough to have some cold water for us. We're just standing there chatting and I realize that there is no "rest of the parade"!! The afternoon parade would come shortly, but that marching band was just for US!!! Incredible!!!

We tooled around and did some other things here and there...Buzz Lightyear, a little more shopping...the kids got to decorate their own Mickey rice krispy treat. Our dinner reservations were at 6:30-We were dining at Tony's Town Square. We've never dined there...and we were looking forward to it.

When it was time, we head to the restaurant. We're seated and everything on the menu looks fabulous! It was really hard for me to decide what to eat, but I order the spaghetti and meatballs. I am not disappointed-It was so good!

After dinner, they come out with a surprise!!! An unbirthday party-just for
us! It was just one thing after another all week and I was on sensory overload! It was a great meal!!!
Afterwards, we looked around in the gift shop...I was looking for the perfect keepsake-and I just hadn't found it yet! Time was running out!

When we were finished, we headed over to the Main St. station-that was our special viewing location for the night time parade and the fireworks! Disney had some more magic in store for us!

They had prepared a very special dessert for us. When we walked up the stairs and into the roped off area, there stood a chef (in full chef attire). He was standing in front of a linen draped table with the most beautiful tray of desserts that I had ever seen! There sitting on a cloud of blue spun sugar was Cinderella's castle crafted out of white chocolate! Surrounding the castle were perfectly scrumptious and gorgeous chocolate hazelnut thingies (I think that's the official term ), strawberries dipped in chocolate, and tiny fruit tarts!!! AMAZING!!! He took the time to welcome us and explain what he had prepared for us. Guess what? They were just for us!!!

As we are seated at our special table, there are drinks that were specially made for the occasion...

It was beautiful!!! The parade started and we were able to just enjoy the magic! Spending time on that balcony made me realize that life is too short to not enjoy every minute! No one is guaranteed a tomorrow and there are no "do-overs"...now is the time to live, laugh, and love!

As I watched the fireworks surrounded by those who are most precious to me in this world, I just wanted to take it all in! The sights, the sounds, and their laughter. How blessed I truly am! I am so thankful for them and all that I have! I believe there is a master plan for everything, so for whatever reason I was there at that time and that place...WOW! I am just so grateful for that opportunity!

Well, the evening came to end...
As we headed back to the resort, there was silence. Each one of us were still trying to take it all in...What an incredible day!!!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004

Last edited by minnierocks; 10-18-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #261
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Yay!!!
I'm a mousketeer!!!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #262
ZipaDeeDooDah
What happens on the DIS boards, stays on the DIS boards!!!
Not necessarily
Best International WPASADI Cheerleader

This is such a beautiful trip report!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #263
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks
As I watched the fireworks surrounded by those who are most precious to me in this world, I just wanted to take it all in! The sights, the sounds, and their laughter. How blessed I truly am! I am so thankful for them and all that I have! I believe there is a master plan for everything, so for whatever reason I was there at that time and that place...WOW! I am just so grateful for that opportunity!
Minnierocks, not only are we fortunate enough to have you provide such an excellently fun and enjoyable trip report, but you even take the time to remind us of the important things in life. We are truly the ones blessed to have you spread the pixie dust on this board!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #264
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

I agree! I feel like I am there with you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipaDeeDooDah
This is such a beautiful trip report!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #265
sharonW
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful feeling this had to be for you and
yours. Your certaintly did receive the full VIP treatment
sprinkled with magic and pixie dust. I am so enjoying
every moment of this wonderful experience. A big big
thank your from me along with all of the others readers.
To hear about this trip from you personally reminds all
we disney lovers that disneyworld really is the most
magical place on earth....and dreams really do come true!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #266
tammyandtommy
Just call me Duckie!

oh no it isnt over is it? I just found it! Im sooo glad that one of the Dis'ers got to experience this!
ds irate:
Old 10-18-2006, 04:31 PM   #267
ferris198
DIS Veteran

Minnierocks, I just lost it again reading this latest installment.
I think Kleenex should be sending you royalties or something !
I am certain that reading this Trip report has cost me at least a couple of boxes.
Congrats.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #268
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy
Minnierocks, not only are we fortunate enough to have you provide such an excellently fun and enjoyable trip report, but you even take the time to remind us of the important things in life. We are truly the ones blessed to have you spread the pixie dust on this board!
AMEN!!

Disney did a great job picking a deserving family for the Keys to the Kingdom prize. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience with us! and letting us live vicariously through you during that time!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #269
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

What a magical trip!!

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

Old 10-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #270
ppiew
DIS Veteran

Again thank you so much! Print out your trip report and give it to your children - it will be such an awesome gift!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: