Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #211
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team
The squats have really started to lift my butt

Minnierocks...

Thanks so much for sharing your dream of a lifetime with all of us. The excitement of your trip is certainly conveyed in your posts. Can't wait to read the next one.

Congrats on the trip of a lifetime. It couldn't have gone to a nicer family.
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #212
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

I am with everyone else, I have shivers going up my spine reading about your day at the MK. Boy I couldn't even imagine, your family is so lucky & I am so happy you are sharing this with us! How can anything ever top this

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #213
2angelsinheaven
Loves making dreams come true!

Still reading, love your reports. Isn't Disney magical. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #214
MrOakie
So, I went out & bought my stir crazy!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's certainly a dream come true I was reading your trip report aloud to my wife, and I was choking up reading it.

(ME) (Kim - DW) (Allie) (Mama) (Secret) (Lil Bit)

October 2013 - CBR & MNSSHP
8/06 - CBR / 11/09 AS Movies & MVMCP / 10/10 - All Star Movies & MNSSHP / 11/12 -Pop Century & MNSSHP

Make a new Best Friend- Adopt A Homeless Pet
Old 10-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #215
connorsmom911
DIS Veteran

Definitely a once in a lifetime, dream come true for you and your family. But we here on the DIS are just as lucky that you have taken the time to write and post your detailed trip report about the whole adventure. It's like you took all of us along for the ride!!! Disney did good picking such a wonderful family to win this "Dream", cause you have shared that dream with so many others right here and around the world!!

Thanks so much for sharing, and I echo all the others here with the "waterworks"! Wonderful writing!

And a shout out from those in Canada!!

Life in Six Words..."Making My Own Happily Ever After"
Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #216
ppiew
DIS Veteran

If a family were hand picked, they could not have done a better job than the Spangler family! For you to take the time to share this dream with all of us is remarkable! We will be forever in your debt.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #217
mickeymousemom
Missing: Three tags last seen in this space. Large reward for any info leading to their return.

Location: An hour north of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and 90 minutes south of legendary NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!

I'm crying....again. Geez. Thank you so much for sharing it all with us. It seems as though Disney couldn't have picked a nicer family!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #218
I heart the mouse
Mouseketeer

Minnierocks- This was a dream come true for you and your family. It is a dream come true for us that we get to "talk" to you and feel so close to the experience too! Thank you so much. I'm crying along with everybody else. I can completely feel your overwhelming joy thru this whole report..and that video!!! LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! And so happy your daughter had that beautiful exchange with Cinderella!!!!! She will never forget that! Your family seems so wonderful and kind. I am truely happy for you all. You were the perfect family to win! I feel like I know you all now! Do you feel like its sunk in yet? The enourmity of it all?? Whats it like being home now? Are you still floating on cloud nine, and how hard is it to get back to reality?? I hope the magic feels strong inside of you all for a very, very long time. I hope you can carry it with you forever! What a beautiful gift.
Polynesian GVC November 2004
Beach Club Water View Sept. 2005
WL Deluxe/Disney Wonder Cat 4 May 2006
Polynesian LVC September 2006
AKL club level/Villas WL Jan into Feb 2007
CR/Poly Nov. 2007
Poly LVC August 2008
Poly LVC March 2009
HHI next in July 2009!
Poly LVC August 2009!

The five of us tackle Disney again!

See what a little imagination can do?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #219
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

more please
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #220
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

Minnierocks.......Just found your report and subbing so I can finish later. Your dream is of course the dream trip of everyone on the DIS boards. Thanks for sharing it with us....
Old 10-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #221
I'mAlittleBitGoofy
Official DISney addict!

Omg, I am in tears sitting here reading this. You have described it beautifully. Enough to make me feel like I was there. I am so happy for you and your family. Congratulations again, and thank you for sharing with us!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #222
Lauralee131
DIS Veteran

I didn't cry this much when Bambi's mother got shot!

Oh my gosh - I can't take it...I'm bawling like a baby after having read your last post...Is that crazy? At least I'm not the only one to admit crying...are we all starting to creep you out yet or what???

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your sharing this amazing, unbelievable experience of a lifetime with us!! And please, DON'T spare the details...no matter how insignificant you think they are!!! We all want to know!!! We're waiting to hear!!!

Can't wait for more!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #223
I'mAlittleBitGoofy
Official DISney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralee131
Oh my gosh - I can't take it...I'm bawling like a baby after having read your last post...Is that crazy? At least I'm not the only one to admit crying...are we all starting to creep you out yet or what???

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your sharing this amazing, unbelievable experience of a lifetime with us!! And please, DON'T spare the details...no matter how insignificant you think they are!!! We all want to know!!! We're waiting to hear!!!

Can't wait for more!!!
I was thinking the same, how could I be bawling like a baby over this!? Lol
Then I realized this is really our dream to do this. We all love Disney sooo much and reading Minnies trip report is kind of like a surrogate dream for us. LOVE IT! I am such a Disney dork and proud of it!!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:31 PM   #224
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAlittleBitGoofy

I am such a Disney dork and proud of it!!

me too!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #225
BC
DIS Veteran

Wow, this is awesome!

Minnierocks, was everything you ate, drank and purchased included in your prize? The way my crowd eats, Disney could fold in a day!! For example, if you decided you wanted a Mickey ice cream, you just got walked over and got it and maybe an hour later you wanted something else and it was magically given to you?? I was thinking I might feel uncomfortable with someone from the park walking along with us everywhere, but it sounds like "Joey" was the right guy for the job. I would probably be hesitant to ask for anything in particular if I thought it was going to be given to me, but I guess I could get over it real quick!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: