Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #166
Towncrier
DIS Veteran

Still lovein' this trip report. Might I suggest that when you post pictures, that you use the [ IMG ] tags in order to get the actual image included in the post? Like this:

Keep the report and photos coming.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #167
serendipity
DIS Veteran

ahhh the suspense! I love reading this TR! How cool to have Joey do everything for you!
January 2008- Paris (with day trip to Disneyland Paris), Germany, Austria, Florence and Rome!!!/May 2007- Honeymoon at Disneyland and the great out west!/February 2007-Long weekend at POR/November 2007-Early Christmas at ASSp/WL/AKL/April 2006-Birthday celebration/1st trip with my husband at ASMo/AKL/1996-2000- Summers in Orlando every year to visit my Grandmother

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #168
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

We get to the MK and walk in somewhere around Tony's Town Square...we finish watching the Family Parade and go over to guest services. There is some rooms behind there, where we were meeting some folks from Disney.

It was a pretty warm day and they had set out some refreshments for us! (Just one of the many thoughtful things that were done for us during our trip)

There were about 5 people there-all who were working on this particular event. A few of them I had already spoken to on the phone-but it was nice to meet them face to face. They really just wanted to give us a rundown on the events for Wednesday to make sure that we were comfortable and well informed. They filled us in on time frames and what would actually happen during those times. You know, I really appreciated the time that everyone took to make sure that we knew the plan...of course, everyone now knows that they still had a few surprises in store for us!!!

We took a walk out onto Main St. and they let us know where they wanted us to stop and turn around for that picture in front of the castle. I think it started to hit me just how incredible this was-when they started talking about how this has never been done before! That this is the first time that they had gotten a picture with just one family in front of the castle! It was going to be my family!!! How crazy and how wonderful!!!

I did happen to ask the question if we needed to wear anything in particular and they really just asked that we dress like we would normally dress to go to the park...just to be comfortable. Later, someone did remember to ask us to wear our ears and hats later in the day...they didn't want to cast shadows on our face with the morning sun.... No problem...and the nice thing was no pressure...just be comfortable... just be ourselves!

With all that out of the way, we headed back to MGM for dinner at the Hollywood and Vine...that was the one meal that we requested. The kids love to eat there!!! So we tooled around the park visiting all the places that we wanted to and had great seats for Fantasmic! We all love that show! It was a beautiful night and we were back in our room by 8:40. We snuck out a back way and took a quick trip in the SUV.

We needed to get some sleep...it was going to be an early morning and a LONG day!!!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #169
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Might I suggest that when you post pictures, that you use the [ IMG ] tags in order to get the actual image included in the post? Like this:
I'll try!!!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #170
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky G
We were at WDW when you were and I recognized you from your photos. I think this may have been when we saw you. We ate at Prime Time and had Auntie Claire as our waitress. I think we were at the table next to you!

How Fun!!! You should've said "Hello!!!"
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #171
isma
Mouseketeer

I just found your report and I am loving it! That`s what every Disney fan is dreaming of! What a special VIP trip this was! I won a one day trip for Halloween to Disneyland Paris last week ( I also checked double if this was true ) and I am sooo excited that I can imagine how you must have felt with the kind of trip you won!! Thanks for sharing your Disney magic, now we all can feel a little of the Pixie Dust
WDW 2008 All Star-Sports
2009 Newport Bay Club
Old 10-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #172
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I love surprises and all of them seemed so perfect! I can't wait to hear about the day at MK!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #173
disneyc
I love Disney World!! We were the Grand Marshals in the Main Street Family Fun Day Parade on Satuday, July 7, 2007!

Hey MinnieRocks!!!!!!!

Congrats to your family! What ana awesome experience!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to read the rest of tour trip report...especially the part about Wednesday!!!

thanks for sharing with us!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #174
Vickie46
DIS Veteran

oh Minnie Rocks.. I can't wait to read the rest!!!!!! Thanks again for sharing your trip report and congrats!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #175
krdisneybound

After 5000 posts, the tag fairy found me!
Patience is a virtue

What a wonderful and fabulous adventure for your family. I am so very happy for you. What a lifetime full of memories.

Your reports are awesome to date
Old 10-16-2006, 08:25 AM   #176
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by isma
I just found your report and I am loving it! That`s what every Disney fan is dreaming of! What a special VIP trip this was! I won a one day trip for Halloween to Disneyland Paris last week ( I also checked double if this was true ) and I am sooo excited that I can imagine how you must have felt with the kind of trip you won!! Thanks for sharing your Disney magic, now we all can feel a little of the Pixie Dust

Hey isma. Congratulations to you, too!

Thanks Minnierocks for more details. Adding the pictures in the post is great! Thank you so much!!!!
I am looking forward to reading more..........especially your Magic Kingdom day!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 AM   #177
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

The alarm goes off at 5:15 AM...today is the BIG day!!! We need to be ready to go by 6:30. To be honest with you, I didn't sleep a lot. The anticipation was overwhelming, and the fear of oversleeping consuming!

Everyone was pretty tired this morning, but no problems with getting up and moving. Joey arrived and we met everyone else on the monorail platform. Ashley was all ready in her "Lucky" T-shirt because she said she was a very lucky girl. We all needed wired with mics for the big morning and our interview with GMA. We met our photographer and the videographer and waited for our time. When it was time, we boarded the monorail (in the front...That was really cool! ) and headed off for the MK. It was such a beautiful morning with the sun rising as we rode to the park.

We get there and meet a few more Disney folks, some we've met and others we haven't. I was really glad to get to meet the guy who gave me that wonderful phone call to tell us that we won!

They remind us that they won't be going with us...that this moment is just for us! OK...this is really happening!

You know as we walked into the park, it was just so amazing! The park was quiet and still. As we walked in, there was no one in sight! Soft music was barely audible and you didn't want to do or say anything to spoil the silence. It was just so beautiful! As we get a little farther in, for the first time we noticed just how visible the carousel was through the castle. Not that we had never noticed that it was there, but when thousands of people are running through trying to get to Dumbo first, you lose that full effect!

As we find our way walking down the red carpet, we were looking in all the shops and just noticing little details, that we just tend to overlook. Disney is tops because it pays attention to detail and I think sometimes we miss the beauty of it.

I will tell you, we looked in every shop window and there was nothing to be seen! Disney is also the master of disguise!

We reach the center of Main St. and we turn around to face the station for that castle shot and at the moment, the enormity of it all hit me! There standing on the Main St. station platform was more cameras then I could possibly imagine would ever be there for me!

I wanted that moment to be etched in all of our minds forever! This was the most incredible moment. I remember being so thankful that my children were old enough to remember this! That they would be able to comprehend the magic of this memory was a blessing.

As we are waving, the buglers appear on the tops of the buildings. You hear that royal announcement bugle call and it was breathtaking! The music begins to get louder and then we hear, "Tammy, Ray, Derick and Ashley! Welcome to YOUR Magic Kingdom!"

Are you kidding me? Our names were being announced over the sound system at Disney World welcoming us personally? This was just too much!
Of course, all that dissolved into a burst of "Be Our Guest" along with an explosion of characters and CMs flooding the streets to welcome us "Disney-style"

A moment to remember? Unbelievable!!!
Overwhelming? Yes!!!
Fabulous? Of course!!!
Once in a lifetime? Definitely!!!
I think Disney pulled off the surprise of a lifetime for us! I still don't know where all those people were, but they were not visible or audible and we were standing right in the middle of it! It was amazing!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
Keys to the Kingdom TR

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
Old 10-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #178
katydidbug1
Mrs. Smee, My Heart Belongs to a Pirate.

OMG!!! I got chills just reading this...thanks so much for sharing it with us
Old 10-16-2006, 10:00 AM   #179
Becky G
Mouseketeer

I got chills, too, while reading this! Wow! This is the most wonderful prize/experience that I can think of and I'm so glad that you're sharing it with us.

March 31-April 7, 2001--Dolphin
March 30-April 8, 2005--Pop Century
September 29-October 8, 2006--Pop Century

GottaLoveTheMickeyMouSe
Old 10-16-2006, 10:05 AM   #180
CinRell
DIS Veteran

**crying AGAIN**.. we're so so blessed to have you on the DIS boards!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: