Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
dbm20th
Mickey's Uncle

Trip Report 11/10-11/19

Just for a frame of reference, this why our first trip "home" as a DVC member and my wife and I brought my Mother, Father, Brother, Sister in Law, and my niece and nephew.

Friday 11/10- We arrived about mid-afternoon, just my wife and I. We were originally supposed to come down at 10pm, but we changed our flight the day before. I think it is important to note that I will never take another airline if JetBlue is available. Not only did they allow us to change the flight, we actually received a credit for doing it! And the plane is amazing. Leg room, tv's, just the best.

We checked in at the POP and headed to EPCOT for Food and Wine. It was also an evening EMH at EPCOT. We had some Canadian Cheese Soup, some incredible baked thing at Mexico, and enough Sam Adams to keep the smile on despite the heavy crowds. Later on we had dinner at the Nine Dragons. I have heard many bad reviews about this place. Those people must not have had the Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. It was fantastic! Capped the night off with some time at my favorite WDW attraction...the Rose and Crown.

Saturday 11/11- We moved from POP to the SSR, thankfully. POP was a madhouse. Let me put it this way; we were both awakened by the guy next door singing "A Pirate's Life for Me". It was so loud, my wife thought it was me.

I was very impressed with SSR. IT is a work in progress, and when it is done it will be very big and really fantastic. There is a lot to find here and the grounds are amazing. The rest of the family showed up and we went to MK. The crowds were pretty bad, but we expected that since most information we had told us it would be busy for the first day. I have a low tolerance for MK on days like this, so my wife and I left the rest of the group and headed back to SSR for some R & R.

Dinner was at OHana's. They royaled messed up the seating as we waited for twice what they said we would and claimed they tried to page us. This is nonsense since we never left a 50 sq/ft perimeter of the counter. The reward was the best seat they could find for Wishes...fair trade. The show is terrific and I never saw it from there before.

Sunday 11/12
- Went to AK for my first ride on Everest. WOW!!! Just amazing. This is perhaps the best e-ticket WDI has produced since WDW opened. The detail was top notch and the ride was great fun. Did it 5 times that trip.

We checked into BWV, and things were a bit...rough around the edges. It took a while to get our luggage and our food order was lost. But everything showed up, and the BWV really redeemed itself quickly.

At night we went back to Epcot and had dinner at Alfredo's. The waiter was something like a used car salesman, and that seemed to bug my father, but this place is good regardless.

Monday 11/13- Went to Epcot for rope drop and tried Soarin and Nemo for the first time. Soarin is terrific, but there is a lot of room to improve this. It can be longer, but the concept is great and I hear this may change a bit. Needless to say, I will ride it multiple time a trip even if they don't change it.

Nemo is a classic dark ride feel. Nice song, short and sweet and the technology at the end it wonderful. This ride shows me what a movie based dark ride can do. Perhaps its time to update things like Snow White and Peter Pan.

MVMCP at night. Great time for everyone, as I knew it would be. The highlight was seeing the new POTC for the first time. Just outstanding! The first Sparrow is mind-blowing. My brother thought it was a CM dressed as Sparrow!

Tuesday 11/14- MGM in the morning and then my wife and I left the group for our favorite event. We get to the Rose and Crown for half-yards by 4pm and go back and forth between Off Kilter and the British Invasion for the entire evening. Illuminations capped of a great night!

One note from this day. I am totally convinced the WDW bus service stinks! I will avoid it as best I can from now on. The kicker was waiting 40 minutes for a bus back to the BWV to pick up our yards, only to have the driver give us a nice tour of the EPCOT parking lot before realizing he was heading in the wrong direction.

Wednesday 11/15- AK in the morning,MGM in the evening. We saw Fantasmic, which was as wonderful as alway. My nephew was glued to his seat with his sorcerer hat on. He liked the Narnia ad...ummm...I mean attraction.

Thursday 11/16- My first time at Le Cellier and Raglan Road. Big thumbs up for Le Cellier and thumbs down for Raglan Road. What a poor excuse for an Irish pub. This was also a British Invasion-Off Kilter day.

When we got home around midnight, we saw the CM's getting all the X-mas decorations out for the BW and starting to build the gingerbread house. Neat to see this at work.

Friday 11/17- Went on Rafiki's Planet Watch for the first time and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The train was relaxing (I love trains) and the kids had a good time. This attraction gets panned alot, but I think you need to not expect too much excitement for an adult. It was fine with me.

The highlight of this day came when my nephew finally met Sorcerer Mickey at MGM. My nephew's name is Michael and we call him Mickey. We he went up to the mouse, he explained to him that they both had the same name. The Mouse jestured that they also had the same hat on. I told my nephew "Look, he wants you to see you have the same hat on." The boy replied, "I know, that's because I love you!" (It chokes me up everytime I think about it!)

Saturday 11/18- MK in the morning and EPCOT in the evening. We had dinner at San Angel and were all very pleased with it. Terrific place.

Sunday 11/19- We hit the FW attractions and then headed home. While walking back to the BW I was carrying my very depressed nephew, who said he never wanted to leave. I said, "Buddy, no one does".

Go to...
Mouse Extra
Feeding the Disney addiction daily, yours and mine

Last edited by dbm20th; 11-22-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

A lot of Rose & Crown and Off Kilter, eh?

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
serendipity
DIS Veteran

we were there the exact same time as you? It's depressing to be home isn't it? I still haven't unpacked.

We did a lot of the same things at the same time as well. We also agree that Raglan Road was terrible...but we had a great time at Rose n Crown.

Hope you're not as sad as us to be home
January 2008- Paris (with day trip to Disneyland Paris), Germany, Austria, Florence and Rome!!!/May 2007- Honeymoon at Disneyland and the great out west!/February 2007-Long weekend at POR/November 2007-Early Christmas at ASSp/WL/AKL/April 2006-Birthday celebration/1st trip with my husband at ASMo/AKL/1996-2000- Summers in Orlando every year to visit my Grandmother

Old 11-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We checked into BWV, and things were a bit...rough around the edges. It took a while to get the backs and our food order was lost. But everything showed up, and the BWV really redeemed itself quickly.
Did you order food from a grocery store and what is "get the backs" at BWV.

Otherwise it sounds like you had a great vacation.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari
Did you order food from a grocery store and what is "get the backs" at BWV.

Otherwise it sounds like you had a great vacation.
I would assume its "get the bags"

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 11-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity
we were there the exact same time as you? It's depressing to be home isn't it? I still haven't unpacked.

We did a lot of the same things at the same time as well. We also agree that Raglan Road was terrible...but we had a great time at Rose n Crown.

Hope you're not as sad as us to be home
I read your trip report as well. I still can't get my son to stop crying. Tonight, he said he wanted to go home. I said you are. He said my home at Disney World.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 11-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Vemnox
The Mayor

Soarin', at 4 minutes 51 seconds, already puts out lines of 2-3 hours. Think if the show was longer how much more of a nightmare the lines and waiting would be.
Fall 2007 to December 2009 - Guest Relations / VIP Tour Guide
June 2006 to December 2009 - Finance (Cross-U)

...now happily back home after over 3 great years with the Mouse!

Trips since:
December 2011
December 2012

Future:
TBD 2014
Old 11-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vemnox
Soarin', at 4 minutes 51 seconds, already puts out lines of 2-3 hours. Think if the show was longer how much more of a nightmare the lines and waiting would be.
we walked right on early mid-week. On the weekend though, it gor crowded just after rope drop.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: