Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #511
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyshell View Post
I love to walk on deck 9 and 10 at 7 a.m., literally 5 people in the whole place.

I love to order two sandwiches the night before an excursion, dry, put them in zip lock bags in the refrigerator to take on the excursions the next day.

we love to order room service upon pulling out of Cape Canaveral and listen to the music and deck party from the privacy of our own veranda.

I like to go in the back side of the buffet from the outside deck at the end of the buffet at two o'clock, nobody in line, still lots of food available.

When they call for 2:1 drinks at the family pool, if you ask they will also give that to you at the adult pool.

Also this cruise we waited in the Cadillac Lounge for last call to depart the ship, we had the full last day we could get and walked off the ship with no line. It was lovely and nonrushed.

Technically you aren't allowed to do that with the sandwiches. Yo uaren;t allowed to bring off food from the ship to a port, unless it is prepackaged, like crakers in a wrapper, etc.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #512
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Technically you aren't allowed to do that with the sandwiches. Yo uaren;t allowed to bring off food from the ship to a port, unless it is prepackaged, like crakers in a wrapper, etc.
Who says you aren't allowed to do this? Is it the law of the country or DCL rules or something else? I know lots of people do this, and I think it's good to know the quality of the food you are eating.

Has anyone ever been "caught"? What was the punishment?

:cat :
kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #513
VAgal76
Your Pirate Name Is - Dirty Bessie Backstabber - GASP!

Location: Can be called many things: The Boonies, the Sticks, Middle of Nowhere, VA

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post
Who says you aren't allowed to do this? Is it the law of the country or DCL rules or something else? I know lots of people do this, and I think it's good to know the quality of the food you are eating.

Yes, technically you shouldn't take food off the ship unless it's prepackaged. They don't normally enforce it at places like Cozumel, but they definitely enforce back at Port Canaveral. There is a hefty fine. We've always been given literature stating we can't take food/perishables off the ship at different ports from what I can recall.

Cruising Mickey Style: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy

I have a permanent date with - F&W Girls Trip

VAgal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #514
fltink
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!!!!

Yeah, but the Uncrustables (PB&J) that you get from room service are pre-packaged!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
April '03 7 N Eastern Carib Bday Magic
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
Feb '04 7 N Western Carib Valentine's Magic
Sept '05 7 N Western Carib WEDDING Magic!!!!
Sept '07 7 N Eastern Carib 2 Yr Anniversary Magic
Jan '09 7 N Western Carib Magic
Sept '09 7 N Eastern Carib 4 Yr Anniversary Magic
July '10 4 N Wonder
Oct '10 4 N Halloween Wonder
Jan '11 3 N Preview Cast Dream

Next cruise.....
Sept '13 14 N Panama Wonder (8 Yr Anniversary!!!)
fltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #515
memobrien
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post

I thought that was a law from Customs. It's not just a DCL rule. When I've traavelled to other countries they have had the same rules. Also when we went on a different cruise too.

Maura
Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 AM   #516
KatieLovesMickey
Mouseketeer

I was planning to take some Uncrustables to Atlantis for the day because I heard that the meals there are very pricey. (We booked the excursion on our own, so lunch is not included.) Since they're prepackaged, I'm assuming that's okay. Are there any other prepackaged foods available from room service (i.e. bags of chips, pretzels, or cookies) that I could request as well?
TIA!
Katie
Old 11-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #517
Donnaksmj
LovinDisney

We were on another cruise line, I forget where we were getting off..but they were making people empty out their food from their bags before they let us off.
I guess it depends if they fell like it enforcing the rules that day.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #518
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAgal76 View Post
Yes, technically you shouldn't take food off the ship unless it's prepackaged. They don't normally enforce it at places like Cozumel, but they definitely enforce back at Port Canaveral. There is a hefty fine. We've always been given literature stating we can't take food/perishables off the ship at different ports from what I can recall.
OK, thanks. I do remember that being a Customs rule at Port Canaveral, but did not remember it from the ports.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #519
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by memobrien View Post
I thought that was a law from Customs. It's not just a DCL rule. When I've traavelled to other countries they have had the same rules. Also when we went on a different cruise too.

Maura
Thanks for the explanation.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #520
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by memobrien View Post

Maura
Yes, I beleive that it is an international customs law. I think it depends on the country too. Some probably force it more than others. The US is one country that usually does. They even told us last cruise if that drug dog goes to your bag becuase of food, you can be in trouble that way too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #521
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14Ĺ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAgal76 View Post
I walked off carrying an entire cake at Port Canaveral and no one said a word. They only food they were concerned with being carried off was fruits and veggies, meats may also not be allowed.

We've always taken snacks off in ports, including when we went on a northern European cruise this past summer. These included prepackaged and some that are not.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #523
CheshireChick
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the info. I was considering taking some grub onto the islands to save money for something else. Good info to consider.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #524
Marinate
Earning My Ears

Arrow

I'm scanning all my important documents (passports, driver's license, credit cards front and back) and emailing them to my Yahoo account. That way, if something happens, I can access them myself through the internet cafe.

Last edited by Marinate; 11-24-2008 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Marinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:54 AM   #525
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

DO NOT DO THAT!!!!

you will be exposing yourself to loss of information and fraud by putting it out in the open like that.

Just make extra copies and put them in with your documents. I always keep an extra copy separate from my wallet, etc.

You should be fine.

If it helps... give copies of those things to a trusted family member or friend just in case you need them. Don't put them out on the internet...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: