Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #496
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
What is the DVC presentation?
DVC is Disney Vacation Club - Disney's version of timeshare properties. The presentation is very low key and no pressure to buy, just basically an information session. However..... they will be more than happy to take your money if you do want to buy.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #497
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Beach towels are avail for both... they aren't the biggest towels but you can take a few...

When you come back to the ship, they will have a bin that they will collect them in.
Where do you get them then? Do you sign them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
I went to Home Depot and got some of the sample paint Mickey's and laminated them, punched a hole in them and then tied them on our luggae with ribbon. Makes our luggage easy to find and puts us in the Disney mood!!
I do that too! (I never thought to laminate them though)
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #498
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslisad View Post
I loved my shoe holder - my entire family thought it was so easy to find things. I did not need the duct tape - should have done the extension cord. Wish I had more places to hang wet swimsuits - did not find enough room to hang wet / damp things - since there were 4 of us in the room - the one spot in bathroom was always packed with swimsuits!@
I haven't gone through this whole thread yet, but wanted to add this tip that we use. We bought some suction cup hooks at the Dollar Tree, but I think you can get them other places and put them on the shower walls and we hung up swim suits there. Here is a link to a picture I found on a random site that shows what I am talking about:

http://annkroeker.wordpress.com/2008...ng-washcloths/

This may have been mentioned already, but I just thought of this when I saw this comment as I am going through this very long but VERY helpful thread!

DJ
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #499
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjones View Post
I haven't gone through this whole thread yet, but wanted to add this tip that we use. We bought some suction cup hooks at the Dollar Tree, but I think you can get them other places and put them on the shower walls and we hung up swim suits there. Here is a link to a picture I found on a random site that shows what I am talking about:

http://annkroeker.wordpress.com/2008...ng-washcloths/

This may have been mentioned already, but I just thought of this when I saw this comment as I am going through this very long but VERY helpful thread!

DJ
That's a really good idea for the bath spongie things too (like in the picture). We have that problem at our house.

I've not cruised, but at WDW bathrooms I've always had that string you can pull across the bathtub and I just bring clothespins and we use that for our swimsuits. Is that not available on the cruises?
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #500
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
That's a really good idea for the bath spongie things too (like in the picture). We have that problem at our house.

I've not cruised, but at WDW bathrooms I've always had that string you can pull across the bathtub and I just bring clothespins and we use that for our swimsuits. Is that not available on the cruises?
Yes, there is a clothesline in the tub, but there was never enough room for all of our stuff when the kids were young. We have 4 swimsuits and 2 goggles. NOW my kids are teens and DH and I don't like swimming (only went with the kids when they were young--we have been cruising DCL for the last 9 years and our kids were 5 when we went on our first, and they will be 15 on our next so times have changed). I don't think we will need the hooks on our next cruise because as my girls have gotten older they don't wear goggles and their swim suits have gotten smaller (they used to have one pieces with swim shorts over them--now they wear a bikini like most teenage girls seem to now days) and DH and I won't be swimming, so the clothesline will probably be enough for us on our next cruise.

DJ
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #501
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Where do you get them then? Do you sign them out?
They have bins of towels when you disembark the ship. You can take as many as you want. When you return to the ship they will have a bin to put your wet towels into before boarding the ship.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #502
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Also... the towels up by the pool are in cabinets - just go grab as many as you need...

Hint....

they are also good for when you are sitting up at the pool at night watching whatever movie they are showing!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:18 AM   #503
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post
The one in the stateroom ihas very weak air flow and not much heat. It's also sort of weird, more like a vacuum hose than a hair dryer.

It would probably be OK if your hair is fine or thin, but it would take forever to dry thick hair.
Yes, take your own hairdryer. I tried to use the one they provided and it took way too long. I have thick hair and by the time my hair was dry my hand was burning because the hair dryer got so hot, because it took so long. So I will definitely be bringing my own.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #504
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Yes, take your own hairdryer. I tried to use the one they provided and it took way too long. I have thick hair and by the time my hair was dry my hand was burning because the hair dryer got so hot, because it took so long. So I will definitely be bringing my own.
Great tip! Thank you!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #505
pskorf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella&Dopey View Post
The Group we were sitting with told us NOT to let DCL take our bags when leaving the ship. Last time theirs got lost! We left them in our room and wheeled them off the ship the next day. Not lines or looking for luggage!
Can you really do this? I was under the impression that you HAD to put your luggage out the night before for DCL to handle. We are only going to have one suitcase per person and could easily wheel them off ourselves with us!

CBR - March/April 2010
All Star Sports - Wonder Cruise - All Star Sports - January 2009
Pop & YC - April 2008
ASMo - March 2007
ASMo - Feb 2006
Off prop - Feb 2004
pskorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #506
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

They REALLY frown on this...

They make finding your luggage very easy, by color and a Disney character on the tag...

My luggage made it off the ship before I did...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #507
willful
Embrace the Magic...WOO HOO!

Outstanding tips everyone!! Thanks so much It's getting me really excited for our cruise this Saturday. Wife and I are both soooo looking forward to the fun and relaxation. Thanks for helping think of last minute things before the trip. You all RAWK!!!

The Magic Never Ends Podcast
Embrace the Magic!

UPCOMING TRIP: November 8-17 for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon!!!

willful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #508
Futurist
REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to believe!

Hair dryers in suites?

Does anyone know if the category 1, 2, and 3 suites have different (better) hair dryers? My wife will already bring enough stuff to sink the Titanic (), but if we can leave the hair dryer home, it will save some weight. From what I've heard, the normal hair dryers are pretty lame.

Thanks,
Richard
Disney Dream – Feb. 6-10, 2011
Disney Fantasy – Maiden Voyage, March 31-April 7, 2012; February 8th-15th, 2014
Disney Wonder, Jan. 28-Feb. 2, 2013
EBPC, Disney Wonder, Sept. 12th-26th, 2014 (36th anniversary celebration)
Futurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #509
Tink rules

The normal hair dryers are downright prehistoric... I'd pack a small travel sized one just the same.

Take out the cinderblocks she's packed though...

Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #510
rickyshell
Earning My Ears

I love to walk on deck 9 and 10 at 7 a.m., literally 5 people in the whole place.

I love to order two sandwiches the night before an excursion, dry, put them in zip lock bags in the refrigerator to take on the excursions the next day.

we love to order room service upon pulling out of Cape Canaveral and listen to the music and deck party from the privacy of our own veranda.

I like to go in the back side of the buffet from the outside deck at the end of the buffet at two o'clock, nobody in line, still lots of food available.

When they call for 2:1 drinks at the family pool, if you ask they will also give that to you at the adult pool.

Also this cruise we waited in the Cadillac Lounge for last call to depart the ship, we had the full last day we could get and walked off the ship with no line. It was lovely and nonrushed.

Last edited by rickyshell; 11-10-2008 at 04:42 PM.
rickyshell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: